Page 5 of 568 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Basically, if you don't have a Kindle or Kindle Fire, you can't just buy books directly in the app anymore. It redirects you to a web page to do that. In addition to the DRM, that's why I'm thinking of closing my account. If there weren't a few titles I read which are exclusive to Comixology, it wouldn't be hard to do that.
    Oh man. That's lame. I already buy my books from the site and then downloaded them to my tablet, so it's pretty much business as usual for me, but I can see how that would be a big hassle from just buying them in-app. Hopefully comiXology fixes that issue. I really like the company and want them to succeed, and I want comics to succeed. They need to be as easily accessible as reasonably possible.

I read all my periodical comics digitally. I still buy trades, but I'm altogether done with floppies. Digital comics are largely what got me back into comics.

That's a shame hearing that about Injustice because Gardner, as much as I like him, didn't even show up in the game. Maybe things will change as the story goes on?
    Yeah, Guy's not even in the game, so I didn't understand why he had a larger role than John. I just figured it was the usual BS John Stewart and his fans have gone through, but we'll see what happens. John did stuff last issue, so he may continue to rise in importance.
    Last edited by Desh; 05-12-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Green Lantern Corps from #21 on. Highly recommended for any John Stewart fan!

An image by John Stewart's creator, and my favorite comic artist - Neal Adams:

This is just so awesome!

Pics!

BANNED

John needs more love goddamn it.

Awesome! I look forward to hearing your thoughts. The last issue that came out yesterday was mindblowing. That ending! o___o
    I won't spoil it, but it is definitely worth seeing.
    I am sorry for taking so long to post my thoughts about Smallville’s Lantern storyline but life interrupted. I was called in to work Sunday. I worked from 8:00 am Sunday until 1:00 am Monday. Then I had to come back in on Monday at 7:30 am to continue working on the problem and it still has not been completely resolved. Please kids, do not pick an IT career unless you want sleepless nights and missed holidays.

Now on to Smallville. I really enjoyed the first nine digital installments of “Smallville Lantern”. It surprised me how much of the DC Universe Bryan Q. Miller has incorporated into the Smallville universe. Smallville has transformed to a true alternate DCU while still maintaining the style of the show.

John Stewart does have a good showing in this story. He is Earth’s only surviving Lantern. He is not the exact same John we know and love but the characterization is very good. The story stays interesting and exciting. The only downside for me was that I had to play catch up. So much has happened in the series to progress the characters and their relationships prior to this current storyline. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. I am also now considering staying with this series after the current plot ends

Desh, Thanks for the recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Basically, if you don't have a Kindle or Kindle Fire, you can't just buy books directly in the app anymore. It redirects you to a web page to do that. In addition to the DRM, that's why I'm thinking of closing my account. If there weren't a few titles I read which are exclusive to Comixology, it wouldn't be hard to do that.
    I am sorry that your ComiXology experience has become negative. I use an Android tablet and the experience is now better for me since they added a shopping cart. I really like reading comics on my tablet. My eyes are not as good as they use to be. The guided view usually increases the size of the panels and makes it easier for me to read. Getting older sucks. I hope your situation gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    I am sorry for taking so long to post my thoughts about Smallville’s Lantern storyline but life interrupted. I was called in to work Sunday. I worked from 8:00 am Sunday until 1:00 am Monday. Then I had to come back in on Monday at 7:30 am to continue working on the problem and it still has not been completely resolved. Please kids, do not pick an IT career unless you want sleepless nights and missed holidays.
    Ugh. That sounds rough. I hope things have calmed down for you by now.

Now on to Smallville. I really enjoyed the first nine digital installments of “Smallville Lantern”. It surprised me how much of the DC Universe Bryan Q. Miller has incorporated into the Smallville universe. Smallville has transformed to a true alternate DCU while still maintaining the style of the show.

