Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly idea

Default Silly idea

I mean it’s been hinted at but what if Hippoltya and her sisters were the daughters of Ares and Aphrodite? Then again not interesting storylines I guess

Where was this hinted at?

A good story can come from anywhere with imagination and dedicated writers.

the wiki says it was http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman_Vol_2_136 where Hippolyta was said to be a demi-goddess daughter of Ares.

In the original myths the Amazons are perhaps not all, but many of them were demigoddesses and daughters of Ares.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 04-29-2018 at 08:36 AM.

If there was a good new story written around this, I would read it. I mean, it does seem logical: God of war and goddess if love creating peaceful warrior women.

Dang, now I want stories if the Amazons!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    If there was a good new story written around this, I would read it. I mean, it does seem logical: God of war and goddess if love creating peaceful warrior women.

Dang, now I want stories if the Amazons!
    Well, it would raise eyebrows at Diana's now origins, as opposed to being clay given life. It would basically be Hippolyta getting pregnant from her grandfather, and one of Diana's most iconic rogues gallery members is her grandfather.

Where's Jerry Springer when you need him?

What do you mean? I just mean that Ares is Hippolyta's father. But the Clay origin can still work since it's more on Hipppoltya's parental side. I mean it would somewhat make them struggle back and forth. Between being peaceful and loving to violence. WHy that's why the Amazons wear the bracelets. I'm not saying all of the amazons due to just Hippolyta and her sisters. One idea I had is Ares almost had his perfect army but Aphrodite finally saw her lover's madness
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 04-29-2018 at 07:21 PM.

I don't think it's a silly idea, Mizuno. This is the myth story.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

In the myths, Hercules pretty much wrecked their civilization. This is preserved in the comics where they migrated to Paradise Island because of what Hercules did to them. The Bracelets of Submission are a reminder that they used to be slaves of Hercules. It's possible that if there are Amazons in the comics that are daughters of another Amazon that they're also daughters of Hercules. Yeah, Hercules did whatever he wanted with his slaves. Stuff like "fetch me some wine, then go lay in my bed while I finish drinking" was apparently rather common.

Back in the Greek myths, the Amazons were said to be the daughters of Ares and Harmonia, so there is even classical precedence for the Amazons being Ares' offspring. So the idea is not silly at all from that aspect.

That said, I really like the outlined origin that Perez did, where several of the Olympian goddesses (with Hermes and Persephone) set out to create the Amazons. That said, I'm sure there can be individual second-generation amazons who are the offspring of Ares or other gods.

AmiMizuno, I like your ideas.

Why not do something like they did in the Legend of Wonder Woman book. Hippolyte and her sisters rule. They are the original Amazons, Daughters of Ares and Aphrodite. Maybe it's 4 or 5 of them, at the beginning, and their numbers grow as they travel the world.

Make them the Greatest Warriors the Earth has seen. For their power is led by their love for the Earth. This can cause some conflict with the Sisters, Bana Mighdall/Antiope/Valkyrie (I always liked the idea that all the warrior women are in essence Amazons or a branch from that society, branching off eventually. (They all love the world equally, but don't necessarily agree on how to protect it.) They had Husbands/Wives, children. Most were killed or they left the Amazons to live normal lives. The Bracelets keep their powers, the sisters, in check so that they know what loving submission is, and not let their Father's side reign supreme. It keeps them balanced. Yes, there is also a thing as Amazon Training, it allows them to keep up with the original sisters (Maybe the Bracelets/Hippolyte's Belt enhances all the Amazons)

The thing with Heracles/Hercules happens, they splinter off, again, this explains the Bana and maybe even the Valkyre as they give up on the Greco-Roman Pantheon and decide to look elsewhere and pledge their allegiance to other gods.

The Themysicrian Amazons join Hippolyte on the island, protecting us from Doom's Doorway and become immortal, Hippolyte's belt making them unbeatable. Antiope's amazons become the Bana. Menelippe's maybe become the Valkyrie.

Hippolyte has Diana (Whatever origin you want) Antiope has Nubia (Whatever Origin best fits here.) Menellippe has Brunhilde.

Maybe one day they can become one again, Diana and her cousins. Uniting the Amazons once again.

Doing this, you will be able to explain how Darkseid and the like left Earth alone. It isn't like they didn't know Earth would eventually become the center of the universe, so why is it that they only decide to attack now? Maybe they've always been warded off because of the Amazons, and this gives them a deeper connection to the DC Universe and History (Maybe Granny Goodness was originally one of the original Sisters?)
    Last edited by richalex; 04-30-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    Richard Alexander

I wonder how should this change their relationship with the Gods?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-01-2018 at 05:24 PM.

I mean since both their parents would be Gods what would Hippoltya and her sisters titles be? Unless they somewhat found a way to just be demo-gods

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    AmiMizuno, I like your ideas.

Why not do something like they did in the Legend of Wonder Woman book. Hippolyte and her sisters rule. They are the original Amazons, Daughters of Ares and Aphrodite. Maybe it's 4 or 5 of them, at the beginning, and their numbers grow as they travel the world.

Make them the Greatest Warriors the Earth has seen. For their power is led by their love for the Earth. This can cause some conflict with the Sisters, Bana Mighdall/Antiope/Valkyrie (I always liked the idea that all the warrior women are in essence Amazons or a branch from that society, branching off eventually. (They all love the world equally, but don't necessarily agree on how to protect it.) They had Husbands/Wives, children. Most were killed or they left the Amazons to live normal lives. The Bracelets keep their powers, the sisters, in check so that they know what loving submission is, and not let their Father's side reign supreme. It keeps them balanced. Yes, there is also a thing as Amazon Training, it allows them to keep up with the original sisters (Maybe the Bracelets/Hippolyte's Belt enhances all the Amazons)

The thing with Heracles/Hercules happens, they splinter off, again, this explains the Bana and maybe even the Valkyre as they give up on the Greco-Roman Pantheon and decide to look elsewhere and pledge their allegiance to other gods.

The Themysicrian Amazons join Hippolyte on the island, protecting us from Doom's Doorway and become immortal, Hippolyte's belt making them unbeatable. Antiope's amazons become the Bana. Menelippe's maybe become the Valkyrie.

Hippolyte has Diana (Whatever origin you want) Antiope has Nubia (Whatever Origin best fits here.) Menellippe has Brunhilde.

Maybe one day they can become one again, Diana and her cousins. Uniting the Amazons once again.

Doing this, you will be able to explain how Darkseid and the like left Earth alone. It isn't like they didn't know Earth would eventually become the center of the universe, so why is it that they only decide to attack now? Maybe they've always been warded off because of the Amazons, and this gives them a deeper connection to the DC Universe and History (Maybe Granny Goodness was originally one of the original Sisters?)
    Somewhat reminds me of the Percy Jackson series. Where the main cast (demi-Gods descended of the Greek pantheon, the Roman pantheon later added) often have to battle against ancient threats including the Titans, Greek monsters, and such.

If Hippolyta and her sisters are in charger this means one of them is the oracle like in Perez I guess either Antiope is in charge of the army before she leaves for the Banas. What about the other three?

I wonder how should Aphrodite be with Hippolyta and her sister? I do think since Aphrodite and Ares loved each other. Aphrodite should at first help Ares out in having worlds and taken over Olympus but she can't go through with it. Her children were at first affected by their father now are sealed with their bracelets. But the question is also how should Ares be with the Amazons?