Page 378 of 568 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 8518

EVS worked his ass off in this issue. So many characters on almost every page, plus a kickass two page spread. To me this book arguably has the best art team in Rebirth. Rafa Sandoval took some getting used to at first, now I find his art to be awesome.

BANNED

I never had a problem with the art. That is about the only positive to my mind.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I never had a problem with the art. That is about the only positive to my mind.
    That bad, huh?

Me, I'm done with Green Lantern. If it weren't for friends I wouldn't be reading DC right now.

Incredible Member

John Stewart seems to be a minor part of Justice League Dark.

Not sure if I should be happy or not..

He is featured in an animated movie, why should you not be happy. A John Stewart cameo is better than no John Stewart at all. I can briefly see Cyborg in the trailer, so Stewart obviously isn't in the movie for diversity reasons, which is great. He is the current GLC leader. he is in that DC Legends mobile game, he will be in the Power Rangers crossover, I'm pretty sure he will eventually show up in the JL: Action show and I think there's a fair chance he might turn out to be the representative Green Lantern in Injustice 2. His current status seems to be better than it has been in recent memory, so as far as I'm concerned, yeah, you should be happy about the guy.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-15-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    John Stewart seems to be a minor part of Justice League Dark.

Not sure if I should be happy or not..
    James Tucker already mentioned that the main focus is going to be on JL Dark, rather than the core JL team. But this doesn't mean that John Stewart is going to make some cameo appearance. When you look at the trailer, other than Batman and the JL Dark team, you see more of Superman, Wonder Woman and John Stewart seemingly having multiple scenes, more so than other JL members.

I think you should be happy regardless, because there's a higher chance that John is going to be the league's lantern in future Justice League films. The graphical effects on his constructs looks pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He is in an animated movie, why should you not be happy. A John Stewart cameo is better than no John Stewart at all. I can briefly see Cyborg in the trailer, so Stewart obviously isn't in the movie for diversity reasons, which is great. He is the current GLC leader. he is in that DC Legends mobile game, he will be in the Power Rangers crossover, I'm pretty sure he will eventually show up in the JL: Action show and I think there's a fair chance he might turn out to be the representative Green Lantern in Injustice 2. His current status seems to be better than it has been in recent memory, so as far as I'm concerned, yeah, you should be happy about the guy.
    Well I read that one of the creators on this film briefly mentioned that John was added on the team, because he's a fan favorite, which is really good to hear. It's good to see Cyborg still be there, including Aquaman, which I wasn't even expecting both characters appearing in this film.

Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkman and John Stewart on the team. As far as animation is concerned, this is definitely a first.

Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Hawkman and John Stewart on the team. As far as animation is concerned, this is definitely a first.
    Although it's a bunch of guys, it's really cool to see those characters on the team together. Wished Hawkgirl made it to the team, though.

Well, the further expanding of the League has to take some more time I suppose. They just opened the Hall of Justice in the previous film and originally Hawkman was part of the JL before Hawkgirl. I won't be surprised if the next movie adds her or Guy Gardner and Green Arrow or Black Canary. Or if Barry already has Wally as his sidekick. They are slowly building the DCU, which is why it's a shame these JL films come out only once a year. I wish all 3 films per a year were JL sequels, but they gotta do Batman, Batman and more Batman. At least it's cool the Teen Titans are getting a movie after this one.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-16-2016 at 06:02 AM.

John will at least have a few lines in the movie .

Roger C. Cross, who's voicing Swamp Thing, is also voicing John in the movie .

Extraordinary Member

I am glad for the change in line-up. DC needs to promote as many heroes as they can with outside comics media.

Marvel is utilizing their bench players & second stringers to great success.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 11-16-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    John will at least have a few lines in the movie .

Roger C. Cross, who's voicing Swamp Thing, is also voicing John in the movie .
    If he was a good 15 years younger...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    If he was a good 15 years younger...

Yep. He would have made a fine, fine live-action John.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I am glad for the change in line-up. DC needs to promote as many heroes as they can with outside comics media.

Marvel is utilizing their bench players & second stringers to great success.
    I'm pretty sure they said if JLD is successful they would give Constantine and co. a standalone film like they did with TT. Jay Oliva said in some of the interviews that the new movies serve as a way to show newer fans the DCU is more than the JL fighting Parademons, Joker and Luthor.

Extraordinary Member

One of the many reasons I miss Dwayne McDuffie working for DC/WB was his ability to showcase lesser known characters while still being able to keep the spotlight on the icons.