Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Who were the MVPs of AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR? Who came up SHORT?

I thought it would be novel to create a thread regarding the new Avengers: Infinity War movie.

There are about 37 million characters in the movie, but because of its 2.5 hour run time, not everyone could really get a chance to shine.

So, who do you think came off the best in the movie? Who do you think was lacking? And which character would you have liked to have seen more of?

In general, my favorite Marvel characters are Thor, Vision, and Doctor Strange.

All 3 were in the movie, and I was very very pleased as to how both Thor and Doctor Strange were portrayed. Both were powerful, capable, and stole the scenes they were in. Iron Man also got his moments of screen glory as usual.

However, for me, Vision really didn't get a chance to really flex his muscles too much. The whole Wakanda battle sequence took both him and Scarlet Witch off the board so that they could play the tortured lovers. Vision is a real powerhouse, but you wouldn't know it from this movie. I really wanted to see Vision let loose particularly against Thanos, but that moment never really arrived. Thor and Vision double-teaming Thanos could have been yet another epic moment in a movie full of epicness.

As I said in another thread, I'm not happy that Star-Lord messed things up regarding the heroes' attempt to remove the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos. Again, Iron Man should have just severed Thanos' arm off at the elbow, but I digress.

So, for me, the MVPs of the movie were: Thor, Doctor Strange, and Iron Man.

Came up short due to having good screen time, but didn't do much with it: Spider-Man, Vision, Black Panther, Captain America

Needed more screen time: Winter Soldier. He was the focus of 2 previous movies, but his redemption arc was sort of just tacked on here. He had no real impact on the movie, and it might have been better if he sat this one out, so a future movie could develop his story better.

Character took a hit: Star-Lord. Had lots of screen time, but royally screwed things up, and not in a funny, endearing way.

So, how do YOU think the characters were each represented in the movie? Who were your MVPs, and who were the waterboys?

Thanos was the MVP. Followed closely by Tony,Thor, and Gamora

Put a spoiler tag on the title and people can give more detailed reasons why. Even though it should go without saying
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 04-29-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Yeah, this was Thanos' movie. He was the villain protagonist, as everyone's stories revolved around him.

But I agree about Winter Soldier getting shortchanged. He was the first of the snap-death, so building him up more would've made his death more impactful, which would spread to the reception of the other heroes' deaths. Spidey had the best death, but a bit more development would have done the same for Bucky since he starts the ball rolling.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-30-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Yeah, I agree with above. Thanos was the MVP.

But disregarding him, I'd say Thor and Strange. Damm, they were awesome. Spidey was plot relevant than I thought he would be(he came up with the plan to save Strange and take out Maw). Tony was pretty great too(how many can say that they made Thanos bleed?).

Who came out short? That's a harder question. Everyone got to shine(however much you can shine against Thanos), and seeing how insane the cast was, that is no small feat.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah, I agree with above. Thanos was the MVP.

But disregarding him, I'd say Thor and Strange. Damm, they were awesome. Spidey was plot relevant than I thought he would be(he came up with the plan to save Strange and take out Maw). Tony was pretty great too(how many can say that they made Thanos bleed?).

Who came out short? That's a harder question. Everyone got to shine(however much you can shine against Thanos), and seeing how insane the cast was, that is no small feat.
    Cap is the person who had way less to do then I thought. I didnt expect Bucky to have a big role anyway. But action wise everyone got they're moment to shine including Bucky. But as far as scenes that shined for me. STRANGE VS Thanos and Cap and tchalla sprinting out together and then doing some team up work(Cap and Tchalla together like that gave me Goose bumps. All I need is tchalla and Reed doing some science shit together and I can die happy)

I've heard ppl say that there was a Wolverine dig or reference. Wtf are they talking about?

Mighty Member

I'd say Spider gave a terrific showing. His first fight appearance in the park drew a loud cheer from the audience when he stopped an attack cold with his bare hands out of nowhere and he put in a credible showing on Titan. Thor and Strange were awesome. Iron Man put up a tremendous showing against Thanos.

