Page 232 of 568 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 8518
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    I'd be all over it. Isn't an "Earth" overdue for GL anyhoo?
    Yeah, but I don't think DC will go forward with one until their film plans are more settled. Wonder Woman and Aquaman should be getting Earth One books next year to tie into their 75th anniversaries.

In case you guys are wondering, John Stewart will be celebrating his 45th anniversary at the end of this new year. He'll be 50 at the end of 2021!

BANNED

Also, I'd like to update something I posted before on John Stewart being the first black character at DC to assume a super-heroic identity.

John Stewart was introduced as a Green Lantern in Green Lantern #87 (December 1971/January 1972). Mal Duncan debuted in Teen Titans #26 (March–April 1970) but did not have any powers, devices or costume until Teen Titans #44 (November 1976), so I think John edges him out. Vykin first appeared in Forever People #1 (February/March 1971), but he uses his birth name and operates as part of a trans-dimensional space opera, so I don't really consider him a superhero in the traditional sense. I can understand people feeling otherwise though. Let me know how you'd come out on these distinctions!

Legion of Super-Heroes member Tyroc was introduced in Superboy #216 (April 1976). Black Lightning debuted in Black Lightning #1 (April 1977). And Vixen debuted in Action Comics #521 (July 1981).

For further comparison, Marvel's Black Panther debuted in Fantastic Four #52 (July 1966), and Marvel's Storm was introduced in Giant-Size X-Men #1 (May 1975).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Yeah, but I don't think DC will go forward with one until their film plans are more settled. Wonder Woman and Aquaman should be getting Earth One books next year to tie into their 75th anniversaries.

In case you guys are wondering, John Stewart will be celebrating his 45th anniversary at the end of this new year. He'll be 50 at the end of 2021!
    If there's anything I have to force myself not to think about, it's that upcoming GLC movie, especially if it's going to feature John. I get really anxious and excited, but then bummed because it's going to seem like forever until 2020!

That said, I'm one of the lonely few who really like the GL live action. No it wasn't Spider-Man II, Iron Man, Dark Knight Rises, Thor 2, Winter Soldier, or Man of Steel. But it had the edge on so many others besides. Just my opinion.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

If there's anything I have to force myself not to think about, it's that upcoming GLC movie, especially if it's going to feature John. I get really anxious and excited, but then bummed because it's going to seem like forever until 2020!

That said, I'm one of the lonely few who really like the GL live action. No it wasn't Spider-Man II, Iron Man, Dark Knight Rises, Thor 2, Winter Soldier, or Man of Steel. But it had the edge on so many others besides. Just my opinion.
    I didn't love it but also didn't think it was as utterly bad as people made it out to be. There were some nice touches in it. A few changes would have made that movie pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Wonder Woman's Earth One is actually coming out in April.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    Wonder Woman's Earth One is actually coming out in April.
    Yeah, I'm still operating as though it were 2015 :P

Super art, really looking forward to EoO. I just received and am ten pages into the "Fearsome" TPB and WOW this is terrific reading! As a newcomer to GL, I'm super thrilled to read these things for the first time.

As for the 4 year + wait for GLC...gives me a chance not to drink too much and beat people up.
    Same here. Ethan Van Sciver is really getting me hyped! I remembered reading Fearsome storyline. Martian Manhunter making an guess appearance was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That is some pretty nice artwork. John looks very powerful here.
    EVS is definitely a GL fan favorite. Imagine if he's doing an GLC ongoing series with John being the central star of the series. John looks like a real central character and leader. Hopefully, he still becomes competent and makes a powerful impact in a positive way that other writers can pick up and go from there.

Here's the comic issues from EVS' twitter, showing off both Ivan Reis variant and his cover:

Which would you guys choose? The regular cover by EVS or Ivan Reis' cover?

I also noticed that Simon Baz is missing on the regular cover. Has anyone also noticed that Hannu finally made an appearance in the preview?

Here's another EoO 'work in progress':

Edge of Oblivion seems like it's going to be epic!
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 01-07-2016 at 03:15 PM.

Seriously? Why you have to hate?? All of them are great!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Same here. Ethan Van Sciver is really getting me hyped! I remembered reading Fearsome storyline. Martian Manhunter making an guess appearance was pretty cool.

EVS is definitely a GL fan favorite. Imagine if he's doing an GLC ongoing series with John being the central star of the series. John looks like a real central character and leader. Hopefully, he still becomes competent and makes a powerful impact in a positive way that other writers can pick up and go from there.

Here's the comic issues from EVS' twitter, showing off both Ivan Reis variant and his cover:

Which would you guys choose? The regular cover by EVS or Ivan Reis' cover?

I also noticed that Simon Baz is missing on the regular cover. Has anyone also noticed that Hannu finally made an appearance in the preview?

Here's another EoO 'work in progress':

Edge of Oblivion seems like it's going to be epic!
    Eeeek! All you did is make me want BOTH covers, they're equally killer. Love both Sciver and Reis. Thanks a lot, now I have to hunt down the variant as well. This is going to be killer, but they REALLY need to bring back the regular Corps subscription title, this mini series thing is silly. Why can't they just make this part of the "old" title? Anybody else think that's pretty strange?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Wait Katma is coming back?
    I wish.

If she is used in the GLC film, perhaps DC will bring her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I wish.

If she is used in the GLC film, perhaps DC will bring her back.
    I hope so too. She was amazing and it really pissed me off when she got killed off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I hope so too. She was amazing and it really pissed me off when she got killed off.
    You are not alone, she'd be killer in the film and/or comic.

Extraordinary Member

They keep trying to pair John up with other Earth GL's. His true partner is Kat.

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Usually lurk just wanted to say that I've always been a fan of John Stewart. I'm hoping one of these days DC will realize how underutilized and restricted a lot of there characters are (especially the minorities). Would be great to see Katma brought back at some point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by StaticShock99 View Post
    Usually lurk just wanted to say that I've always been a fan of John Stewart. I'm hoping one of these days DC will realize how underutilized and restricted a lot of there characters are (especially the minorities). Would be great to see Katma brought back at some point.
    This post is winning!