Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I wonder would it be to silly for Holliday girls to be a thing if it’s morser ? Unless that’s the day of a unit.

Much like BTAS was to the Batvillains, I see a Wonder Woman animated series really helping establishing and highlighting the awesomeness of Wonder Woman's adversaries to creative community at large so they gain more prominence and hopefully people wanting to use them. Mr. Freeze became a better villain from BTAS, Poison Ivy became more prominent, and you might even get a happy accident like Harley Quinn.

I'm already a believer, but I don't see why creators are so limited in their creativity when it comes to the raw materials, relationships, and psychology that these villains provide:

Ares and the Olympians; especially Athena and Aphrodite
    Cheetah
    Circe
    Angle Man
    Giganta and the brilliance of Dr. Doris Zeul
    Doctor Poison
    Doctor Psycho
    Doctor Cyber
    Silver Swan
    Ares Children
    The Mask
    The Gentleman Killer
    Villainy Inc.
    Queen Clea
    Zara and the Cult of the Crimson Flame
    Eviless
    Queen of Fables
    Heracles
    Inversion
    Duke Dazam
    Anton Unreal

It sincerely puzzles me that more creators aren't interested in the concepts of her villains and how they might be revamped and reinterpreted into fantastic foes not only for Diana, but also the DCU at large.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Much like BTAS was to the Batvillains, I see a Wonder Woman animated series really helping establishing and highlighting the awesomeness of Wonder Woman's adversaries to creative community at large so they gain more prominence and hopefully people wanting to use them. Mr. Freeze became a better villain from BTAS, Poison Ivy became more prominent, and you might even get a happy accident like Harley Quinn.

I'm already a believer, but I don't see why creators are so limited in their creativity when it comes to the raw materials, relationships, and psychology that these villains provide:

Cheetah
    Circe
    Angle Man
    Doctor Poison
    Doctor Psycho
    Doctor Cyber
    Silver Swan
    Ares Children
    The Mask
    The Gentleman Killer
    Villainy Inc.
    Queen Clea
    Eviless
    Queen of Fables
    Heracles
    Inversion
    Duke Dazam
    Anton Unreal

It sincerely puzzles me that more creators aren't interested in the concepts of her villains and how they might be revamped and reinterpreted into fantastic foes not only for Diana, but also the DCU at large.
    Um Athena and Aphrodite aren't villains. Not in the WW comics anyway.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post

Cheetah
    Circe
    Angle Man
    Doctor Poison
    Doctor Psycho
    Doctor Cyber
    Silver Swan
    Ares Children
    The Mask
    The Gentleman Killer
    Villainy Inc.
    Queen Clea
    Eviless
    Queen of Fables
    Heracles
    Inversion
    Duke Dazam
    Anton Unreal

I'm always shocked none of the animated shows used Dr. Psycho or Angle Man; but then again I don't think Timm was well versed in Wonder Woman lore.

I'd also like to see someone do more with Devastation; a childlike villain is such a good concept that I'm always shocked more wasn't done with her in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I never liked the character while watching the DCAU as a kid. I saw zero appeal until I started reading some comics and saw how much they got wrong.

I don't love YJ as much as most people seem to, but Greg Weisman would be a better choice for a WW cartoon than Bruce Timm. I think he does better with clear leads than YJ, where a common criticism is not enough focus on all the characters. Gargoyles was far better, but that at least had the very firm leads in Goliath and Eliza. Spectacular Spider-Man was great too and it had a solo hero. So I think a WW solo cartoon could be up his alley.
    While I do like YJ, I do find it a little overrated.
    I don't like how much Weisman changes continuity. While I think he did a stellar job on Dick Grayson and that's the only animated show to get him right; it still irritates me that Tim Drake got shorted out of leading HIS OWN TEAM from the comics.
    I also disliked that they went with the stereotypical clone storyline when the whole point of Conner was to deconstruct that. I felt like they stripped Conner of all his characterization and made him kind of boring.
    I just think the YJ and Superboy comics are so much better than the actual show.
    Last edited by RoamingGnome8; 05-18-2018 at 10:49 AM.

I wonder much with Harley what would be a cool animated series only character?

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I think Dr Cyber and Angle Man made very very brief cameos in JLU. I don’t think Cyber had a single line...

