Page 230 of 568 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 8518
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I wouldn't be down and out just yet. Because on Dan Amboyers official site, it says on resume that he's playing a character called "Lt. Christie" in Batman vs Superman. Not Hal Jordan.

http://www.danamboyer.com/reel--res.html
    Thanks, and welcome, BlackClaw!

There's also a typo in the confirmation. Hoping this is all a ruse and that Lt. Christie isn't a cover. I just wish WB would say something about GL either way by this point. I'm not interested in being fooled. Heck, if I hear there is no GL at all, I may not see the film until I get the news I'm looking for. I'm not going to pay $15 to find out that John isn't the main GL a couple of months after the film...
    Last edited by Captain13; 12-30-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    Thanks, and welcome, BlackClaw!

There's also a typo in the confirmation. Hoping this is all a ruse and that Lt. Christie isn't a cover. I just wish WB would say something about GL either way by this point. I'm not interested in being fooled. Heck, if I hear there is no GL at all, I may not see the film until I get the news I'm looking for. I'm not going to pay $15 to find out that John isn't the main GL a couple of months after the film...
    I know a hardcore John Stewart fan personally (as in offline) who is already out and not supporting DC anymore, because he's tired of this not knowing what is going on stuff regarding Green Lantern, both in the comics and films. And... I can't blame him.

Even if this winds up being a ruse (and it probably is), all the stuff I previously said still holds. I'm getting pretty tired of the entire situation myself.

Yeah, I don't buy this rumor. Besides, there is a better one that was released before the more recent trailer that seems to be a lot more plausible.

I don't think we'll be seeing any GL casting until after the movie is out. I believe John and Hal will be announced at the same time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    Yeah, I don't buy this rumor. Besides, there is a better one that was released before the more recent trailer that seems to be a lot more plausible.

I don't think we'll be seeing any GL casting until after the movie is out. I believe John and Hal will be announced at the same time as well.
    Heck if we're lucky they might announce who's playing the lanterns during the tv specials airing on January 19th.

I doubt there's going to be any lantern casting announcements at the moment. And it's possible that Green Lantern won't even appear in JL. There were these casuals that I was talking to and they believe John Stewart is the most popular GL character, because of his popular media appearances. Pushing John Stewart for marketing to it's maximum is really a no-brainer.

And I agree with Captain13. I'm not even going to take a chance to go to the movies and watch BvS. I don't want to go to the movies and watch the film and you see a GL that isn't the character who you expect it to be at the big screen. I would feel that it's just a waste of money. If the rumor is debunked, I'll probably go and watch the movie.

At this point, I don't even feel bad about investing more into Marvel comics.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 12-30-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I doubt there's going to be any lantern casting announcements at the moment. And it's possible that Green Lantern won't even appear in JL. There were these casuals that I was talking to and they believe John Stewart is the most popular GL character, because of his popular media appearances. Pushing John Stewart for marketing to it's maximum is really a no-brainer.
    I don't know. The Justice League wouldn't feel like the Justice League without a Green Lantern on it. And I especially with you on pushing John Stewart for the marketing. As I've said before, I'm really hoping all the publicity the Finn from Star Wars is getting persuades DC into giving spotlight to John Stewart.

BANNED

I don't know. The Justice League wouldn't feel like the Justice League without a Green Lantern on it. And I especially with you on pushing John Stewart for the marketing. As I've said before, I'm really hoping all the publicity the Finn from Star Wars is getting persuades DC into giving spotlight to John Stewart.
    Yeah, it may be that we don't get any casting news until SDCC or something, but not having one of DC's top 5 icons on the Justice League would be weird.

The only reason I can see why JL won't have a Green Lantern is either a) Divided fanbse b) GL Franchise failed in media c) Both. If true, it could explain why the GL movie is nearly 5 years away so the demographic can forget about the horrible film.