Who came up short? I'd say Quill, but lets face it, did anyone really expect much? I mean lets face it, Thanos isn't going to do a dance-off. Its tough to be down on Vision when it seems the initial assault on him was specifically engineered to counter his abilities and crippled him for the entire fight. Maybe Hulk, for being a coward after his beatdown. Drax was pathetic. It was like Bautista has been instructed to portray dumb 90's Drax, but without the Hulk+ strength, flight, and energy blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I'd say Spider gave a terrific showing. His first fight appearance in the park drew a loud cheer from the audience when he stopped an attack cold with his bare hands out of nowhere and he put in a credible showing on Titan. Thor and Strange were awesome. Iron Man put up a tremendous showing against Thanos.

Who came up short? I'd say Quill, but lets face it, did anyone really expect much? I mean lets face it, Thanos isn't going to do a dance-off. Its tough to be down on Vision when it seems the initial assault on him was specifically engineered to counter his abilities and crippled him for the entire fight. Maybe Hulk, for being a coward after his beatdown. Drax was pathetic. It was like Bautista has been instructed to portray dumb 90's Drax, but without the Hulk+ strength, flight, and energy blasts.
    Drax drew some of the loudest laughs of the movie in my showing. But yea I dont know why they didnt make him stronger. In all honesty I'm not even sure how strong he is. Is he noticeably stronger then gamora? From what we saw in the Guardians movies iono if hes much stronger then cap

Drax is just comedic relief at this point. Did he even get a fight scene in the last Guardians movie?

Star Lord is definitely not one of the MVPs of this story.

Hulk could have been a huge help in the final stand but Thanos mollywhopped him so bad he's to scared to come out
    The J-man

I echo the Winter Soldier sentiment. Instead of his arc being 1,2,3 it feels like 1,2,...4. Such a shame too, because he is one of the best-developed characters in the MCU.

As far as MVP, It has to be Thor and Dr.Strange coming a close second. Thor's brother died, he needs a new hammer, wakes up a dying star and takes a beating from it in doing so, then uses the weapon to make a significant wound in the seemingly untouchable antagonist. Not to mention losing an eye and few hours prior to coming across Thanos.

Doc is a good planner, and comes clutch with his bag of tricks.

Here's the rankings

1. Doctor Strange- lets face it he will ultimately be the reason why the good guys win because he got Thanos to save Tony's life

2. Thanos- unstoppable

3. Thor

4. Tony Stark/Ironman

5. Scarlet Witch

5. Rocket Racoon

6. Gamora

7. Spider-Man

8. Vision

9. Captain America

10. Black Panther

12. Mantis

13. War Machine

14. Black Widow

15. White Wolf

16. Okoye

17. Falcon

18. Groot

19. Shuri

20. M'Baku

21. Heimdall

22. Hulk

23. Wong

24. Nebula

25. Loki
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Really was looking forward to this but...I read the spoilers. Think I'll pass, sadly. Marvel, like the X Men movies, no longer has the same appeal for a jaded old comics fan like me. Always have the Captain A trilogy though!!

Astonishing Member

Thanos was the best writen character of the movie.
    He have just a presence in the scenes he apears that makes him one of the best villains in the movies.As a fan of Thanos in he comics i am happy that this got well replicated from Thanos stories.
    Doctor Strange is second to me.All though he is kind of new as a Sorcerer in the MCU movies,one can easily see the progression the character is having as a Sorcerer Supreme.
    Then is Iron Man,this was just a great movie for Iron Man.The way he goes after Thanos after being in the Ebony Man ship is quite awesome.
    Vision and Scarlet Witch were quite interesting as well.
    Captain America did not apeared in many scenes,but there was a heroic tone in the few scenes he did apeared,especially him holding on his own against Thanos that makes CA another of the best characters of the movies.

About the worst:
    -Hulk.Dunno what to think of Hulk not wanting to apear again after being beaten up by Thanos,but this does not make much sense to me.
    -Black Widow.
    -Falcon.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 04-30-2018 at 03:20 AM.

Ultimate Member

MVPs

Thanos
    Thor
    Dr Strange
    Gamorra

Shortchanged
    Star Lord

Captain America didn't really do much though.

MVP
    Thanos
    Thor

Shortchanged
    Vision
    Black Panther
    Corvus Glaive
    Proxima Midnight

MVPs: Thanos, Iron Man, Thor, Scarlet Witch.

Fell Flat: Starlord, Hulk (note: Bruce Banner really stepped up), Proxima Midnight.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!