Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    That works too DC should not have tried to chase Marvel's tail and crib off Infinity War. Because that's probably another factor why Justice League failed it tried to mimic the Avengers. If DC had been more original then they would probably be in a better place. Say what you will about the Justice League film but I think Luthor's plan to create the Injustice League has potential and should have been what DC had gone with instead what went wrong. What Waverider thing?
    It doesn't have to be "Waverider" himself but make a movie that's a riff on Armageddon 2001.
    Waverider is from a bad future, where a hero turned villain has won... he travels through time to find the secret identity of this villain and warn the heroes early/stop this from occurring. Waverider can see the timelines of peoples lives when he's close to them so what we get is scenes from each heroes future and a lot of the futures are bad.

Then it occurs to me this is similar to the plot of deadpool 2.
    Damn.

DCEU needs a much bigger universe I can't just watch the justice league win fights over and over again. Whats their best story arc? Make that movie.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    It doesn't have to be "Waverider" himself but make a movie that's a riff on Armageddon 2001.
    Waverider is from a bad future, where a hero turned villain has won... he travels through time to find the secret identity of this villain and warn the heroes early/stop this from occurring. Waverider can see the timelines of peoples lives when he's close to them so what we get is scenes from each heroes future and a lot of the futures are bad.

Then it occurs to me this is similar to the plot of deadpool 2.
    Damn.

DCEU needs a much bigger universe I can't just watch the justice league win fights over and over again. Whats their best story arc? Make that movie.
    Ah you mean the visit Batman got from the future Barry Allen. Well the Justice League's definitive story of sorts was the fight against Starro the alien who can attach smaller versions of himself to control people actually.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Ah you mean the visit Batman got from the future Barry Allen. Well the Justice League's definitive story of sorts was the fight against Starro the alien who can attach smaller versions of himself to control people actually.
    Damn it. Yeah You're absolutely right. Except in Armageddon 2001, it would be based on the time traveler guy going back and giving those visions to everyone.

And the big bad is one of the heroes. . . Sadly over reliance on the justice league being the core x members makes this a shabby idea. I am ashamed.

Take some time to consider where things are now, and try to think about how that plays into even being able to move forward.

It's not exactly an enviable position to be in.
    I'd just make
    Jason Blood: Demonknight.
    And be done with it. Dceu are pretty serious stuff so they might as well go that way. A Jason blood that is a tattooed badboy/Magic hunter/Immortal.
    So he's doing the same thing as the Husband and wife in the conjuring, but instead of psychic investigators?
    Its Jason Blood.
    The Demon only comes out once to fight the big bad, the rest of it is just a solid horror film.

I mean the superhero frame by frame vs marvel doesn't seem like its going to work.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 05-01-2018 at 06:23 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    In away I think the ops on to something.
    2 Things...
    1. The Villain makes the movie

2. Darkseid is lost sadly because Thanos got there first and everything the op suggested would have been
    good if Avengers hadn't been made.

So I think you need to pick a different Big Bad and that's the most important thing.

I like the story of injustice, but I think I like the story of Armageddon 2001 and Countdown better in a way... I don't know how theyd set it up but The Monarch is visually striking and op villain with his own team and the potential to show all kinds of elseworlds.

Flashpoint works for this as well.

The scenario with time travel and elseworlds will let you fit all the coolest stories in the movie.

I don't know I'm spit balling here.

EDIT: Batman: The Raid .... regardless of our personal opinions and desires is a movie that would sell like crack in the 80s.
    Too many people non-comics people would LOVE to see that.
    100%.

The Raid Redemption/Die Hard but with Batman.

Going small is what DC should do moving forward, because they're not going to beat Marvel at going big.

What I presented in the OP is what DC could've done to beat Marvel to the Infinity War endgame, if they'd just showed up first with the massive crossover. They could just do what Marvel did backwards, and DC has the advantage because their heroes are more recognizable than Marvel's.

Well, they used to be, anyway.

Warner Bros.'s biggest mistake, in my opinion, was not doing a Batman film before BvS. Another Superman film probably would've helped, too, as well as introducing Wonder Woman first, but just that one Batman film, I think, would've made the biggest difference.

For one, they could've used the opportunity to introduce "Dan" (Wayne Industries employee killed at the start of BvS), which would've given the audience a genuine loss to sympathize with. For another, though, they could've established how and why Batman is in the dark place he's found himself in in BvS.

There's also the matter of marketing, too. For better or worse, Batman is synonymous with DC for most people. Had WB taken the time to build up this version of Batman, even just a bit, they might've had a larger following going in to BvS. As it was, I think most people just saw it as Ben Affleck dressed up as Batman while fighting Superman. The audience-character relationship just hadn't been established well enough for it to impress anyone nearly as much as that on-screen meet-up really should have.

All this is obviously retrospective criticism, though, which probably isn't very helpful. Moving forward, then, I don't believe it would be at all wise for WB to go back and reboot, at least full-on. I'm not opposed to a soft-reboot, and given Affleck's age and apparent waning interest in returning to the character, it's probably even necessary. But a full-fledged reboot would be a mistake, in my opinion, and if things got that bad, I can see WB just pulling the plug indefinitely for a few years instead. What we have now isn't perfect, but I also don't think it's anywhere near the train-wreck so many of its detractors want to label it as. There's still a lot of potential here, and I think given the right approach and the right filmmakers, there's a lot for we DC fans to look forward to.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Mighty Member

Comment Deleted
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 05-03-2018 at 04:55 PM.

I'm not in favor of a DCEU reboot. The casting really is NOT the problem, plus it means going back to square one.
    Wonder Woman is on the right track, Batman has started to build out it's universe...so...

They need to make the next Superman movie and make it epic and bright and happy. (And please God not with Lex as the main villain).
    Start it with an Earth celebration welcoming back Superman to the living and celebrating him. (Where were the hoorays in JL when the Earth was saved?...I recall one booyah from Cyborg). Then have a big bad alien Brainiac come to destroy Earth. Epic space battle. Throw in a Supergirl intro as a sideplot. And end it with the wedding of Clark & Lois. Cameos for some JL members that service the plot.

NEXT make the long-awaited Batman movie (with or w/o Batfleck, I think he's fine in the role IMO). The dark tone of the DCEU works for Batman even if it doesn't work for all the properties. Introduce Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon here in recognizable versions. Give us a little backstory on the dead Robin and just make it Jason for Pete's sake. This could set up a Red Hood plot twist here or later down the road. And give us a bat-villain that hasn't been done to death. This would also give some grounding to a Nightwing or Batgirl or Birds of Prey movie.

THEN FINALLY give us the JL movie we wanted but didn't get....JL versus the Injustice League. The best moment of the first movie was the final scene with Lex and Deathstroke. THAT was the moment that made everybody in my theatre straighten up and pay attention. Witty banter with heroes and bad guys (that aren't unreachable energy gods). Bring in Shazam and Mera and Green Lantern as new members.

That's how I'd do it. But that's just me.

Amazing Member
    the third rock in a solar system in the milky way

If I was in charge? Cancel DCEU. What I would do is this: have stand-alone movies without cameos, and then have crossovers once we get a good established roster of new characters. That would be nice.