Page 520 of 568 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 8518
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It's better for John to have his own new villain, imo. If a writer is really invested into John Stewart, that writer should create a villain/anti-hero specifically for him. It would be a big disservice for a different writer, who's not really fond of John Stewart and use his villain for a different Green Lantern who that writer prefers over the John Stewart character.

About Grayven, yes, he hasn't really been used much, but he's been around in Kyle's mythology. It's safer and better for John to have his own new adversary from Earth.

I just hope he won't get new Earth characters that are mediocre like Tattoo Man, Shark, Hector Hammond etc.

John should also have his own dynamic with another superhero too.
    Agreed on every point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I'd like to say "no" to any rainbow lantern villains. It'd be so nice to move as far away from them as possible and remember there's a universe of characters to use out there.
    I want to take this opportunity to say "YES!" to your post.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pretty art (though kind of a small Justice League).
    Not unless they are about to battle the Squadron Supreme....I had to go there....forgive me.

Extraordinary Member

Just remember, Wilson Fisk started out as a Spider-Man foe before becoming permanently tied to Daredevil.

Sandman, Rhino, & Absorbing Man have formed deep rivalries with characters outside their initial books of origins.

Is it easier to do this on the Marvel side than with DC in term of villains?

Grayven is a cosmic character which is right up John's alley.

The history between them is very brutal, and personal.

Grayven is not someone will go down in a brawl.

John would have to deal with his anger, any residual trauma, and focus his strategic mind to find ways to defeat Grayven.

BANNED

Grayven seems like he'd be much too powerful in comparison to characters like Captain Cold, Cheetah, Lex Luthor, Joker, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    It's better for John to have his own new villain, imo. If a writer is really invested into John Stewart, that writer should create a villain/anti-hero specifically for him. It would be a big disservice for a different writer, who's not really fond of John Stewart and use his villain for a different Green Lantern who that writer prefers over the John Stewart character.

About Grayven, yes, he hasn't really been used much, but he's been around in Kyle's mythology. It's safer and better for John to have his own new adversary from Earth.

I just hope he won't get new Earth characters that are mediocre like Tattoo Man, Shark, Hector Hammond etc.

John should also have his own dynamic with another superhero too.
    I miss Green Lantern's Earth villains though .

I think Tattoo Man is pretty cool though.

BANNED

Gosh, June feels really far away, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Grayven seems like he'd be much too powerful in comparison to characters like Captain Cold, Cheetah, Lex Luthor, Joker, etc.
    Heroes gotta rise to the occasion.

Hal just whooped General Zod.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Just remember, Wilson Fisk started out as a Spider-Man foe before becoming permanently tied to Daredevil.

Sandman, Rhino, & Absorbing Man have formed deep rivalries with characters outside their initial books of origins.

John would have to deal with his anger, any residual trauma, and focus his strategic mind to find ways to defeat Grayven.
    Very true, Excellent points..

BANNED

Ehh, I don't want to deal with the Miles Morales thing in which other fanbases accuse your character of stealing another character's villains.

Well there haven't been any interesting rogue galleries in Daredevil at the time of the series' decline. I believe Wilson Fisk being a part of Daredevil at the time of Frank Miller's writing. Before Miller, the series was looked upon as mediocre and it's sales weren't good at all. Someone like John Stewart isn't in a situation like that.

Don't get me wrong, Grayven would make a good adversary, but the Green Lantern fans are an interesting bunch, where fans of the Kyle character would complain about this. That's why I think it's more safer to have a new villain specifically for John.

Extraordinary Member

Grayven was just a suggestion. The past history is already on paper. To my knowledge, outside of Star Sapphire, no other villain has hurt John so thoroughly.

Unfans of John Stewart don't need an excuse to be unfans. Folks are gonna complain about John doing anything that does not include being a wallflower, or being the black best friend.

Right now, the sky is the limit.

BANNED

Unfans of John Stewart don't need an excuse to be unfans. Folks are gonna complain about John doing anything that does not include being a wallflower, or being the black best friend.
    Lord knows that's true, lol.

Until we get more news or appearances, there's not much more to add.

Grayven was just a suggestion. The past history is already on paper. To my knowledge, outside of Star Sapphire, no other villain has hurt John so thoroughly.

Right now, the sky is the limit.
    Fair enough.

Fatality has been a strong supporting character for John. I'm hoping another character will be the same.

Lightbulb

Would be nice to see John Stewart having his own avatar like the other leaguers in Snyder's Justice League on DC's website.

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 2.52.21 AM.jpg

This might change soon. Who knows.