Page 198 of 568 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 8518
    BANNED

"Issue 6 will be the last issue of the series," Bunn tells Newsarama. "There's more to the story of these lost Lanterns, and their story will be resolved in another limited series or in the pages of another Lantern book. I developed a plan for them, and I hope to be part of how it plays out."
    http://www.newsarama.com/25888-batma...-solicits.html

I knew this was a limited series, but I can't believe they just cut Bunn off like this. Given the title's good sales numbers, I'm betting this is a top down decision. DC is repositioning John. Not fully sure what that means though. New title (Green Lantern?)? No title? Were they accepting proposals behind Bunn's back? Hope we get answers soon.

And hopefully the Lost Army story gets some kind of worthwhile conclusion.
    Last edited by Captain13; 09-14-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Very disappointing. Prior to Convergence, I was reading ZERO GL titles. This is the first time I'm picking up 3 GL titles (I guess you could call "Omega Men" a GL-related title though Kyle is not the reason I'm buying the book) and now 2 of them are cancelled prematurely. Bummer...

Is there any chance they're doing this to consolidate space adventure into this "Telos" book (like anyone needs that) and that those stories will play out there??

BANNED

John's book was the only DC book I was reading. I don't find any Big 2 book appealing right now.

BANNED

John was included as the film Green Lantern in a Batman v Superman parody.

What the heck??

I knew the sales weren't spectacular but i thought it was hovering around 31k as of issue 2 in July. Unless August's sales were just abysmal, sounds from the interview like they just pulled the rug from under Bunn's feet. :/

edit - heard that last month sold 27k..
    so i guess dc more so got bored of it and feels its time to repackage it. perhaps back to corps?
    Last edited by Rumble; 09-14-2015 at 03:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    edit
    so i guess dc more so got bored of it and feels its time to repackage it. perhaps back to corps?
    Would make sense so that it ties into the film announcement and leverages people who were collecting GLC for years.

Hopefully John gets his own series again in the vein of Jensen's Green Lantern Corps and Lost Army. Either way, I'm really tired of the continuous interrupting of stories, either by endless crossovers or premature cancellations. I recently re-read the entire Van Jensen run of GLC over again in trade, and it's painfully clear that those final three issues of his (particularly the last one) after "Godhead" were very hastily wrapped up and it affected his story in a negative way. He didn't get time to tell the story he wanted because he was hassled by crossovers and then cut short unexpectedly. I'm worried (and almost certain) the same thing will happen with Lost Army.

This is strange news. We already know that the Lost Army series is a limited series, but unfortunately I don't think Bunn is going to tell the story that he wants to tell. He already said he needs between 12-14 issues. I believe that this is an interruption from DC high ups. Whether this is good for GLC or not, it's just a little annoying with all of these sudden shifts.

UPDATE:

According to a DC spokesperson, Doomed and Green Lantern: The Lost Army were originally intended as "6-issue limited runs" like the Harley Quinn/Power Girl, Bizarro and All Star Section Eight series.
    Interesting, but Bunn did say that he wanted to explain the story around 12 issues. We already knew that the book wasn't in cancellation numbers, anyways. I guess DC allowed Bunn to extend the limited series to tell the story that he wants. I guess they changed their mind.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 09-14-2015 at 04:17 PM.

BANNED

Please when have sales stopped DC from cancelling a John Stewart Book? Mosiac had good sales didnt stop them then wont stop them now.

Lost Army has been great. I'm really disappointed to her that it's only going to get six issues.

Argh! Lost Army being cut off like this is like having the DVR cut off your mystery movie 10 minutes before 'whodunit' is revealed
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    John was included as the film Green Lantern in a Batman v Superman parody.

I normally don't like mustaches, and I can't recall whenever John has ever sported one, but it actually look pretty cool there. Martian Manhunter has a pretty cool design also.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 09-14-2015 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Please when have sales stopped DC from cancelling a John Stewart Book? Mosiac had good sales didnt stop them then wont stop them now.
    That's true, unfortunately.

Mosaic. Cancelled.
    Van Jensen's Green Lantern Corps - Decent seller. Cancelled.
    Green Lantern: Lost Army. Cancelled.

The last two times John's books were cancelled with a batch of others, his were the highest sellers, and a considerable amount of lower selling books were preserved. It looks weird. And no, I don't believe that Lost Army was always supposed to be a six issue miniseries. That is directly contradictory to what Cullen Bunn was saying earlier. And the funny thing it wasn't that long ago that Cullen Bunn was saying he planned on 12-14 issues (maybe three weeks ago), which makes it seem like he wasn't expecting to have to wrap his story up that fast. It seems like DC doesn't know what they are doing and are making kneejerk decisions about things that are hamstringing writers and their stories.
    Last edited by Desh; 09-14-2015 at 08:31 PM.

BANNED

Standard DC then.

This is part of the whole going back to "the meat and potatoes" thing. In a few months I bet there will be a new Green Lantern Corps. book with the Corps. back on Oa and business as usual. We won't see new GL concepts for a while. I bet Hal is back to his regular old non-Renegade self very soon as well.