Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Green Lantern John Stewart Appreciation Thread

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night.
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight.

Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
    Beware My Power!
    Green Lantern's Light!!!"

Such a great and compelling character. I got my brother into reading Green Lantern comics and as soon as he read John Stewart that was HIS lantern. Instantly became one of his all time favorites.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Such a great and compelling character. I got my brother into reading Green Lantern comics and as soon as he read John Stewart that was HIS lantern. Instantly became one of his all time favorites.
    Agreed. He's MY Green Lantern.

He's MY Green Lantern, too. Always will be. He's a really deep, nuanced character. I've loved the character since seeing him in Justice League. His romance with Hawkgirl is my favorite super hero romance, by far. I'd love to see it brought over to the comics. As for some imagery, I love this Bernard Chang/Marcelo Maiolo art:

All-New Member

Me hate John Stewart so much. Me never look forward to GLC every month, because it so bad. Me also not from Detroit, so me feel no kinship whatsoever as a result

The JL cartoon with John Stewart was awesome. He was the sole reason why I got into comics and been a huge Green Lantern fan thanks to his exposure to the cartoon.

I wonder what kind of of big plans Jensen has for John Stewart. Can't wait for the Uprising crossover.

Seriously? Why you have to hate?? All of them are great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    He's MY Green Lantern, too. Always will be. He's a really deep, nuanced character. I've loved the character since seeing him in Justice League. His romance with Hawkgirl is my favorite super hero romance, by far. I'd love to see it brought over to the comics. As for some imagery, I love this Bernard Chang/Marcelo Maiolo art:

Agreed. That artwork is just gorgeous. The colours really makes it pop.

Which title is John appearing in these days? And is he awesome in it?
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-03-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Agreed. That artwork is just gorgeous. The colours really makes it pop.

Green Lantern Corps from #21 on. Highly recommended for any John Stewart fan!

An image by John Stewart's creator, and my favorite comic artist - Neal Adams:

desh what book is this from would like to get it the art is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    desh what book is this from would like to get it the art is awesome
    Which book are you referring to?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He is now the only main character of the "Green Lantern Corps" title. (Before #21, it was a Guy/John buddy cop title, but after Guy becomes the star of the Red Lanterns title, the Corps writers started to focus on John.) And yeah, pretty awesome.

I'm sorry that he's not going to be on the Daily Show anymore. And it's Jon, not John.

Sandy Hausler

I read that Convergence GLC issue today, and yeah, it's pretty... meh. It's a pretty meh-ish story on its own (though there are a few interesting things in there about Guy's mental state), but if you're looking for John Stewart, there isn't much to be found and what's there isn't very desirable.

Not going to lie never have & probably never will care for/like/be interested in Arisia, would prefer they didn't date & can think of atlest 10-15 characters I'd like to John date other then her..