Page 1 of 568 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Default Green Lantern John Stewart Appreciation Thread

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night.
    No Evil Shall Escape My Sight.

Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
    Beware My Power!
    Green Lantern's Light!!!"

Such a great and compelling character. I got my brother into reading Green Lantern comics and as soon as he read John Stewart that was HIS lantern. Instantly became one of his all time favorites.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Such a great and compelling character. I got my brother into reading Green Lantern comics and as soon as he read John Stewart that was HIS lantern. Instantly became one of his all time favorites.
    Agreed. He's MY Green Lantern.

He's MY Green Lantern, too. Always will be. He's a really deep, nuanced character. I've loved the character since seeing him in Justice League. His romance with Hawkgirl is my favorite super hero romance, by far. I'd love to see it brought over to the comics. As for some imagery, I love this Bernard Chang/Marcelo Maiolo art:

All-New Member

Me hate John Stewart so much. Me never look forward to GLC every month, because it so bad. Me also not from Detroit, so me feel no kinship whatsoever as a result

The JL cartoon with John Stewart was awesome. He was the sole reason why I got into comics and been a huge Green Lantern fan thanks to his exposure to the cartoon.

I wonder what kind of of big plans Jensen has for John Stewart. Can't wait for the Uprising crossover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    He's MY Green Lantern, too. Always will be. He's a really deep, nuanced character. I've loved the character since seeing him in Justice League. His romance with Hawkgirl is my favorite super hero romance, by far. I'd love to see it brought over to the comics. As for some imagery, I love this Bernard Chang/Marcelo Maiolo art:

Agreed. That artwork is just gorgeous. The colours really makes it pop.

Which title is John appearing in these days? And is he awesome in it?
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-03-2014 at 02:56 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He is now the only main character of the "Green Lantern Corps" title. (Before #21, it was a Guy/John buddy cop title, but after Guy becomes the star of the Red Lanterns title, the Corps writers started to focus on John.) And yeah, pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Agreed. That artwork is just gorgeous. The colours really makes it pop.

Green Lantern Corps from #21 on. Highly recommended for any John Stewart fan!

An image by John Stewart's creator, and my favorite comic artist - Neal Adams:

Thats an amazing picture.

I'd like to second a lot of the comments here: John is my GL as well. He absolutely shined in JL/JLU and became one of my favourite characters near instantly. I absolutely loved his interactions with Flash, Supergirl and Hawkgirl (even before the romance) the most.
    Pulling: Spider-Gwen, All New Captain America, Ms Marvel, Secret Six, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Grayson, Batman, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, A-Force, Cyborg, Starfire

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

John Stewart is a boss.

What are some of your favorite JS moments? I'll put up a few scans in about a day or two.

I love John Hawkgirl together. Dc was dumb not to put them together when the show was on. So what she was with Hawkman. She works better with john .

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    John Stewart is a boss.

What are some of your favorite JS moments? I'll put up a few scans in about a day or two.
    Hmm. His battle with Despero on the JL episode "Hearts and Minds" comes to mind. I also liked when The Flash showed him the Flash Mobile:

I love the dynamic and friendship between him and Wally.

I also really like Green Lantern: Mosaic #5, in which John Stewart defeated Hal Jordan, and Hal's love interest chose John over Hal. Here's a photo of that scene:

Speaking of that scene, here's another picture that's become an instant classic for me:

There are plenty of other moments. I'll mention some later.

Thank you. I will check it out. I heard good things about the title but was not sure where to pick it up from.

Man, if you hadn't pointed out that this was by Neal Adams, I wouldn't have recognized it at all or even noticed the similarities to his artwork in Batman Odyssey. His art has really changed.