Page 139 of 568 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 8518

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm with Desh on this one. I can see Arisia be John's love interest. In this cover, you can notice her maturity Having John be in a relationship with another Green Lantern will be a good thing, since we can possibly see more sides of John that we haven't before.
    I can see it, too. I love their interactions during "Godhead." She looks great on the latest cover, and there's a big part of me that's hoping it happens. Arisia's a really fun character to me.

BANNED

Today's Convergence: Green Lantern Corps sucks. Not only does it NOT depict how John was during the era it's based on, it also reiterates the fact that anytime John shares a title with another human Green Lantern he will be shoved in the background. I guess that should be made apparent by the cover. SMH.

I really dislike it when the writers make John overly rigid, rude, and mopey to the point where he's not even in character. I also dislike it when they disregard his dynamics with other characters. Gosh, John does NOT back down from his duty. And he likes being a Green Lantern.

So dumb. This issue is straight out of the Johns/Tomasi era of Green Lantern titles.
    Last edited by Captain13; 04-22-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Today's Convergence: Greeb Lantern Corps sucks. Not only does it NOT depict how John was during the era it's based on, it also reiterates the fact that anytime John shares a title with another human Green Lantern he will be shoved in the background. I guess that should be made apparent by the cover. SMH.

I really dislike it when the writers make John overly rigid, rude, and mopey to the point where he's not even in character. I also dislike it when they disregard his dynamics with other characters. Gosh, John does NOT back down from his duty. And he likes being a Green Lantern.

So dumb. This issue is straight out of the Johns/Tomasi era of Green Lantern titles.
    I totally forgot about it. I'll go pick up the digital now. Sounds disappointing, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    I totally forgot about it. I'll go pick up the digital now. Sounds disappointing, though.
    It should be called Convergence: Warrior, but that wouldn't sell.

BANNED

Evan Shaner has been working on a Justice League piece, and he's released bits of it on Twitter and Tumblr.

Hopefully he finishes the piece soon.

I'm sorry that he's not going to be on the Daily Show anymore. And it's Jon, not John.

Sandy Hausler

I read that Convergence GLC issue today, and yeah, it's pretty... meh. It's a pretty meh-ish story on its own (though there are a few interesting things in there about Guy's mental state), but if you're looking for John Stewart, there isn't much to be found and what's there isn't very desirable.

Not going to lie never have & probably never will care for/like/be interested in Arisia, would prefer they didn't date & can think of atlest 10-15 characters I'd like to John date other then her..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Not going to lie never have & probably never will care for/like/be interested in Arisia, would prefer they didn't date & can think of atlest 10-15 characters I'd like to John date other then her..
    Yeah, she's never been an interesting character to me either outside of her former obsessive tendencies.

BANNED

So Common has been cast in an unknown role in Suicide Squad. Could he possibly be John Stewart before he becomes a GL? John was a marine before he was a GL, so I can see them doing something with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    So Common has been cast in an unknown role in Suicide Squad. Could he possibly be John Stewart before he becomes a GL? John was a marine before he was a GL, so I can see them doing something with that.
    he'll probably be black spider instead

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I'm hoping that isn't the case. He doesn't strike me as a good match for John, visually. For all the misgivings people have about Tyrese, he, at least, looks like a good John Stewart to me.

I guess it's the whole beard thing. I was just never into John with facial hair (or at least that much), for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Desh; 04-22-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    I'm hoping that isn't the case. He doesn't strike me as a good match for John, visually. For all the misgivings people have about Tyrese, he, at least, looks like a good John Stewart to me.

I guess it's the whole beard thing. I was just never into John with facial hair (or at least that much), for whatever reason.
    while I agree common should not be John Stewart I think it would be cool to see John with some facial hair similar to the future ends version of him or Injustice game version for a while..

BANNED

There's no way we'll know who he's playing until an announcement is made. On the one hand, Scott Eastwood is rumored to be playing Steve Trevor, and the movie is supposed to have cameos from Batman and Lex Luthor, so John appearing is also a possibility. On the other hand, Black Spider and Black Manta have also been associated with the Suicide Squad.

I don't care about facial hair if the actor can pull it off. I prefer comics-John to be clean-shaven. But none of that matters. What matters is the answer to the question, "Can I see this actor carrying a movie in which he has to chat with guys like Kilowog?" I haven't gotten that impression from Common--that he can carry an international, multi-million dollar film set in space surrounded by a cast of aliens.

I'm starting to think we'll get a little known actor or a total unknown--someone the studios can convince the investors to place their bets on. I just want the actor picked to be talented, good-looking, and a good fit for John.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    There's no way we'll know who he's playing until an announcement is made. On the one hand, Scott Eastwood is rumored to be playing Steve Trevor, and the movie is supposed to have cameos from Batman and Lex Luthor, so John appearing is also a possibility. On the other hand, Black Spider and Black Manta have also been associated with the Suicide Squad.

I don't care about facial hair if the actor can pull it off. I prefer comics-John to be clean-shaven. But none of that matters. What matters is the answer to the question, "Can I see this actor carrying a movie in which he has to chat with guys like Kilowog?" I haven't gotten that impression from Common--that he can carry an international, multi-million dollar film set in space surrounded by a cast of aliens.

I'm starting to think we'll get a little known actor or a total unknown--someone the studios can convince the investors to place their bets on. I just want the actor picked to be talented, good-looking, and a good fit for John.
    I agree, Idris Elba or Aldis*Hodge are my picks