Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default About a possible (new) Wolverine ongoing

Ever since that infographic Marvel released with Hunt for Wolverine (along with the mystery book on Marvel's July solicitations), We knew that it would probably lead to a big return in a new Wolverine book.

Do you guys have any ideas on what the possible creative team (a Fresh Start?) would be? If not, what would be your dream creative team(s)?
    And about the tone of the book? There's so many things you can do with Logan!

BANNED

Put Tom Taylor on writing duties with Idk who on art.

Just get TT to write. Dude is great.

As far as tone, I'd have it be X-Forcish, with lighter, high-adventure stuff when guest-stars pop up.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 04-29-2018 at 08:27 AM.

If I have to guess, I think once all hunt mini series are done there gonna be another 4 parts mini serie entitled "Return of Wolverine" with Old Man Logan, Laura and OG Logan as the main protagonists and then once it's done Logan will have a new statu quo and a new solo book.
    As for creative team my dream would be Brubaker/Epting/Phillips or Hickman/Coker and having some spy, crime noir and horror/supernatural stories with Logan but that's just a dream lol.

Realistically, however, I think the next writer is gonna be either Brisson, Duggan or Soule. As for artist either Deodato, Roberson, Cinar, Ferreyra or Marquez.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    If I have to guess, I think once all hunt mini series are done there gonna be another 4 parts mini serie entitled "Return of Wolverine" with Old Man Logan, Laura and OG Logan as the main protagonists and then once it's done Logan will have a new statu quo and a new solo book.
    As for creative team my dream would be Brubaker/Epting/Phillips or Hickman/Coker and having some spy, crime noir and horror/supernatural stories with Logan but that's just a dream lol.

Realistically, however, I think the next writer is gonna be either Brisson, Duggan or Soule. As for artist either Deodato, Roberson, Cinar, Ferreyra or Marquez.
    Fantastic choices! And the tone is exactly what I want.

Also, I think that Donny Cates would be great writing Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banner View Post
    Fantastic choices! And the tone is exactly what I want.

Also, I think that Donny Cates would be great writing Logan.

Hell yeah Donny Cates would be amazing too, but I think he's already writing 4 titles : Venom, Death of the Inhumans, Cosmic Ghost Rider and Redneck (this serie is amazing) so he will have his hands full for the rest of the year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Hell yeah Donny Cates would be amazing too, but I think he's already writing 4 titles : Venom, Death of the Inhumans, Cosmic Ghost Rider and Redneck (this serie is amazing) so he will have his hands full for the rest of the year.
    Well, at least CGR and Death of Inhumans are limited series...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would totally go for the end of the Wolverines with all Wolverine ripp offs are all going to die except for Wolverine and X23.

Then any oncoming with Wolverine, but with a nice supporting cast. He needs a Kitty/Jubilee replacement for sure.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Yeah, most of the rippoffs must go.

Well, we know whoever gets it is second choice. Bendis was offered Wolverine before he moved to DC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, at least CGR and Death of Inhumans are limited series...
    So you're telling me there is a chance !

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I would totally go for the end of the Wolverines with all Wolverine ripp offs are all going to die except for Wolverine and X23.

Then any oncoming with Wolverine, but with a nice supporting cast. He needs a Kitty/Jubilee replacement for sure.
    Yeah, most of the rippoffs must go.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, we know whoever gets it is second choice. Bendis was offered Wolverine before he moved to DC.
    To be honest, Bendis can be hit and miss with Wolverine. Battle Of the Atom, the Secret War mini and the Pulse #9 were some of the worst characterization of Wolverine I've ever read but he also wrote one of my favourite Wolverine story with Ultimate X-Men #41.
    Last edited by Hush; 04-29-2018 at 11:42 AM.

David Walker (W)
    David Marquez (w/ David Lopez on secondary) (A)
    Justin Ponsor (C)
    Elizabeth Torque (CA)

alternatively,

Chris Yost (W)
    Oliver Coipel (A)
    Laura Martin (C)
    Eric Canete (CA)

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im gonna have to vote no on Tom Taylor. I would have said Brisson but the Mariko outcome turned me off. Though id have to see how hed handle real logan before writing him off.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, considering how crappy Bendis' writing has been (and what I've seen from his Superman, it doesn't seem much better), I am happy with actually talented "second choices" lile AL Ewing, Donny Cates, Jim Zub,Chip Zdarsky, Saladin Ahmed, Tom Taylor,...

Actually, from what Ahmed has done with Black Bolt alone, He could write an awesome Wolverine!

Btw, I haven't ready anything by Matthew Rosenberg. Would he fit into a Wolverine book?

BANNED

After that great Iron Fist run, my dream team is Brubaker,Franction&Aja. I bet it would be special.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ed Brisson (w) and Jon Malin (a)