Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Soule’s probably doing it tbh.

Could Adamantium Agenda's creative team be a clue? That was probably intended for Bendis too, considering it stars half of his New Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Im gonna have to vote no on Tom Taylor. I would have said Brisson but the Mariko outcome turned me off. Though id have to see how hed handle real logan before writing him off.

I was also a little disapppointed by the end of the Scarlet Samurai storyline but I can't put too much blame on Brisson about this story, he did an AMA on reddit recently and he revealed that the resurrection of Mariko was asked by X-Men editors and he had to make it work. The same thing happened recently with Blue and Daken, after some discussions with Mark Paniccia Bunn included him in his story at the last minute.

This editorial interference is something that happened a lot with the X-Men since the 80s and the launch of the X-Factor serie, during the 90s it was the editors who messed up with Hama run on Wolverine a lot especially regarding the Noseless Wolverine, the Silver Fox nonsense storyline and the removal of the adamantium. In the 2000s, editors again messed with the end of the Messiah Saga and AVX and more recently with the Death of X / IXV debacle. Maybe with the new editor things will be different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    After that great Iron Fist run, my dream team is Brubaker,Franction&Aja. I bet it would be special.
    Now that would be an incredible team
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ed Brisson (w) and Jon Malin (a)
    Has Brisson's work on Old Man Logan (and other books) been good?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

can anyone fill me in on what happened in the Mariko/ Scarlet Samurai story?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    can anyone fill me in on what happened in the Mariko/ Scarlet Samurai story?
    She lives and goes to live her own life. Also Old is loosing healing factor but has regenix saving them to use in a last stand like then end of logan.

No to Brisson. His OML is mediocre.

Bringing Logan back to prominence must be a priority. His character has been all over the place the last 20 years. Now, quite a lot of the stories have been good comics. But his overexposure, and really the reveal of his mysteries, has sort of backed the character into a corner. (To the pt where they had to kill him and give him a rest) I didn’t mind, but a lot of fans on this board did not like his mixing with the Avengers and fighting the Xmen.

Having said that, how do u put the genie back into the bottle?

He is a Deathwish/Dirty Harry archetype. For modern audiences, you want to adjust this a bit.

First thing, you have to make him DANGEROUS, again. So in terms of comics, no getting his ass handed to him. Except by his equals. That’s easy enough for a writer/editor to understand, no?

Students should be scared to talk to him, if he is ever at the school.

His teammates should wonder, this guy can go berserk anytime.

His claws are the answer to every question.

That’s just his baseline. We know he has shown a broad range, where he can be friendly, and a big brother, etc.

As far as tone, the Logan movie was great. Do it like that. A noir western. Dark and grey. Blood red. Quiet desperation.

Things to put to rest for a bit:
    Weapon X/Dept H/Canada (play with this later, as it’s a huge part)
    Feuding with Xmen (duh)
    Ninjas

As far as creative team, I have not been impressed by the current new guys, so the Logan screenwriter, Yost is a great suggestion, Brubaker, if he wants back in. He is so much better now than when he did Uncanny, and even his Cap run.

Artists, Mcniven, yu, and Chechetto. Arcs of 3 or more. Lots of time for them to do the best work of their career. We get a nice long 5 year run of 50-60 issues. JUST THESE GUYS. Can we get a commitment?

One last thing, he will be only in this book. After 18 months I would launch a Wolverine and the Xmen team book. Again keeping him to these 2 books.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Put Tom Taylor on writing duties with Idk who on art.

Just get TT to write. Dude is great.

As far as tone, I'd have it be X-Forcish, with lighter, high-adventure stuff when guest-stars pop up.

That guy would be the absolute worst choice to write Wolverine imo.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I was also a little disapppointed by the end of the Scarlet Samurai storyline but I can't put too much blame on Brisson about this story, he did an AMA on reddit recently and he revealed that the resurrection of Mariko was asked by X-Men editors and he had to make it work. The same thing happened recently with Blue and Daken, after some discussions with Mark Paniccia Bunn included him in his story at the last minute.

