Thread: Batman

Default Batman

I've been working on some covers for a new book. I've also been trying out some new stuff on drawings like Batman here. Your crits are appreciated.

bat2.jpg

Powerful and "beware evil-doers" looking Batman! Very nice art. You have talent!

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Powerful and "beware evil-doers" looking Batman! Very nice art. You have talent!
    Appreciate your comment. Love drawing Batman and he's a great character to use when working on my art. Still figuring out the best way to draw covers vs sequentials.

You are welcome. And being somewhat new to CBR, welcome to the site!

You included detail in the archway and lattice background. I love detail.

As for characters, I need clarity, "accurateness" and precision in the arwork. The character should look like the character intended, without being an amorphous blob, mostly unrecognizable to fans. You nailed all that friend! Your Batman looks like Batman with defined musculature, squared jaw and just a smidge of scowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You are welcome. And being somewhat new to CBR, welcome to the site!

You included detail in the archway and lattice background. I love detail.

As for characters, I need clarity, "accurateness" and precision in the arwork. The character should look like the character intended, without being an amorphous blob, mostly unrecognizable to fans. You nailed all that friend! Your Batman looks like Batman with defined musculature, squared jaw and just a smidge of scowling.
    I'm happy you saw what I was going for. When I'm drawing what I rely on is the knowledge I stole from others and trial and error but when I post, comments like yours can help me understand what works and what does not. Thanks again.