Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

The also did those Super Best Friends Forever shorts staring Wonder Girl, Supergirl, and Batgirl and that was very tongue-in-cheek and zany.

The older I get and the more I see different creators interpret the characters, the more I believe they can work in many tones or contexts - from cuckoo comedy to heartbreaking tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Is a "bad" animated series better than no series at all?

I give you ..."WONDER WOMAN GO!" coming to Cartoon Network. A bunch of 15-min shorts where Diana and Co are drawn big - head style, acting wildly out of character, wacky, silly, and downright crazy!

Picture what they did to Robin (ostensibly Dick Grayson) in TEEN TITANS GO!

Imagine Diana as a narcissistic, paranoid control freak while Donna, Cassie, and Etta barely tolerate her. And imagine a lustful Diana constantly being friendzoned by an oblivious Steve (a la Starfire).

Also Diana's rep in - cartoon is also that of a joke: Supes, Bats, and Aq all make random appearances only to mock her leadership abilities. Cheetah and Co successfully beat Diana half the time.

It could be worse.

Be careful what you wish for.
    I'm pretty sure no one wants a WW animated series like this so I have no idea why you'd bring this up. No one wants a poorly done WW animated series that disrespects the character least of all the people that have been clamoring for one for years.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    We need to get annoying. I hope it doesn't take decades. While Diana has never been a top seller in DC. She has always mainly been the top seller in female heroes Her outside the mainstream comics have also done very well. I feel this is a seems should allow at least a mini-series to test the waters. If there was a miniseries what should it be about? Well, of course, her life and contest. How about the first time in the man's world? Or just the Amazons being created.

I love She-ra but sad that Diana is still not getting the love
    I disagree, we've already got her origin, contest, first time in man's world in animation, and we just got a live action movie that did an origin most of the potential audience will view as definitive. More interesting to start sometime after the origin, already battle tested but not truly experienced yet. So early career, but not start of career.

Personally, I would like to see her go on a youthful world tour to figure out who she wants to be or do like some people do, traveling in the invisible jet to exotic locations, meeting various DC characters like a young Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Arthur Curry, or Hal Jordan before they become the heroes we know, encountering various villains, and having a variety of different adventures. Maybe have a buddy or two like Artemis or Etta going with her. Something to really hit the preteen market and expand her fanbase, but mature enough their parents can enjoy it too.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Is a "bad" animated series better than no series at all?

I give you ..."WONDER WOMAN GO!" coming to Cartoon Network. A bunch of 15-min shorts where Diana and Co are drawn big - head style, acting wildly out of character, wacky, silly, and downright crazy!

Picture what they did to Robin (ostensibly Dick Grayson) in TEEN TITANS GO!

Imagine Diana as a narcissistic, paranoid control freak while Donna, Cassie, and Etta barely tolerate her. And imagine a lustful Diana constantly being friendzoned by an oblivious Steve (a la Starfire).

Also Diana's rep in - cartoon is also that of a joke: Supes, Bats, and Aq all make random appearances only to mock her leadership abilities. Cheetah and Co successfully beat Diana half the time.

It could be worse.

Be careful what you wish for.

Robin is the best character on the show though. Wonder Woman from Justice League Action was actually a lot like Robin, which is why she's the best animated rendition of the character thus far. Wonder Woman should be competitive, constantly trying to outperform her co-workers and villains alike. She should also have a bit of an ego too, since she knows shes the best.

Also is that gif from Go! or is that a new flash by Zone?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Amazing Member

Couple suggestions for series. First - to lower the level of Diana's powers to the level of the series of the 70's. That there was a correct balance of little experienced Diana (which should look 21-22 years old) against the initial small threats. And against such threats was fear for her. At least for the first 2 seasons. And with experience comes more strength (and with experience should grow hair each season). Second - Etta Candy, as comic relief can be Steve's aunt. And - no other heroes for first season.
    Last edited by Undergrizer; 05-29-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The last thing Wonderwoman needs right now is one of those goofy style cartoons that seem to be all the rage right now. We’ve just got to the point where WonderWoman is taken somewhat seriously as a franchise. Going goofy could undermine that. If they did do a show about Diana it should be in the Young Justice style, and it should be streamed, like the new Voltron, or that Vixen mini series.

If you had to pick what arc story would you like to see in an animated series? I honestly would like to see what Amazon attack was suppose to be.