Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Technically, a What If story was akin to DC's Imaginary Tales. Later on, the crew that writes the Marvel Handbooks decided that these stories were alternate universes and following the Captain Britain example in the British comics, they gave them numbers.

If you want to look at the early days as Susan having an interest in Namor, that's OK. But she made up her mind, became engaged to Reed and they married in FF annual #2. Stan and Jack bring in Lady Dorma around this time in FF too so that Namor has his original love interest back from the Golden Age. Now those issues were a loooong time ago and it is fun to go back and read them. Sue's history as team member wife and mother should not be defined by something that only represents a small piece of that history.
    Well then even if we ignore the second story, Sue saying she has never been linked to Namor romantically when she wavering between him and Reed before her marriage is getting pretty close to perjury in that court room. She might try to quality her type of romantic interest in him as mere infatuation, but to dismiss it as entirely false seems a stretch.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post

Back to Robinson's pages, Sue was never romantically involved with Namor: not seriously before the marriage, never after - in Conway's story as you saw Namor and Medusa were planning the reconciliation of Sue and Reed. And the two kisses they had later were friendly : one in Byrne's run in front of Martina, the other in the 90s while she was a widow. But hey : in some cultures people use to kiss their friends on the lips!

That is NOT a 'friendly kiss'. If I kissed a woman that way and tried to explain to my wife it was friendly, I would be doing it from traction in a hospital bed LOL

So I think she can legitimately dismiss the gossips of the tabloids. And when I say legitimately I mean that she's not playing with words (it's not a Bill Clinton thing : I never...). There was romance but no engagement. (I hope that my English is not failing me right now : my president just said ofvthe wife of Australian PM that she was "delicious" - some words while looking the same has a different meaning in my language and the one used here...)
    Love your president dude. Yeah, our first lady is awesome. But there is a difference between saying she is delicious and actually licking her.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Well then even if we ignore the second story, Sue saying she has never been linked to Namor romantically when she wavering between him and Reed before her marriage is getting pretty close to perjury in that court room. She might try to quality her type of romantic interest in him as mere infatuation, but to dismiss it as entirely false seems a stretch.
    Romantically involved would mean that they were in a relationship, something that has never happened. All she was doing was deciding whether she wanted to stay with Reed or leave him to date Namor, that's not being romantically involved. Thinking about whether you should date someone does not equal romantic involvement. Sue didn't lie.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

That is NOT a 'friendly kiss'. If I kissed a woman that way and tried to explain to my wife it was friendly, I would be doing it from traction in a hospital bed LOL

Love your president dude. Yeah, our first lady is awesome. But there is a difference between saying she is delicious and actually licking her.
    It's not a friendly kiss in Australia? It is in France! Be glad that Macron didn't act like we use to do! I'm kidding: we're not like that.

In story it was friendly... Byrne is writing... That's it...

(Btw French "délicieux" means both "delicious" and "delightful"... another word we gave to English people when the Normans invaded them.. And what we call false friends - faux amis. I fear that a lot can be found in my posts, along with a lot of ugly grammar mistakes...)
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I love this thread lol. Even more hilarious that mods had to make it into its own thread because another thread became so off topic. Ha.

The questioning of women's gravitation towards Namor despite his many flaws brought up by those who seem weirdly obsessed with him answers its own question, I feel.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

"Females cannot help but get infatuated with violent pushy men" is a toxic message that sounds like something out of Red Pill culture.

Honestly, when a teenager changes her entire personality and becomes Lolita as soon as she interacts with Namor, there's obviously something fishy going on.

Marvel has a lot to learn regarding female representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    I love this thread lol. Even more hilarious that mods had to make it into its own thread because another thread became so off topic. Ha.

The questioning of women's gravitation towards Namor despite his many flaws brought up by those who seem weirdly obsessed with him answers its own question, I feel.
    That's what I said more less. Thread reeks of insecurities. Namor a very complex character there is little to no reason why his love life should not follow suit.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Namor a very complex character there is little to no reason why his love life should not follow suit.
    I'll bite: what exactly is complex about "all women can't help but love him even if he tries to kill their loved ones"?

