Page 299 of 568 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 8518

Thanks about the Darkstars information, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Thanks a lot.

And no, The Darkstars series had ended by that point. Ron Marz essentially used those issues to destroy The Darkstars, sans Donna Troy, and cripple John Stewart. I don't really know why, because neither were really a threat to Kyle Rayner. John wasn't a Green Lantern, he was something different. I guess Marz wanted Donna to more or less be the only Darkstar, too.

The way it happened in the comics, if I recall correctly, is John is the one who shot the Zeta Beam, and Kyle Rayner tricked or pushed Grayven into it. What I'm doing for my series is different from what happened in the comics, similar to how events happened in the New 52, but differently. I hope that makes sense. I eliminated Kyle Rayner from the situation completely and upped the scale of the battle by A LOT. Also, The Darkstars, despite suffering huge losses, weren't effectively destroyed as a fighting force in my story. In fact, in my story, they're still active. Also, Grayven's motivation is different. In the comics, he wants to use a Zeta beam to transport his army to Apokolips so he can attack Darkseid and steal his throne. In my thing, he wants to prove himself worthy of being Darkseid's heir, and isn't even really after a Zeta beam. He's just attacking Rann because it's just the next place to attack.
    John Stewart's guest appearance under Marz's run Green Lantern did have some sort of better presence in that story. I could be wrong, since it's been ages since I read that story. Your story sounds really exciting.

And about the DCEU situation, I really care less about the future of the DCEU films, since some of the big names from DC (like Geoff Johns) is behind the scenes. And we all know he would do everything he can to try to convince WB to diminish John in some capacity like what happened in his run. DC should've just done the logical thing from the get go: Capitalize on the success of the JL/JLU cartoon series. Or at least even do their best to make the roster as accurate as possible, even if that wasn't the start of the New 52. Even adding John membership status in the JL would in no way hurt the comic run. Hell, they could've had a chance to do this in Rebirth. Start appealing to a new generation of fans instead of older nostalgic readers. There's so many fangirls of Hawkgirl, it isn't even funny. They're still even asking about Shayera.

What bothers me (and hurts me) most about Rebirth isn't the fact that they're propping up and promoting Jessica Cruz. But the fact that it gives me and others that I've spoken to the impression that whenever it seems like there's a perfect chance and time to use John Stewart to his fullest potential, it's like Geoff Johns and co. is saying "I would rather go out of my way to create and invest in a new GL character than to write him", despite the fact it's more complicated to appeal a newer character among readers than another character that has fans. There's nothing wrong using both John and Jessica and build something out of it in Rebirth. What's so freaking hard about that!? And if this Rebirth thing happens what I expect it to, then it's very damn hard to convince other people out there, who likes John to see how anyone at DC doesn't have some sort of biased agenda against him. I bet you if anything happened to Hal, Guy, Kyle; and John was the only character left on the list, they would rather shut the franchise down or use a new GL character instead than to do anything with him.

DC is NO longer getting money from me with that kind of attitude. So I'm not even slightly interested in Rebirth at all. I'll rather just buy Marvel and Star Wars products instead.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 03-25-2016 at 01:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah. I honestly don't suspect things will even get to Green Lantern Corps.
    hell, considering WB's track record for measured reactions i wouldn't be shocked if they slashed whatever post-production and marketing budget is still needed for SS and WW; if not halt WW altogether. or they just carry through on their threat to shutter DC

it'll be interesting to see how it affects the rest of DC though. if this pops the superhero bubble its very likely WB will want the CWverse buried ASAP* and will strangle other shows in the crib; and CN's never needed a reason to screw with DC animation; while rebirth is very obviously Johns' brainchild this time round (on the other hand, i'm hearing the bits most connected to Johns stuff was the better received parts of the film, so who knows)

*on the other hand; we may find all embargoes lifted
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 03-25-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    And about the DCEU situation, I really care less about the future of the DCEU films, since some of the big names from DC (like Geoff Johns) is behind the scenes. And we all know he would do everything he can to try to convince WB to diminish John in some capacity like what happened in his run. DC should've just done the logical thing from the get go: Capitalize on the success of the JL/JLU cartoon series. Or at least even do their best to make the roster as accurate as possible, even if that wasn't the start of the New 52. Even adding John membership status in the JL would in no way hurt the comic run. Hell, they could've had a chance to do this in Rebirth. Start appealing to a new generation of fans instead of older nostalgic readers. There's so many fangirls of Hawkgirl, it isn't even funny. They're still even asking about Shayera.
    You know, I really can't make sense of these guys. DC failing to capitalize on Shayera Hol is one of the biggest missed opportunities of the company in recent-ish history if you ask me. I sort of put that on Geoff Johns, too. I think the fact that he made that Kendra character stymied Shayera's prospects, despite Shayera's success on TV.