This editorial interference is something that happened a lot with the X-Men since the 80s and the launch of the X-Factor serie, during the 90s it was the editors who messed up with Hama run on Wolverine a lot especially regarding the Noseless Wolverine, the Silver Fox nonsense storyline and the removal of the adamantium. In the 2000s, editors again messed with the end of the Messiah Saga and AVX and more recently with the Death of X / IXV debacle. Maybe with the new editor things will be different.
    My main problem with the Mariko thing aside from she should never been brought back, is her leaving to start a new life. she knows Old Man isnt her logan. id think shed contact the x-men to find out what happened to him at the very least
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    No to Brisson. His OML is mediocre.

Bringing Logan back to prominence must be a priority. His character has been all over the place the last 20 years. Now, quite a lot of the stories have been good comics. But his overexposure, and really the reveal of his mysteries, has sort of backed the character into a corner. (To the pt where they had to kill him and give him a rest) I didn’t mind, but a lot of fans on this board did not like his mixing with the Avengers and fighting the Xmen.

Having said that, how do u put the genie back into the bottle?

He is a Deathwish/Dirty Harry archetype. For modern audiences, you want to adjust this a bit.

First thing, you have to make him DANGEROUS, again. So in terms of comics, no getting his ass handed to him. Except by his equals. That’s easy enough for a writer/editor to understand, no?

Students should be scared to talk to him, if he is ever at the school.

His teammates should wonder, this guy can go berserk anytime.

His claws are the answer to every question.

That’s just his baseline. We know he has shown a broad range, where he can be friendly, and a big brother, etc.

As far as tone, the Logan movie was great. Do it like that. A noir western. Dark and grey. Blood red. Quiet desperation.

Things to put to rest for a bit:
    Weapon X/Dept H/Canada (play with this later, as it’s a huge part)
    Feuding with Xmen (duh)
    Ninjas

As far as creative team, I have not been impressed by the current new guys, so the Logan screenwriter, Yost is a great suggestion, Brubaker, if he wants back in. He is so much better now than when he did Uncanny, and even his Cap run.

Artists, Mcniven, yu, and Chechetto. Arcs of 3 or more. Lots of time for them to do the best work of their career. We get a nice long 5 year run of 50-60 issues. JUST THESE GUYS. Can we get a commitment?

One last thing, he will be only in this book. After 18 months I would launch a Wolverine and the Xmen team book. Again keeping him to these 2 books.

Thank You
    Agreed on most of this! Specially with the part in bold: that's basically what Ewing is gonna do with his new Hulk book, and it sounds (and looks) amazing.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

i believe its Charles Soule who will write the ongoing since hes the arcitect of his return and writes the last one shot which leads right into Wolverine #1 in September
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I can live with Soule/McNiven as the new Wolverine ongoing team, if we're indeed getting McNiven. I think the Proteus arc in Astonishing has been a lot weaker than the first one, but I also think Soule can generally be very good - if he cuts the decompressed crap I'm sure he can deliver a good book.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    i believe its Charles Soule who will write the ongoing since hes the arcitect of his return and writes the last one shot which leads right into Wolverine #1 in September
    I don`t think so. Rosenberg brought Jean back but Taylor writes RED.

Astonishing Member

With what we know so far, its possible Logan might be more like his weapond x self.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Ever since that infographic Marvel released with Hunt for Wolverine (along with the mystery book on Marvel's July solicitations), We knew that it would probably lead to a big return in a new Wolverine book.

Do you guys have any ideas on what the possible creative team (a Fresh Start?) would be? If not, what would be your dream creative team(s)?
    And about the tone of the book? There's so many things you can do with Logan!
    If I had to pick a creative team, I would go with either Tom Taylor or Ed Brisson. Both have shown an ability to write Logan well. If I had to choose, though, I'd go with Brisson. I think he could bring Wolverine back into the larger Marvel universe. I think that should be the tone of the book, as well. Wolverine hasn't been dead for that long, but a lot has happened since he died. And he always puts himself on the front line of major conflicts. That's what makes him the best there is.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.