Page 503 of 568 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 8518
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I would like to see Vixen/Bronze Tiger reunion, tbh.

I still would rather see Katma return. DC has done an awful lot of resurrections for characters who are far from top sellers.

I'm hoping Kat shows up in the GLC film.
    Our interest align..

but I honestly don't think DC is ever going to bring back Katma. It sucks but they had multiple chances and modern writers probably don't even know her. At least Bruce Timm and Paul Dini recognized her in JL.

I did like the assist from Sam Wilson.

If this was wrestling, the first two black superheroes took out the Skull NWO style.

This is all my opinion, though.
    One save was from Sam, the other was the frail corporate dude who interfered when Skull was pretty much choking T'Challa out.

I forget the term but in wrestling that's the stuff they do to make one opponent look stronger/superior while giving an out for the other opponent to win [otherwise Rock, Cena, Goldberg, etc would win every time].

Now if T'Challa was already severely hurt, bleeding out, damaged, etc going into that fight... then that's better ring psychology by the writer b/c they're establishing that the villain's advantage comes not from being naturally better when on an even playing field but due to the hero already being handi-capped.

As it was, Red Skull shouldn't be winning any h2h against BP and needing Falcon and a cowering corporate white dude to survive a nazi who declared you inferior to him and proceeded to beat your butt in a fight where you yourself are a top 5 fighter in the MU and superior to him... ehhhh. It was a great final moment, but otherwise i wasn't a fan.

/side bar lol

I honestly think Xanshi is a thing of the past.

I'll be surprised if we see Fatality again.

I will say this: a black woman can just as easily play Kat.

She'd still be pink tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    She'd still be pink tho?
    It looks like she used the ring to shape shift herself.

This sort of reminds me of Jade (Jenny), where pre-crisis, she was able to revert back to her original skin color.

BANNED

I love how fans take so much stock in who he dates, even more so than maybe Peter Parker. You've got folks asking for Katma, Vixen, Hawkgirl, Soranik Natu, and even Fatality, like they're Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, and Betty Brant. No one's asking for Tawny Young, Rose Hardin, Beverly Blanding, or Merayn Dethalis though. :P

More seriously, and not to make this a competition because both are great, but I always thought John could be more representative of Black folks than someone like Black Panther because he can embody the diversity of the diaspora. There's no worrying if you're too light or dark skinned to dress up as him. And he's seen as our paragon by a lot of people, not unlike Superman. There's even a Static Shock episode about this. And, depending on how you count, he could be DC's first black superhero. (First guy to debut, but not the first one with superpowers)

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-15-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It looks like she used the ring to shape shift herself.

This sort of reminds me of Jade (Jenny), where pre-crisis, she was able to revert back to her original skin color.
    Ahh I see. If the majority of the movie is in space and she's pink... basically doing the Zoe Saldana/Gamora [where it's a woman of color but it's not representation... bc she's green]... i don't think that gets the same buy-in that Vixen or Fatality get. A big appeal for BP was also for the strong female representation that brought women and lil girls to the theater in droves bc of women that actually look like them. From Okoye to Shuri to Nakia. That's why to me Vixen is just gold; her or a Fatality that looks akin to the art in Jensen's run is just money waiting to be printed by pairing her up with John. Pretty much star crossed lovers/romance but in space and each with strong personalities; pretty much giving women as strong an incentive to watch this as they did BP.

BANNED

I love how John and Kat went from this--

to this:

--

I'd like to see John develop a deeper antagonistic relationship with the Manhunters.

Crazy that James Remar voiced two of John's rivals in the form of a Manhunter and Hawkman.

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-15-2018 at 10:05 PM.

BANNED

Ahh I see. If the majority of the movie is in space and she's pink... basically doing the Zoe Saldana/Gamora [where it's a woman of color but it's not representation... bc she's green]... i don't think that gets the same buy-in that Vixen or Fatality get. A big appeal for BP was also for the strong female representation that brought women and lil girls to the theater in droves bc of women that actually look like them. From Okoye to Shuri to Nakia. That's why to me Vixen is just gold; her or a Fatality that looks akin to the art in Jensen's run is just money waiting to be printed by pairing her up with John. Pretty much star crossed lovers/romance but in space and each with strong personalities; pretty much giving women as strong an incentive to watch this as they did BP.
    I would be legitimately happy if someone could convincingly salvage Fatality as a love interest at this point.

To Jensen's credit, I loved the pairing before I found out about the Star Sapphire brainwashing and Durlan replacement.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-15-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It was one of Snyder's Newsarama interviews about Metal if I am recalling correctly.
    Ah thanks! I haven't read any of his Metal interviews. If I knew about it, I would've post it in this thread to see get some speculation from John fans'. I wished I knew about this a while ago.

I'm going to see if I can look for it.

Since it's been said that the movie is partially a John Stewart origin story, it's possible that 1/3 of the movie will be on Earth. If Katma meets John on Earth, she may disguise herself as a human, which she could be a woman of color. I'm more than sure Katma will make an appearance on the film. We just don't know what actress will play that role. It may not even be a POC actress.

I do agree that having a poc female play an alien role, which changes her skin complexion may not count as true diversity. When I see Gamora on the big screen, I have a hard time looking at her as a poc.

I think John and Vixen would make a great couple. John with Fatality was great, but some of it didn't make any sense, due to Geoff Johns not continuing exploring that relationship, which was just brief. I'm glad that Van Jensen cleaned up Geoff Johns' mess. The John/Fatality romance was one of my favorite parts in Jensen's run. Even when it was explained what truly happened to Fatality's love for John after the Durlan event, it was a good single issue that I read repeatedly. Van Jensen did a real good job at handling John and Fatality.

It looks like Neal Adams responded to BleedingCool about the John Stewart news via twitter. Here's what he said:

@bleedingcool Hal Jordan in my opinion is Green Lantern. The Green Lantern Liaison member of the Justice League is John Stewart as millions of people who watched the cartoon show pretty much know. Is this really a confusion? The movie messed it up,but can easily be fixed.
    Tom King (who written John Stewart horribly as the black best friend in the Darkseid War crossover) also seemed to like that tweet as well.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 03-15-2018 at 10:57 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

Agreed that Vixen would've been a better choice than Cyborg.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-16-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    When I think about it, the only potential problem with putting him in this title is the fact that it will have nine main characters. In the title he currently appears in, he has to share the spotlight with 3 other Lanterns, but in JL he will share it with 8 Leaguers. Still, I'm thinking Snyder could be a fan of the expanded JL roster from the later seasons of the cartoon and that worked just fine, so I'm interested to see how he handles the character.

It's also interesting that even with Martian Manhunter AND John Stewart there, Cyborg is still part of the roster. That shows me they're not planning to give up on him as some previously speculated.
    Well this is what Scott Snyder had to say on twitter last month, responding to a fan's question about handling that many characters:

JL lets me focus on a couple characters every arc emotionally, while doing big stories w/everyone in them plot-wise each arc.
    I'm more than sure this is what we're going to expect. I'm fine with this.

BANNED

Snyder's response sounds like what they did on the Justice League show.