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    I think Dr Cyber and Angle Man made very very brief cameos in JLU. I don’t think Cyber had a single line...
    I think I remember Dr. Cyber was just a "low ranking AI opponent" for some Danger Room-esque training?

Also, I imagine if the new She-Ra cartoon coming later this year is successful, it'll give them even more of a push to do a WW series.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I think a great idea for the first season would be Wonder Woman coming to our world and facing the great adventures/problems that come with it. Like The Legend of Korra season 1 (they're pretty similar now that I think about it).

Ok, so before the Korra comparrison I would suggest an episodic/case of the week series but in the age of binge watching....
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Korra/Avatar's "Bryke" are too perfect for a Wonder Woman animated series. Even Steven Universe's Rebecca Sugar would be great at it.

I also agree that the animated movie while competent and far from the worst of DC's Direct to Video offerings, wasn't all that. So dunno why DC is using that as a gauge to measure the success of an animated Wonder Woman solo show.
    Following the Legend of Korra model would actually be pretty dope. Ideally, I'd want a Diana that's a bit less hot-headed than Korra, but if her show had anywhere close to the animation Korra's had, then I probably wouldn't complain too much about her personality.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Amazing Member

Someone high up in WB/DC just doesn't think Wonder Woman is worth investing in as a franchise. They refuse to face that what little they've given people has sold REALLY well.

Her animated movie didn't break records right out of the gate, but over time and due to word of mouth, it sold better than most of their other animated movies at the time. It seems like a no-brainer to follow that up with a sequel or two.

Maybe with their streaming service theylll finally give her an animated series. Im sure its really challenging to get something like that started, I would have loved a Bruce Time produced WW series. (Just no Batman appearance; I hated how they were shipped in the otherwise perfect DCAU)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyLaskey View Post
    Someone high up in WB/DC just doesn't think Wonder Woman is worth investing in as a franchise. They refuse to face that what little they've given people has sold REALLY well.

Her animated movie didn't break records right out of the gate, but over time and due to word of mouth, it sold better than most of their other animated movies at the time. It seems like a no-brainer to follow that up with a sequel or two.

Maybe with their streaming service theylll finally give her an animated series. Im sure its really challenging to get something like that started, I would have loved a Bruce Time produced WW series. (Just no Batman appearance; I hated how they were shipped in the otherwise perfect DCAU)
    This. Exactly. But why is that?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    This. Exactly. But why is that?
    Sexism. Not enough faith in a property that isn't Batman. DC's own poor track record with the character. Maybe all of the above and more.

This has been going for decades. Out of the trinity Diana has always been the treated poorly. Always a recton when a new writer comes in. her villains are always beaten by Batman or Arrow. Dc really should get an editor for Diana. Yes it's one book but if an editor keeps things smoothly then they can work on getting another book

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Following the Legend of Korra model would actually be pretty dope. Ideally, I'd want a Diana that's a bit less hot-headed than Korra, but if her show had anywhere close to the animation Korra's had, then I probably wouldn't complain too much about her personality.
    LOK's animation is absolutely gorgeous but I always felt like the distinctiveness of the bending styles got lost.
    That being said, if the animation was anywhere near the quality of AtLAB or LOK I would be beyond thrilled!

Same with YJ; the animation is really stellar. I loved the episodes with Adam Strange, just because the designs for Rann were beautiful! If it looks like either show I would be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think I remember Dr. Cyber was just a "low ranking AI opponent" for some Danger Room-esque training?
    I'm pretty sure Cyberg was part of the Legion of Doom, though I don't think she did anything worth noting.
    Also, I imagine if the new She-Ra cartoon coming later this year is successful, it'll give them even more of a push to do a WW series.
    I think the incentive to do a Wonder Woman cartoon is less of an issue then the means of delivering one.

I mean, usually WB ships their main DC cartoons to Cartoon Network, but just look at how CN handled JLA or what they're doing to the Thundercats.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, usually WB ships their main DC cartoons to Cartoon Network, but just look at how CN handled JLA or what they're doing to the Thundercats.
    Wait, did Thundercats come back? I thought it got cancelled after one season?

I never watched the original, but the new one seemed interesting. Didn't watch it after I discovered it though because by then it was already cancelled.