Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    New Marvel One-Shots.
    I would happily get it even if the collection just fixed some easy to fix continuity errors, came in an infinity gauntlet replica, included a digital redemption code and featured 4K HDR 16:9 (IMAX like black bar free versions using the original 12K film feeds).

But how cool would it be if they filmed new marvel one shots that fix some continuity errors.

For example how amazing would it be if they filmed a one shot that shows up on iron man 1 disk as soon the movie ends where Terrance Howard does a hand off to Don Cheadle as the new military liaison for Stark and wishes him good luck.
    Last edited by Wikoogle; 05-02-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wikoogle View Post
    I would happily get it even if the collection just fixed some easy to fix continuity errors, came in an infinity gauntlet replica, included a digital redemption code and featured 4K HDR 16:9 (IMAX like black bar free versions using the original 12K film feeds).

But how cool would it be if they filmed new marvel one shots that fix some continuity errors.

For example how amazing would it be if they filmed a one shot that shows up on iron man 1 disk as soon the movie ends where Terrance Howard does a hand off to Don Cheadle as the new military liaison for Stark and wishes him good luck.
    Not amazing at all. It would be pretty silly since they're obviously both the same character and audiences already know that. Colonel Rhodes handing off to Colonel Rhodes?? Should they also include a scene with Edward Norton as Banner having plastic surgery to resemble Ruffalo? Changing actors is not a continuity error anyway. There's nothing to fix.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-02-2018 at 06:29 PM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

If they it was possible to finally get it Iron Man 4 seriously how dumb were they to bait and switch the Mandarin like that? And to top it all off there is a real Mandarin and it's a plot thread that may never be resolved. Marvel could have had a great villain even before Killmonger and Thanos but they had to be weak.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Not amazing at all. It would be pretty silly since they're obviously both the same character and audiences already know that. Colonel Rhodes handing off to Colonel Rhodes?? Should they also include a scene with Edward Norton as Banner having plastic surgery to resemble Ruffalo? Changing actors is not a continuity error anyway. There's nothing to fix.
    Forget it DennisTheMenace it's entitled fanboy town
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Forget it DennisTheMenace it's entitled fanboy town
    Because it’s too much to ask for a small throw away one shot to please fans that are willing to plop down $800 for a boxset?

Fantastic Member

Because it’s too much to ask for a small throw away one shot to please fans that are willing to plop down $800 for a boxset?
    Yes, it's too much to ask because it's incredibly stupid and you're the only one asking for this. They're the same character so it would make absolutely no sense. None. Fans wouldn't be pleased, they'd be horrified by the sheer idiocy of what they were watching.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-04-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Spectacular Member

Everyone realizes that marvel movies color grading after Thor is muddy and ugly and purposeful washes out any true blacks. Everything looks great on my 4K HDR TVs except for MCU movies.

This is why this video talking about this already has 3 Million Views... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ

The one and only glorious exception to this is Guardians of Galaxy Vol. 2 which uses true blacks and actual HDR colors.

I really hope that the inevitable three phase 4K UHD MCU collection fixes the color gradients so that they use true inky blacks and HDR colors. I would happily spend a $1000 for such a collection but I wont buy it at all if they dont fix this issue.

The only reason I buy 4K UHD discs and bought an OLED is for inky blacks and HDR colors and the MCU doesnt utilize either in most of its films. I actually fell asleep the second time I was watching Captain Marvel because the colors (until the last 10 minutes) were so muted and washed out. The movie itself was great (hence why I went for a second viewing) but the color pallete until the final set piece was so dull and boring.

BANNED

After Avengers 4, Disney will release a UHD collection including all 22 MCU movies that made up the current Phases. What do you want to see in this collection?
    I'll ignore it. I made the mistake of getting the UHD version of The Avengers when I got my new 4K TV before doing the research and discovering these movies are only filmed in 2K to begin with, so UHD will get virtually nothing in terms of increased definition. There's no additional 2K of data to upscale to.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'll ignore it. I made the mistake of getting the UHD version of The Avengers when I got my new 4K TV before doing the research and discovering these movies are only filmed in 2K to begin with, so UHD will get virtually nothing in terms of increased definition. There's no additional 2K of data to upscale to.
    Good point. I also will not be buying the box set if it uses a 2K source.

Thats why the OP has this blurb...

1. All UHD films need to be remastered from the original 12K film source down to 4K instead of upscaling the 2K digital prints. Since you're starting with a 12K film source, use a 16:9 aspect ratio since 16:9 (1.777:1) is a perfect midpoint between IMAX screens (1.43:1) and traditional film aspect ratios (1.85:1 or 2.35:1). If not 1.777, use at least the 1.85:1 film aspect ratio so that black bars are minimal and the tv screens are filled as much as possible.

Spectacular Member

Endgame was the perfect end. Not sure if Far From Home will act as an epilogue for the MCU making this a 23 disc release. But really hope the release is mastered very well into 4k with lots of color and great visual fidelity.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I hope Phase 4 and beyond feels like a completely new beginning of sorts. I don’t it to just feel like the next “infinity saga”...let it grow and shape in a different way.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Seems like a long way away now, but do you think the 50th instalment might be the legendary Secret Wars?

Spectacular Member

Looks like they finally announced the set. Sadly it doesn't come with digital codes which means it's an absolute rip off. They are charging $24 per movie (including the crappy movies, no bulk discount, no infinity gauntlet packaging) and not even bothering to include the digital codes!!!

What a rip off. Anyone that buys this is going to regret spending half a grand and not getting the convenience of having digital versions.

I was super anticipating this set thinking it would include digital codes.

Dumb studio decisions like this are why so many people pirate.

I want all the movies to stay in their original assigned screen ratio, and for Avengers effects to look more cinematic than they belong to TV.
    I also want the movies to look like movies, cause my experience with all this SUHD stuff and its ilk are that frame rate is uneasy to look at and pictures feel like they are from a 90s soap opera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    In what way is incredible hulk the crappiest movie in the mcu? It's better than iron man 2, Thor 2 iron man 3. I hate that there was a change in actors between incredible hulk and avengers but I still love the movie.
    Because we agree on loving that movie, and cause I love to share this image.

I'd switch Iron Man 3 (great movie) with Ant-Man and the Wasp, that movie is stupid and did not entertain me like it was supposed to

I appreciate the change to Ruffalo cause he seems like a better fit for the ensemble story, and I think he helped in making him my favorite character in Endgame.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly a lot of the films pre-2016 should be priced cheap at $5-10 a film right now. Trying to charge $24 for 2008 Iron Man film is so silly. This box set likely will be marked down massive by Christmas.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.