Page 473 of 568 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 8518

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Clear editorial bias against a popular character is also not a good look.
    +1

Abruptly derailing writers who wanted to write that popular character is a bad look too

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    +1

Abruptly derailing writers who wanted to write that popular character is a bad look too
    Agree with you both.

Extraordinary Member

In truth I'm more so on the fence with her.

Because i think that Xanshi ish was some character assassinating bull-ish that has no business seeing the light of day unless greatly modified like what McDuffie and Jensen each did in their respective re-interpretations. Ideally it should be rectonned, omitted and completely discarded from JS's history, and those who came up with it should be tarred and feathered. But i digress.

So Vixen is my ideal choice but doesn't fit in his universe. Fatality is the more logical choice but that entire backstory is for the birds
    Given the various retcons Geoff did for Hal, the fact he kept Xanshi was proof he cared very little for John.

They resurrect Vibe, yet kept Kat dead. Even Guy's brain damage (inadvertently caused by Hal) was seemingly retconned in favor of Gardner having an abusive father.

DC managed to keep Xanshi despite the various line-wide reboots since that crappy story.

Fatality can still work. Perhaps she is the relative of a former enemy of John who perished during one of their clashes. That might be cliche, but I'll take that over a dead planet.

Vixen works in an extended universe way. Vixen and John could both be members of the League.

The more I think about it, Vixen could be to John what Oliver Queen is to Hal Jordan (except one is a romance while the other is a bromance).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Begging writers to like your favorite character is not a good look....
    Who is begging?

Plenty of us are all saving money here.

My extra funds support single mothers who are knowledgeable of poles.

Thanks, DC!

Ultimate Member

If we want to talk about folks begging to make writers like a character-I can list a bunch of them and John Stewart fans don't enter the conversation.

Including some whose fans have done nothing but attack other fanbases be it online or offline-even to the point of chasing them out of comic book stores. Harassing writers and editors.

This is not a case of fans begging for anything. This is a case of fans wondering why is there an ISSUE when it come to writing John Stewart when you got writers WILLING to do it?

If this is begging-what do you call the mess going on at Marvel? Where there are demands for certain books to be axed lead by those who don't read them? Never seen grown men intimidated by books with black girls in the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Who is begging?

Plenty of us are all saving money here.

My extra funds support single mothers who are knowledgeable of poles.

Thanks, DC!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If we want to talk about folks begging to make writers like a character-I can list a bunch of them and John Stewart fans don't enter the conversation.

Including some whose fans have done nothing but attack other fanbases be it online or offline-even to the point of chasing them out of comic book stores. Harassing writers and editors.

This is not a case of fans begging for anything. This is a case of fans wondering why is there an ISSUE when it come to writing John Stewart when you got writers WILLING to do it?

If this is begging-what do you call the mess going on at Marvel? Where there are demands for certain books to be axed lead by those who don't read them? Never seen grown men intimidated by books with black girls in the lead.
    Me neither.

What's not a good look is feeling threatened by minority characters.

Hahah

This last page has been been awesome. Stellar responses

The John Stewart CBR community yall *sheds tear*

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Did yall like John Stewart as a Darkstar? I didn't read that series and honestly had no Idea he was part of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Did yall like John Stewart as a Darkstar? I didn't read that series and honestly had no Idea he was part of them.
    I haven't read Darkstars, but I heard it was a decent comic and John Stewart was the leader over Donna Troy and others.

Begging for attention with nonsensical statements is not a good look. Have a blessed day.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I 100% agree with these statements.

Extraordinary Member

I never read Darkstars.

However, I would be very interested in some sort of follow-up with Merayn Dethalis.

She was last seen on Earth, after she broke up with John. Someone should make a story out of that.

But as always, no one is interested on picking up on John Stewart story threads.

Extraordinary Member

With Merayn (who could easily pass as Kurt Wagner's sister), two things stand out about our hero:

1 - John really is "no color lines" when it comes to romance.

2 - John really loves him some hot alien women.

A non-PC parody of this scene could have John asking: where the alien women at?

Didn't read Darkstars.

When did this occur?