Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silly idea

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I wonder how should Aphrodite be with Hippolyta and her sister? I do think since Aphrodite and Ares loved each other. Aphrodite should at first help Ares out in having worlds and taken over Olympus but she can't go through with it. Her children were at first affected by their father now are sealed with their bracelets. But the question is also how should Ares be with the Amazons?
    Aphrodite is also supposed to be married to Hephaestus (though constantly cheated on him, not only with Ares, but many others, as the Greek Gods tended to do, and had a number of children too).

Ares... It depends. If Rucka's continuity holds, he may become more amicable to the Amazons, even after he is eventually loosed from his chains. If not...

Ares is a being whom becomes more powerful through war and conflict. I could see him provoking larger and larger conflicts to increase his power.

The Amazons, and Diana in particular, being Warriors of Peace, would fundamentally oppose such actions.

So, at best, Ares could be a neutral party to the Amazons. At worst, one of their worst foes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Aphrodite is also supposed to be married to Hephaestus (though constantly cheated on him, not only with Ares, but many others, as the Greek Gods tended to do, and had a number of children too).

Ares... It depends. If Rucka's continuity holds, he may become more amicable to the Amazons, even after he is eventually loosed from his chains. If not...

Ares is a being whom becomes more powerful through war and conflict. I could see him provoking larger and larger conflicts to increase his power.

The Amazons, and Diana in particular, being Warriors of Peace, would fundamentally oppose such actions.

So, at best, Ares could be a neutral party to the Amazons. At worst, one of their worst foes.
    Actually, in some of the myths, Hephaestus did divorce, Aphrodite. He married Aglaea

https://www.greekmythology.com/Other...ea/aglaea.html

This is where I would put that after that Ares and Aphrodite married
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-03-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Actually, in some of the myths, Hephaestus did divorce, Aphrodite. He married Aglaea

https://www.greekmythology.com/Other...ea/aglaea.html

This is where I would put that after that Ares and Aphrodite married
    And, I doubt either of them would have been all that faithful, with Ares being, I imagine, far more vindictive than Hephaestus ever would have been (he did trap the two of them in a net, naked, and showed them off to the other Olympians as payback for cheating on him).

I don’t know I would have loved to see that Aphrodite and Ares are faithful to each other but due to what Aphrodite giving him powerful daughters. Didn’t Ares have other children. By Aphrodite ? That this love is different from those relationships. Maybe Aphrodite also went violent. That she showed a more violent side of love? Ares and Aphrodite were faithful because Ares was a el to twisted Aphrodite into a monster. So should the sisters be goddesses or have that taken away but their immortality stays

I don’t know I would have loved to see that Aphrodite and Ares are faithful to each other but due to what Aphrodite giving him powerful daughters. Didn’t Ares have other children. By Aphrodite ? That this love is different from those relationships. Maybe Aphrodite also went violent. That she showed a more violent side of love? Ares and Aphrodite were faithful because Ares was a el to twisted Aphrodite into a monster. So should the sisters be goddesses or have that taken away but their immortality stays
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ares#L...s_and_children

Aphrodite has been shown to be vain, certainly. And like the other Gods, could be plenty petty over many things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ares#L...s_and_children

Aphrodite has been shown to be vain, certainly. And like the other Gods, could be plenty petty over many things.

True. So why not have Ares make Aphrodite much prettier and have her help him take over Olympus? This is where I think the Amazons are given the choice by Athena.They could either be free of their parents or destroy the world.

What would a evil Aphrodite look like?

What would a evil Aphrodite look like?
    Probably like a yandere. Except with the powers of a Greek God.

What of the amazons? How should they be written? I mean sense Hippoltya and her sisters should lock way their divine powers. Heck maybe the amazons has a whole were demi gods due to their associate with Hippoltya and her sisters

Probably like a yandere. Except with the powers of a Greek God.
    Hehe, evil can be beautiful, legitimately beautiful not the creepy sexy bad guys often end up with.

Just for those of you not familiar with the term;

http://www.yourdictionary.com/yandere

So, Diana has occasionally come into conflict with her patrons, what sort of reason would she have to fight Aphrodite?

(the yandere thing is basically a specific variant of anti-hero/villain)

Oh I remember this concept coming up during O'Neils depowered run. In it he went for the interpretation of Hippolyta being Ares daughter but turning her back on him to serve Athena and Aphrodite. It led to him leading an army of his sister Eris, and his children Phobos, and Deimos, and an army of nightmares to wage war on the island which at the time was in another dimension. With Ares confronting Hippolyta and demanding she reveal the secret of dimension hopping to her father. He referred to Diana as his grand daughter during that.

How should Aphrodite even be handed? Or Ares? Should he be rebirth or his usually interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Back in the Greek myths, the Amazons were said to be the daughters of Ares and Harmonia, so there is even classical precedence for the Amazons being Ares' offspring. So the idea is not silly at all from that aspect.
    Castalia says the amazons are indeed daughters of Ares and Harmonia in Year One. I just don't know how that balances out with the origin at the end of the run.