It sounds pretty simple to me. So simple that all women that interacts with him end up as simpletons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    I'll bite: what exactly is complex about "all women can't help but love him even if he tries to kill their loved ones"?

It sounds pretty simple to me. So simple that all women that interacts with him end up as simpletons.
    If you actually read the comics you would know that not every one falls for him. You would also know that when in an actual relationship Namor is the type of man who would move heaven and earth for the woman he loves. The character is all about passion.

When he is interested in a woman he makes it known and pursues.

When he names a person a friend, regardless if they get along, he will not only be the first to defend you he will fight for you tooth and nail. (see the Hulk and even Reed Richards himself.)

When his people are attacked, he retaliates by placing himself in harms way while trying to cripple the attacker in away that they would never dare to attack them again.

All of those things shows passion and not only that it represents and honesty, loyalty, and genuineness, most people are either to weak or scared to ever exhibit. That alone makes him a complex character.

If you really do an in depth study of him you would see a boy who grew up being made fun of because he was not blue and because he grew "freakish" wings on his ankles and how he managed to still grow to be as confident as he is. While still today being untrusted by his people because he isn't blue and is a mutant, no confidence lost. A untrust that stays with him as an adult. But Namor still chooses to save them, lead them, and care for them.

You would also see a guy who is has literally been isolated from the world while in the mist of the world for years and yet he still chooses to defend it when it needs him.

To add to that the guy literally commands most rooms that he is written in (As in he talks people listen) the least before the last couple of years where a few hack writers got there hands on him.

Namor has very many layers that most characters lack. It's just a shame that most of the "modern" comics/writers have placed him in this box because they are to lazy to do real research or push some modern agenda on todays readers.

#Rantfinished
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-02-2018 at 08:27 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Well this and the other two threads are uh.. interesting to read

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Well this and the other two threads are uh.. interesting to read
    Why the mods keep allowing him to make them is beyond me.

I'm sure if other characters where constantly dragged in the same discussions the mods would have at least merged the multiple threads if not lock them down.

I'm thinking along the lines of She-Hulk who has openly slept with multiple supers, including villains. T'Challa possibly with holding the cure for cancer from Lady Thor. Or something else along those lines. Thread would have been locked down ages ago and any thread that came after would be too.

Either way Marvel characters are not perfect it's the reason why we are fans of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    That's what I said more less. Thread reeks of insecurities. Namor a very complex character there is little to no reason why his love life should not follow suit.
    It's bizarre, isn't it? lol

I don't even feel like entertaining it because I feel the true motivation is really transparent.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    It's bizarre, isn't it? lol

I don't even feel like entertaining it because I feel the true motivation is really transparent.
    No joke it's why I have been relatively silent. You can clearly tell what this thread and the multiple others is really all about. (Think a thing that hides under a bridge for those that are slow to the uptake)

However, the most interesting things about this thread as to why I keep poking my head in is to see....

1. Will there be a comment that actually gets the thread shut down in-spite of the clear intent.
    2. What will that comment be to get the thread shut down.
    3. The lack of fan support the character has compared to other rulers like T'Challa or Doom
    4. The Psychology behind a persons obsession and the terms someone will go to for self-satisfaction.

Overall, while annoying to see the misinformation the above things are quiet interesting.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 05-02-2018 at 08:43 PM.

BANNED

What is this thread all about, in your opinion?

Why should the mods punish me for a thread created by them?

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    "Females cannot help but get infatuated with violent pushy men" is a toxic message that sounds like something out of Red Pill culture.

Honestly, when a teenager changes her entire personality and becomes Lolita as soon as she interacts with Namor, there's obviously something fishy going on.

Marvel has a lot to learn regarding female representation.
    Greg Land has a lot to learn too... And thanks for those pages - this one and the one with Emma - I didn't understand in a recent thread about him why a poster was talking about teeth fetish. Lol.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !