Page 68 of 568 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 8518
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desh:
    Yeah, there has been. It seems Jones is just doing some thing where he interviews comic creators, or something like that.

Speaking of Van Jensen, here's a review I wrote for the latest GLC issue: http://greenlantern.co/review/green-...orps-35-review
    Gr8 & insytful revws as always Desh & we/SZ agree with it, thnx 4 sharing.

Gosh, everytym we/SZ go 2 dat websyt we/SZ always get so plzd dat GL-JS has his won fansite...grand applause 2 u Desh.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Gr8 & insytful revws as always Desh & we/SZ agree with it, thnx 4 sharing.

Gosh, everytym we/SZ go 2 dat websyt we/SZ always get so plzd dat GL-JS has his won fansite...grand applause 2 u Desh.
    Thank you! I appreciate the kind comments. I'm glad that a lot of people like it. It seems to really connect with a group of people that didn't really feel at home or represented at other websites. We John Stewart fans needed our own stuff. I think we often have a different perspective on Green Lantern and comics and it deserves to be known.

Looks like John Stewart will be returning in the Smallville series:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...8/1100-150107/
    I have no idea how big his role will be. Just giving a heads up for those who are interested. I might check it out. I liked Smallville from what I read of the "Lantern" arc.

Mighty Member

John is too cool and too smooth. I hope he's the GL of the new GL movie

Last edited by Beantownbrown; 10-16-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I must say, WB is pretty funny about being coy in regards to which GL will be used for their films.

The sooner they reveal which GL to use, the sooner fans of the chosen GL and cheer, and the other fans can move on.

Regardless of who they use, I hope the character is given his just due.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 10-17-2014 at 07:19 AM.

I'm confident that we'll see John Stewart on the big screen. The demand for him is just too great and can't be ignored, and it makes too much sense to have him. Whether we see Hal Jordan, too, I'm not sure. WB may try incorporating both Green Lanterns in some way. If that happens, it may appease some people, but I'd prefer to just have John. He deserves to take in all the shine, if you ask me, especially since Hal Jordan already had his chance. Despite that, I can see certain people really pushing for Hal Jordan to at least not be completely overwritten, like how he more or less was in Timm's cartoons, claiming that overwriting him would be "a disservice to the source material," and some such, even though only about .5% of people care about that. And really, using John Stewart wouldn't be a disservice to anything. Some people act as though he's not Green Lantern at all, despite him being in the comics for 40+ years, and a recognized Green Lantern from television.

But I think it is really telling that Hal Jordan was taken out of the League in the comics so early on, which was after his film tanked.

Awesome variant cover for Green Lantern Corps #38.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Awesome variant cover for Green Lantern Corps #38.

I love this cover!

Isn't that variant cover the same cover for the Silver Age Green Lantern? It looks awesome! I'm sure the new story arc is going to be about the Shadow Empire.

Also looks like Forbes.com believes John Stewart is likely going to be Green Lantern in the upcoming film. It's shocking that so many people believes John is going to make it to the big screen. You guys should read it. There's interesting thoughts in that article.

And then there's the comments section at the end of this IGN article. The demand for John Stewart is heavy over there:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...+%28IGN+All%29

Isn't that variant cover the same cover for the Silver Age Green Lantern?
    You're thinking of this cover, I assume.

As we can see, they're not the same. The variant is a tribute to the original 1971 cover.

I would love to see WB make the next GL movie a buddy cop space flick. Have Hal and John team up to stop Sinestro and Fatality.

GL's are space cops. Cops have partners on patrol sometimes.

Yea that's the cover that I was referring to.

Hopefully new info on the solicits gets released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Hopefully new info on the solicits gets released soon.
    Yeah. I'm eager to get some idea of what the status quo will be after "Godhead." I think there will be a big change for Kyle Rayner. Not sure what it will be, though. I don't think he'll be put back to being a Green Lantern, because it seems like part of the reason for making him a White one was to give him another hero identity so that the Green Lantern one won't be so over saturated. I'm not even sure if he'll survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Yeah. I'm eager to get some idea of what the status quo will be after "Godhead." I think there will be a big change for Kyle Rayner. Not sure what it will be, though. I don't think he'll be put back to being a Green Lantern, because it seems like part of the reason for making him a White one was to give him another hero identity so that the Green Lantern one won't be so over saturated. I'm not even sure if he'll survive.
    Robert Venditti said there's going to be big changes after the Godhead event for the Earth Lanterns. The Godhead event is really Lights Out! Part 2 to be honest. I do think Kyle is the character to worry most about, since he was the key for replenishing the reservoir and he's going to be a key character to this event as well. He currently has the life-equation, his power is unstable, went beyond the source wall, and knows too much. He just has too much on his hands, which is worrisome. If he doesn't die, it came across my mind that he may quit his career for some reason and live a normal life (although it's farfetched).
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 10-17-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    If he doesn't die, it came across my mind that he may quit his career for some reason and live a normal life (although it's farfetched).
    One would have to wonder what would happen to the New Guardians title if that were to happen. Last I saw, its numbers weren't spectacular, and it is the lowest selling title in the GL line, though Red Lanterns isn't very far ahead of it. They may decide to prune New Guardians and Red Lanterns when Soule leaves the Red Lanterns title. I really don't think the Green Lantern franchise can comfortably sustain such a large number of titles. At least not without the aid of events, and they really need to back off the events and let the books tell their own stories. It's for the greater good.