John Stewart does have a good showing in this story. He is Earth’s only surviving Lantern. He is not the exact same John we know and love but the characterization is very good. The story stays interesting and exciting. The only downside for me was that I had to play catch up. So much has happened in the series to progress the characters and their relationships prior to this current storyline. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment. I am also now considering staying with this series after the current plot ends

Desh, Thanks for the recommendation!
    No problem. Always glad to recommend something others may enjoy. Yeah, the Smallville comic keeps the style of the show, but... it's actually good, unlike some of the later seasons of Smallville, in my opinion. I'm thinking about sticking with the book after this "Lantern" arc, too. There is likely going to be a Justice League, and if there is, there's about a 99% chance John will be on it, so that's something to look forward to. I think we'll keep seeing him pop up.

Also, speaking of the digital comics, John is doing more in Injustice now. There's good reason to believe he may meet up with Hawkgirl soon. There is a possibility of their romance being brought into the Injustice Universe, which would be wholeheartedly welcomed by me.

Oh, also, John Stewart is awesome in the latest Green Lantern Corps (#31), as usual from Van Jensen. Everyone should pick that up.

Here's the Future end covers for GLC one-shot for John Stewart:

Has anyone read the new 52: futures end title yet?

Angry black man or not (), he's the one who should be in charge of the Green Lantern Corps.

I've really grown to like the guy, and appreciate his quiet intensity.
    WHO DAT?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Here's the Future end covers for GLC one-shot for John Stewart:

Has anyone read the new 52: futures end title yet?
    Indigo zombie John is creepy, but his beard is really sexy. DC should let him keep the look after the whole Future's End fiasco dies down.

Spectacular Member ParticleFreezer's Avatar

John is just a better character than Hal with a richer backstory.

Also he is the Head IBM: (Intergalactic Booty Master)

hearts0636.jpg
    Vixen+and+Green+Lantern.jpg
    mogo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    Indigo zombie John is creepy, but his beard is really sexy. DC should let him keep the look after the whole Future's End fiasco dies down.
    Heh. I always preferred clean shaven John.

Quote Originally Posted by ParticleFreezer View Post
    John is just a better character than Hal with a richer backstory.
    Hal Jordan sucks. I'm so happy many people chose not to see the Green Lantern movie because it had that white character when the audience was expecting a black one, and that the people voiced their discontent. Hell, anyone should have been able to tell that would happen after having run a major cartoon show for years and years with the black Green Lantern (which was airing new episodes only a few years before the movie came out), and when the white Green Lantern, or ANY Green Lantern, didn't have much of a media presence before that.

They got everything they deserved from that alone. From their 25% tomato rating to their lost 90 million or so dollars, to their toxic hero. I'm so against that stuff because it's a perfect example of the superhero genre not advancing, but going backwards, even when the greater audience wants them to advance, but some fanboys on top don't want that.

Believe it or not, this is how a lot of casual people think on the matter. You just don't see them head over to comic book forums to voice the sentiment.

Me and my brother go to this website and the made a list of DC's top 50 heroes. All 4 Earth Green Lanterns made the list. I think that's awesome. Check it out.
    http://www.411mania.com/movies/columns/322971
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-17-2014 at 03:43 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ugh. That sounds rough. I hope things have calmed down for you by now.
    This past week was really hard at work but I keep John around to remind me I am a fan of one of the greatest comic characters ever to grace the printed page. That gets me through any challenge at work.

20140515_143348.jpg

Also, speaking of the digital comics, John is doing more in Injustice now. There's good reason to believe he may meet up with Hawkgirl soon. There is a possibility of their romance being brought into the Injustice Universe, which would be wholeheartedly welcomed by me.

Oh, also, John Stewart is awesome in the latest Green Lantern Corps (#31), as usual from Van Jensen. Everyone should pick that up.
    I just caught up with the Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Two. Glad they gave John a bit more to do. I am little uncomfortable with him seeming to join Superman’s side with Hal. I am also don’t like seeing Flash or Cyborg on Superman’s side. I don’t think these characters would agree with Superman’s methods.

Green Lantern Corps #31 was very good. Really enjoying the series since John became the lead.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Say, I just saw this on tumblr:
    spoilers:
    [https://31. media. tumblr. com/5b3c6416bfab9f5a7b69ab4a34f62ec0/tumblr_n5buqbBmjz1s11g07o1_500.png[/url]
    end of spoilers

I don't read Smallville:Lantern, but what do you guys think of this?