Page 513 of 568 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523563 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 8518
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I just hope they don't lean too much on nostalgia with the animated roster.
    I think Snyder can put out great stories, and I hope he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I just hope they don't lean too much on nostalgia with the animated roster.
    I don't think he's going to try replicate any stories from the DCAU. There are going to be different characters cameo appearances in the comics, so it could be some crossovers and events hopefully.

BANNED

Thanks! His design is much better than the previous one they used.

BANNED

It really feels like our boy is on the come up.

It's nice to see John Stewart on the big screen. The Green Lantern joke was hilarious lol.

I noticed that John's personality is quite different. He doesn't come off as stoic, since the movie itself is more comedic.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Alright, alright. I get the message. I will leave you guys be.

I just wanted a place I could talk about our collective love of John Stewart without having to wade through the same negativity, resentment, and persecution we've seen over and over again. I wanted a thread in which we appreciated John Stewart, instead of griping endlessly about how DC is treating him and attacking creators who worked to satisfy us, but came up short.

I figured with the wonderful news that John Stewart would headline both John Ridley's Other History of the DC Universe, and that John Stewart would be starring in one of DC's most popular books would change the negative tone of this thread, but apparently this pattern of behavior is how you want it.

No hard feelings. Wish you all well.
    Only John Stewart fans are told to sit down and shut up. That says it all.

No one has sent death threats or harassed fans in person. Or gone up to Geoff Johns and called him a fucking bitch.

Me, personally, I decided to just walk away. Maybe when they can do more with John than stick him in the JL with another boring writer and a limited series I'll have more positive things to say.

Until then, there are plenty of books out there I would rather read.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Yea, I never understood it. If a character gets treated wrong, there's always going to be complaints. It just shows how passionate and appreciative they are towards the character.

There has been many complaints among fans on DC's treatments with other characters in appreciation threads, but for some reason, a John Stewart fan can't call out DC for the bs, while other fans of different characters can.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Not true. I had somewhat of a meltdown about Hal's outside media treatment recently and Bored told me very delicately that I was overreacting. Indeed I was and I totally needed someone to tell me that. Being told you could be wrong about something doesn't mean you're told you shouldn't express yourself about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Not true. I had somewhat of a meltdown about Hal's outside media treatment recently and Bored told me very delicately that I was overreacting. Indeed I was and I totally needed someone to tell me that. Being told you could be wrong about something doesn't mean you're told you shouldn't express yourself about it.
    It does when every time you express something you're told you're overreacting or coming up with conspiracy theories.

It does when even when you explain why you feel the way you do with factual examples that could be easily found, someone comes along and tries to minimize the issues, make excuses for individuals short comings, or tell you you're projecting.

Do appreciation threads need someone who can say "hey guys I think we're overacting" ...sure, but no one needs an individual who will argue/debate with you every time you express something negative just b/c they want everything to be positive or b/c they don't want to acknowledge that there wasn't anything to appreciate b/c DC wasn't doing anything significant with the character.

For all the people who complain about this thread and how they stay away b/c the fans complain too much, they could have just as easily came in and tried to start a new topic and just ignore the discussions they dislike but I bet most of them tried to argue against fans instead of dedicating time to steer conversation away from anything negative.

Anyway, I came in here to say that I am happy for the John Stewart fans/stans and I hope that John has some focus ...maybe with an arc in Snyder's run.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    For all the people who complain about this thread and how they stay away b/c the fans complain too much, they could have just as easily came in and tried to start a new topic and just ignore the discussions they dislike but I bet most of them tried to argue against fans instead of dedicating time to steer conversation away from anything negative.
    Most of them have already attempted to do just that at one point or another.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It does when every time you express something you're told you're overreacting or coming up with conspiracy theories.

It does when even when you explain why you feel the way you do with factual examples that could be easily found, someone comes along and tries to minimize the issues, make excuses for individuals short comings, or tell you you're projecting.
    Doesn't happen every time at all and to this day there's indeed no factual evidence that supports the claim that Johns wanted to purposely sabotage the John Stewart character. Until that evidence is presented, it indeed remains a theory, though like I said, it's not being brought up all the time at all. Most times that I've seen, noone is trying to prevent anyone here from venting about the past treatment of the character.

Mighty Member

What would you guys want to see in a John Stewart Year One story, if it happened? I feel like most superheroes have that one definitive origin story. Ollie was stranded on an island, Barry was struck by lightning and Luke received powers from an experiment in prison. In my opinion, John doesn't seem to have that. (please correct me if I'm wrong) I mean, sure he had an issue of Secret Origins back in the new 52. But I want a writer to go deeper.