Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Irresistibility of Namor

I'm reading Hickman's Fantastic Four.

Just read the passage when Namor acts in bad faith, sets up a trap and cowardly kills Ul-Uhar in the middle of a diplomatic meeting.

How noble of him! How bold! Now I see why Marvel female characters cannot resist such a man.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post

Just read the passage when Namor acts in bad faith, sets up a trap and cowardly kills Ul-Uhar in the middle of a diplomatic meeting.

How noble of him! How bold! Now I see why Marvel female characters cannot resist such a man.
    Ain't limited to just the female characters...
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

What a spooky thing! For a second, I thought I was hacked and someone made a Namor thread using my account.

Well, apparently the mods think that Hickman's F4 should not be discussed in the F4 thread. How can anyone disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ain't limited to just the female characters...
    Yeah, Steve Rogers cannot resist him, too.

Yeah, Steve Rogers cannot resist him, too.
    I can't remember that bit from the Hickman Fantastic Four run...

Joking aside, really enjoyed the run, hope you do too.

The actual entire issues, or just single page and panel posts as you usually do?

Also he spent a lot of his time wearing a pair of Green Scaly Speedos.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

Author of "The Saga of the Déise"

The Namor threads are ironically beginning to remind me of Swimfan.

Astonishing Member

All that pannal needed was the reins of castamere in the back ground

Extraordinary Member

So are anti-appreciation threads about how much we hate some character now a thing?

'Cause there are lots of characters I don't care for very much, but I don't feel a burning need to crap all over their fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So are anti-appreciation threads about how much we hate some character now a thing?

'Cause there are lots of characters I don't care for very much, but I don't feel a burning need to crap all over their fans.
    Why don't you ask the mods? They were the ones who made this thread.

Why don't you ask the mods? They were the ones who made this thread.
    lol, really?

fascinating

Don't disrespect the Sub-Mariner

I think he's got a lot of potential for the MCU once Marvel gets the rights. He can be both hero, villain and anti-hero. He could also be MArvel's first openly bi-hero. Technically Wolverine is the first but the X movies never portrayed him as bi

The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm not disrespecting him. I'm asking why Marvel female characters are so attracted to needless violence.

I think he's got a lot of potential for the MCU once Marvel gets the rights. He can be both hero, villain and anti-hero. He could also be MArvel's first openly bi-hero. Technically Wolverine is the first but the X movies never portrayed him as bi
    He is a villain. If you kill civilians because you have anger issues, you are a villain.

And to be a hero you have to have a villain better than Attuma.

That's a female that he is kissing.

I'm not sure why people crap on Namor so much, the character is rich with history and has tons of interesting qualities, with loads of potential.

- He is Marvel first superhero.

- He is the first hero to ever fly under his own power.

- First Flying Brick type character.

- He is the first Marvel here to openly talk and experience discrimination. (amongst his own people no less)

- First anti-hero and literal bench mark for several other character to come after him. Such as Black Adam, Wolverine, and several others.

- First hero and king union at Marvel.

- Then you have Atlantis and it's rich history.

- The fact that being ruler of 70% of the earth gives him access to logically be placed in almost any earth based story. This alone opened the door for him to be an Avenger, Defender, X-Men, and Invader. But the door doesn't close there he could be on the Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, and almost any other earth based team simply because of this status and his extensive history at Marvel.

And the stuff listed above is only really the tip of the iceberg with Namor.

I don't know seems like there is continual Namor hate from this board and especially the OP and it is getting really old. Namor and T'Challa both seem to get a lot of slack but Namor gets a heck of alot more and it's unjustified.

So I end it with this.....READ SOME ACTUAL NAMOR COMICS. Doing so will open your eyes on the character completely. Ignore the garbage "HEADLINE" comics that have been coming out for the last decade and go seek out some of the older stuff. Trust me doing so will give you a better appreciation of the character.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Here's the counter-argument.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    - He is Marvel first superhero.

- He is the first hero to ever fly under his own power.

- First Flying Brick type character.

- He is the first Marvel here to openly talk and experience discrimination. (amongst his own people no less)

- First anti-hero and literal bench mark for several other character to come after him. Such as Black Adam, Wolverine, and several others.

- First hero and king union at Marvel.

- Then you have Atlantis and it's rich history.

- The fact that being ruler of 70% of the earth gives him access to logically be placed in almost any earth based story. This alone opened the door for him to be an Avenger, Defender, X-Men, and Invader. But the door doesn't close there he could be on the Thunderbolts, Fantastic Four, and almost any other earth based team simply because of this status and his extensive history at Marvel.
    All of it, and I mean all of it, is irrelevant when 99% of the stories with the character in it can be described as "a woman with an heroic partner has doubts about her relationship because she is infatuated with this villains' violent behavior".

This is NOT a good premise for a story, in fact, no good story was ever written with this premise. Prove me wrong if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    So I end it with this.....READ SOME ACTUAL NAMOR COMICS. Doing so will open your eyes on the character completely. Ignore the garbage "HEADLINE" comics that have been coming out for the last decade and go seek out some of the older stuff. Trust me doing so will give you a better appreciation of the character.
    Where you even born the last time Namor led an ongoing?