What bothers me (and hurts me) most about Rebirth isn't the fact that they're propping up and promoting Jessica Cruz. But the fact that it gives me and others that I've spoken to the impression that whenever it seems like there's a perfect chance and time to use John Stewart to his fullest potential, it's like Geoff Johns and co. is saying "I would rather go out of my way to create and invest in a new GL character than to write him", despite the fact it's more complicated to appeal a newer character among readers than another character that has fans. There's nothing wrong using both John and Jessica and build something out of it in Rebirth. What's so freaking hard about that!? And if this Rebirth thing happens what I expect it to, then it's very damn hard to convince other people out there, who likes John to see how anyone at DC doesn't have some sort of biased agenda against him. I bet you if anything happened to Hal, Guy, Kyle; and John was the only character left on the list, they would rather shut the franchise down or use a new GL character instead than to do anything with him.

DC is NO longer getting money from me with that kind of attitude. So I'm not even slightly interested in Rebirth at all. I'll rather just buy Marvel and Star Wars products instead.
    I don't know what the plans for John Stewart with Rebirth are, but I don't have a lot of faith in DC to put out something that I'd be interested in supporting. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say he'll be behind Hal Jordan and mixed in with a jumble of characters in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. In which case, I doubt John Stewart fans would be satisfied, and I would not buy that book. Then people would tell us that we should like it because John is a main character and that his lot in (fictional) life is to be buried under massive ensembles that actually STAR some other Lantern as the lead because John's just supposed to be in there somewhere and never really have any worthwhile focus or character development, because Green Lantern is a concept and he's just one tiny piece in a massive jigsaw puzzle. While over in Green Lanterns there will be some characters very few people care about, and we'll be left wondering why the heck they are in a book while John Stewart isn't doing anything worthwhile and hiding in Hal Jordan's shadow.

That's my forecast.

Also, yeah, it's REALLY suspicious these "ethnic" extraneous Green Lanterns popped up. If you want to showcase diversity in Green Lantern, maybe you should start by actually allowing John Stewart to have a series that isn't interrupted. That literally hasn't happened since 1984. Over 30 years ago. I mean, I think that's what anyone without any weird agenda would do... since it makes the most sense.

John Stewart's guest appearance under Marz's run Green Lantern did have some sort of better presence in that story. I could be wrong, since it's been ages since I read that story. Your story sounds really exciting.
    Thanks for the comment about my project. The first issue is almost done. I'm wary of setting dates, but it should be out pretty soon. Not to toot my own horn, but judging from what I know of your tastes, I think you'll really, really like it! Maybe even more than Jensen and Bunn's stuff.
    Last edited by Desh; 03-25-2016 at 03:20 AM.

BANNED

Yeah, I doubt we'll see the Green Lantern plans come to fruition, especially given the studio's already adverse view of the franchise.

If there's one lesson to be learned about DC Comics and WB superhero films post-Dark Knight, it's double down on your mistakes.

BANNED

On a side note, the Elder Scrolls hath unleashed a raging beast. The Mighty John Stewart prepares to administer a radical beatdown.

IMG_0594.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    On a side note, the Elder Scrolls hath unleashed a raging beast. The Mighty John Stewart prepares to administer a radical beatdown.

IMG_0594.jpg
    Dude, that looks epic

BANNED

It was a lot of fun. That's the magic of action figures and statues

Extraordinary Member

IMG_0594.jpg
    See, this is where that whole "being able to overcome great fear" comes in. No way would I fearlessly confront a beast like that.

BANNED

You might be underestimating yourself, Anthony.

You know, I really can't make sense of these guys. DC failing to capitalize on Shayera Hol is one of the biggest missed opportunities of the company in recent-ish history if you ask me. I sort of put that on Geoff Johns, too. I think the fact that he made that Kendra character stymied Shayera's prospects, despite Shayera's success on TV.
    This has crossed my mind as well.

