Page 376 of 568 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426476 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 8518
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    How many John fans have actually said he should be the #1 Lantern above the others?
    How about when they complained when it looked like the upcoming Green Lantern movie would feature both Hal and John? How they said it wouldn't be good enough and John should be the solely featured Lantern (Supposedly because he fares poorly in team ups with Hal) and the one to appear in the Justice League movies? Ring a bell?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Same here. I would LOVE to see John on the JLA or even better, have his own book.
    I would love to see John in the JLA. John being added to the roster in the JLA isn't really far-fetched, since he's being featured as a leaguer in different new projects . But at the same time he's a regular in the Corps book and I don't know whether DC would allow that to happen due to their timeline. Obviously, I would rather him to be in the JLA than the current DC book he's in at the moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    How about when they complained when it looked like the upcoming Green Lantern movie would feature both Hal and John? How they said it wouldn't be good enough and John should be the solely featured Lantern (Supposedly because he fares poorly in team ups with Hal) and the one to appear in the Justice League movies? Ring a bell?
    Because we had years of John supposedly sharing Green Lantern with Hal under Geoff Johns and it was BS. Plus you know Hal had his chance and failed on every level.

The only thing I look forward to with John is JL/U reruns and the covers. Not the actual issue just the solicitations cover.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Because we had years of John supposedly sharing Green Lantern with Hal under Geoff Johns and it was BS. Plus you know Hal had his chance and failed on every level.

The only thing I look forward to with John is JL/U reruns and the covers. Not the actual issue just the solicitations cover.
    This doesn't prove that person wrong. It was previously asked when John fans have insisted on him being the guy on top, which seems to be brought up quite often and it's fine if he is, but why must other characters be always vilified and demonized in the process? I'd think people would get tired of putting the blame on a fictional character for the way he was treated, which never made sense. Doctor Doom was in 3 failed movies, should Marvel never entertain the idea of using him as a prominent villain again.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-16-2016 at 04:19 AM.

BANNED

I don't blame Hal. I blame Geoff Jones and I never made any bones about it.

I am not sure how Dr. Doom is relevant. He is always bastardized in those movies and MCU has a proven track record that Fox Lacks

It's relevant because Doom is Marvel's greatest villain, that was butchered multiple times in movies. Nobody says Marvel should never use him again. Geoff Johns being head of the movie division can mean good things for the GL brand. Regardless of what people think of him, it's a fact that he loves the GL property and him being there can at least guarantee us the movie would actually happen and not turn out like Inhumans.

BANNED

It means good things for Hal Fans and Geoff's pets in Baz and especially Cruz. It doesn't mean a single good thing for John Stewart. Johns hasn't done anything good for Stewart in a Decade.

My point is Marvel as constructed under Feige has never taken a swing at Dr. Doom. Geoff on the other hand had some degree of influence over the GL Flop of a movie. Feige on the other hand had nothing to do with the latest F4 travesty.

I disagree, they won't have DC's first black superhero make his debut in their cinematic universe and have him play second fiddle, I think both Johns and DC/WB are smart enough to avoid that, especially post-Black Panther. Hal can have his story and rivalry with Sinestro in the movie, doesn't mean Stewart would be a peripheral character. And I truly doubt they would rush to bring in Baz or Cruz, you need the established guys first.

Johns was a consultant on GL since it used his run as inspiration, to my knowledge he didn't have actual say in the script. Fair enough about Feige I guess, but the character of Doom was still featured in flopped movies, which should supposedly give him negative stigma as well.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Guys, enough! No more John-Hal BS.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Guys, when I say enough, that means right at that point. It doesn't mean when you're good and ready. Unless you would like a little time off here, please heed my warning.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

John Stewart as the choice of GL seems weird for the crossover but at this rate I'll take anything.

Oh and hey John Stewart and Cyborg on the same team!! Hope they have meaningful interaction.

That's what I'm curious about as well. But they would probably have each JL member interact with a respective Power Ranger much more than interacting with each other.

Incredible Member

Great John Stewart article, focuses on a bit of his history and Mosaic...that really looked like a trippy series.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/that-time-dc-...ium=socialflow

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    Great John Stewart article, focuses on a bit of his history and Mosaic...that really looked like a trippy series.

I really liked that article. He covered one of the best issues of Mosaic and gave a good insight into John Stewart in and out of the text. Also thought it was cool that the author got to meet De La Soul, one of the best hip-hop groups ever. Someday I'll reread Mosaic and probably cover its themes and my thoughts on them issue by issue. Someday...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post

What a great article. I love the comments, too!