Yea John is a cosmic black superhero, which is really rare. How cool it is to see a cosmic black superhero dealing with intergalactic threats and interacting with aliens throughout the universe. I guess Star Wars marketing and push for Finn beat them to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    The only reason I can see why JL won't have a Green Lantern is either a) Divided fanbse b) GL Franchise failed in media c) Both. If true, it could explain why the GL movie is nearly 5 years away so the demographic can forget about the horrible film.

Yea John is a cosmic black superhero, which is really rare. How cool it is to see a cosmic black superhero dealing with intergalactic threats and interacting with aliens throughout the universe. I guess Star Wars marketing and push for Finn beat them to it.
    Well I could see GL not showing up in JL part 1, but part of me still hopes he'll show up for JL part 2. If not then I guess it'll just be the six members that were already confirmed.

BANNED

Hey, guys!

Which episode of Justice League or JLU is your favorite?

Mine would have to be Wild Cards. I really like the team roster, the villains, the scenario, and the fact that John gets the girl in the end.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Hey, guys!

Mine would have to be Wild Cards. I really like the team roster, the villains, the scenario, and the fact that John gets the girl in the end.
    It's hard picking a favorite, but I'll go with one featuring John in it: Kid Stuff.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Hey, guys!

If you put a gun to my head this is what I would pick, too. There is nothing wrong with it anywhere. It gets an A+ on everything it attempts. While I'm not sure if I would list this as my second favorite, I feel like saying that I also have a very soft spot for "Comfort and Joy." Those season two episodes did a really great job at bringing out the distinct characters of the League and their relations with each other. Nothing since using DC properties, whether comics or whatever, has really satisfied me like that or gotten me to care about the characters as much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It's hard picking a favorite, but I'll go with one featuring John in it: Kid Stuff.
    That's a great one! It's great seeing how different John was as a kid.

It helps to paint a picture of what his life was like before he became a GL. Now that we're talking about it, JL and JLU did a great job of fleshing out John's background. He was a hyper kid who grew up in a working class neighborhood and who liked to read comics; then he became a marine where he became more serious-minded and met his lifelong friend Rex Mason; then he became a GL and romanced his instructor Katma; and then he founded the Justice League, fell in love with Hawkgirl, and started picking up some of his friend Flash's humor, haha. He was a fully realized character.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    If you put a gun to my head this is what I would pick, too. There is nothing wrong with it anywhere. It gets an A+ on everything it attempts. While I'm not sure if I would list this as my second favorite, I feel like saying that I also have a very soft spot for "Comfort and Joy." Those season two episodes did a really great job at bringing out the distinct characters of the League and their relations with each other. Nothing since using DC properties, whether comics or whatever, has really satisfied me like that or gotten me to care about the characters as much.
    Comfort and Joy plays great this time of year. Hearts and Minds would be my second choice.

He was a fully realized character.
    And I hate to take us back here, but DC Comics has really struggled to give us that with John, and haven't come near the level the cartoon did. I believe that if Hal Jordan takes precedence over him in the films, we'll get something more like the comics and less like the cartoons. It's my thinking that the movie will be too focused on Hal Jordan to do anything nearly as worthwhile with John as what the toons did. Which would be hilarious when, on the cartoons, John was in an ensemble cast with larger than life characters way bigger than Hal Jordan. But still, there he got to be the Green Lantern, and regardless of what some say, he wasn't playing support or second to anyone.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

It helps to paint a picture of what his life was like before he became a GL. Now that we're talking about it, JL and JLU did a great job of fleshing out John's background. He was a hyper kid who grew up in a working class neighborhood and who liked to read comics; then he became a marine where he became more serious-minded and met his lifelong friend Rex Mason; then he became a GL and romanced his instructor Katma; and then he founded the Justice League, fell in love with Hawkgirl, and started picking up some of his friend Flash's humor, haha. He was a fully realized character.
    That's one of the many reasons I like that episode. Before the hero emerged, there was am awkward, bespectacled kid many of us could relate to (in some ways, that kid was me - I was awkward and bespectacled back then myself and even share the same first name ). It wasn't that hard to believe John would have loved that JSA-inspired comic book anymore after that episode.

Going back to sleep now. Happy New Year!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?