I don't know what the plans for John Stewart with Rebirth are, but I don't have a lot of faith in DC to put out something that I'd be interested in supporting. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say he'll be behind Hal Jordan and mixed in with a jumble of characters in Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. In which case, I doubt John Stewart fans would be satisfied, and I would not buy that book. Then people would tell us that we should like it because John is a main character and that his lot in (fictional) life is to be buried under massive ensembles that actually STAR some other Lantern as the lead because John's just supposed to be in there somewhere and never really have any worthwhile focus or character development, because Green Lantern is a concept and he's just one tiny piece in a massive jigsaw puzzle. While over in Green Lanterns there will be some characters very few people care about, and we'll be left wondering why the heck they are in a book while John Stewart isn't doing anything worthwhile and hiding in Hal Jordan's shadow.

That's my forecast.
    If he's in the "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps", then it's obvious that a John fan would mostly likely won't buy it. Me personally, even if there were story arcs that's dedicated to John, I still won't buy it, because of the name. I just think it's very illogical that DC editors care less on what lantern would be focused the most on when they receive a pitch from a writer. John has been watched by millions, thanks to the JL/JLU toons. His name has been mentioned to be played by multi-million dollar high profile actors. Even including all of these rumors on who's confirmed to play John Stewart, even wild rumors like Denzel Washington playing as him. Tyrese Gibson confirmed over 1500 SITES has articles talking about the John Stewart role. But yet editors don't look at John as some major priority in the GLC title and lets him be diminished for a lesser known GL!? There shouldn't be any reason at all not to have him as the biggest focus of the story.

Also, yeah, it's REALLY suspicious these "ethnic" extraneous Green Lanterns popped up. If you want to showcase diversity in Green Lantern, maybe you should start by actually allowing John Stewart to have a series that isn't interrupted. That literally hasn't happened since 1984. Over 30 years ago. I mean, I think that's what anyone without any weird agenda would do... since it makes the most sense.
    Kinda funny that Geoff Johns name dropped John Stewart when he was acknowledging on how characters has fans. But as you say, we don't know what's going to happen after Rebirth. I'm not going to hold my breath, though. That's what I've been telling EVS on how his stories just gets interrupted over reasons that doesn't relate to cancellation numbers. Does these editors not like what these writers are writing for John? Apparently they don't.

Thanks for the comment about my project. The first issue is almost done. I'm wary of setting dates, but it should be out pretty soon. Not to toot my own horn, but judging from what I know of your tastes, I think you'll really, really like it! Maybe even more than Jensen and Bunn's stuff.
    Definitely looking forward to it.

And Tyrese Gibson confirmed more details on discussing WB about playing the GL and how he has the shot via comicbook.com. He also confirmed that there's no casting yet in the JL movie. It's a very interesting interview by Larry King.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 03-25-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    And Tyrese Gibson confirmed more details on discussing WB about playing the GL and how he has the shot via comicbook.com. He also confirmed that there's no casting yet in the JL movie. It's a very interesting interview by Larry King.
    He is still talking about that?? Jeez, it's embarrassing. Only the studio knows what may or may not happen with the Green Lantern property or who has a "shot" at playing whatever role. I'm tired of seeing actors beg for superhero castings. Oh PLEASE let me play this character, I've taken the oath, I've met with WB! Ugh. Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miler or Ray Fisher didn't utter a word about their roles before they were announced, this guy's attention seeking is just obnoxious at this point.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-26-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He is still talking about that?? Jeez, it's embarrassing. Only the studio knows what may or may not happen with the Green Lantern property or who has a "shot" at playing whatever role. I'm tired of seeing actors beg for superhero castings. Oh PLEASE let me play this character, I've taken the oath, I've met with WB! Ugh. Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miler or Ray Fisher didn't utter a word about their roles before they were announced, this guy's attention seeking is just obnoxious at this point.
    So when the guy is asked about Green Lantern, what is he supposed to do? Say, "Sorry, I can't answer your questions about that because it's embarrassing"?

BANNED

I wouldn't mind seeing Tyrese in there.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tyrese in there.
    He wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm not nearly as critical of him as some are. I think he definitely has the right look for the part.

So when the guy is asked about Green Lantern, what is he supposed to do? Say, "Sorry, I can't answer your questions about that because it's embarrassing"?
    No, the embarrassing part is that he started going on about this in the first place. I'm glad there's demand for the John Stewart character, but when you continuously say nonsense that you should be chosen for the role, you just come off as annoying. None of the other actors begged the studio to be cast in their roles. Gal went to audition for Wonder Woman and she got the part. You want to play a comic book character, you do the same thing, instead of proclaiming that you "took an oath" or you're "ready". To me it just makes an actor look bad or unprofessional.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-26-2016 at 08:57 AM.