Page 524 of 568 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 8518

From what I see, it looks like John is getting some development. John being in the Justice League, which is one of DC's top books, is a good promotion for the character. It gives him more exposure to the point where it's possible that other writers can use him in guest appearances and even possibly a John Stewart solo that gets inherited from Scott Snyder's run.

I just hope John doesn't look bad as what Snyder did to Hal in the early issues of Metal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yep. That's what it definitely sounds like. CBR recently gave speculation about this, too.

Other articles are speculating about this solicit and CBR is one of them. Here's some quotes from CBR's article:

This pretty much answers our questions about what was going on with John Stewart's ring in the JL#2. Since the source wall is broken (which is the main point of what's going on in these JL titles), we're going to experience things that's similar to the the mythology, but it's going to be different.

It's nice to see Snyder promising that John is going to get time in the spotlight. Looks like he's actually fond of him as a character. This is a big deal for a John fan, considering he's one of the top guys over at DC.
    Either that or some pieces of DC Pre-Flashpoint is starting to reinforce itself into the timeline and the rest of the DCU is starting to recall it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post

The Ultraviolet Lantern!!!
    What an eye-catching cover!

Speaking of optics, John's eyes are green, so the green energy of will is still with him.

You ain't a wall-flower now, John!

Thank God they're starting to more with John
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

It's funny that the cover features John with four members from the JL film.

This is... odd to me. On the one hand, yes please let's see John in a prominent role. But Ultra Violet Lantern? Do we really need another color? And is this John's new status quo or just a temporary thing? Not that the movie universe should matter, but if he's the UV Lantern now and they eventually do come out with that buddy cop Hal & John GL movie it sort of reminds me of how Marvel was confusing the hell out of people by swapping out their legacy characters with new young versions while featuring the old guys in the movies.

But whatever. I think in the end this is a good thing.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    This is... odd to me. On the one hand, yes please let's see John in a prominent role. But Ultra Violet Lantern? Do we really need another color? And is this John's new status quo or just a temporary thing? Not that the movie universe should matter, but if he's the UV Lantern now and they eventually do come out with that buddy cop Hal & John GL movie it sort of reminds me of how Marvel was confusing the hell out of people by swapping out their legacy characters with new young versions while featuring the old guys in the movies.

His new status is most likely temporary, it's the way of comic books.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post

I think John being an UltraViolet lantern is temporary. I think it has to do with the source wall being broken open, which opens up new experiences and discoveries for these characters. The next solicit mentions secrets in the past of Flash, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter. Which I think is an example of John's ring harnessing the UltraViolet spectrum being only temporary in the story.

BANNED

I agree that this seems very temporary. I just hope the Guardians' secret isn't that they have been using ultraviolet John as a weapon without his knowledge. I don't want him to be the black ops guy. I want him to continue being aspirational like the other League members. Personality, yes; Winter Soldier, no.

Also, that cover looks pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I agree that this seems very temporary. I just hope the Guardians' secret isn't that they have been using ultraviolet John as a weapon without his knowledge. I don't want him to be the black ops guy. I want him to continue being aspirational like the other League members. Personality, yes; Winter Soldier, no.

Also, that cover looks pretty cool.
    Huh I never made the connection, but I think what you fear is what's going to happen. John will realize the Guardians used him for black op tasks and then wiped his memories afterwards.

Extraordinary Member

My fingers are crossed that does not happen. The Guardians need to return to be benevolent, but clueless do-gooders.

What's happened to the Guardians is almost the same with Professor Xavier (and other Marvel characters): too many stories showing them as villains, instead of flawed heroes.

I actually liked that John has a more positive relationship with the Guardians. I don't need John having a love/hate relationship with his bosses, like Hal does.

I think it is funny that John & Guy have better relationships with the Guardians than Hal.

Whatever secrets the Guardians have in relation to John, I really hope they are laced with the best of intentions, and nothing dastardly.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    My fingers are crossed that does not happen. The Guardians need to return to be benevolent, but clueless do-gooders.

What's happened to the Guardians is almost the same with Professor Xavier (and other Marvel characters): too many stories showing them as villains, instead of flawed heroes.

I actually liked that John has a more positive relationship with the Guardians. I don't need John having a love/hate relationship with his bosses, like Hal does.

I think it is funny that John & Guy have better relationships with the Guardians than Hal.

Whatever secrets the Guardians have in relation to John, I really hope they are laced with the best of intentions, and nothing dastardly.
    Omg yes. I HATE what writers did to Professor Xavier and the Guardians are nearing to his status every day. I don't mind if they still kept Ganthet as the sincere one, but crapping on the Guardians every story is getting old.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Omg yes. I HATE what writers did to Professor Xavier and the Guardians are nearing to his status every day. I don't mind if they still kept Ganthet as the sincere one, but crapping on the Guardians every story is getting old.
    Crapping on the Guardians is one of the reasons the franchise ain't doing so great, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

Is John still the leader of the Green Lantern Corps, while the Guardians are in the background overseeing things? If so, this could be why John may quit being the leader if the guardians are hiding things from him.

I also hope it's with the best intentions as well. The guardians always seemed fond of John. He was also offered as being an Alpha lantern, due to his loyalty and responsibilities as a Green Lantern. It would be rather poor for the Guardians to risk losing one of the best lanterns of the corps.

BANNED

The other GL solicits may cut against the theory above:

GREEN LANTERNS #50
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art and cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by CHRIS STEVENS
    "Something is amiss." That's what the Guardians believe. But even they cannot see the darkness growing inside the Central Power Battery…an infection. One that will have enormous repercussions within the entire Green Lantern Corps. Making matters worse, in light of recent events, Jessica Cruz questions her place within the Green Lantern Corps, contemplating leaving it behind. And her partner Simon Baz is stung so much by her confession, he may let her go…
    An infection in the battery could be the cause of the Ultraviolet Lantern.

GREEN LANTERNS #51
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art and cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by CHRIS STEVENS
    A murderer stands within the GLC's ranks as tension rises between Simon and Jessica. Their rings seem to say the other committed the crime
    John may not be the only Lantern who loses control.

HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #49
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by RAFA SANDOVAL and JORDI TARRAGONA
    cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    variant cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    Allied with evil! With all hope failing, the desperate Green Lantern Corps must ally itself with the monstrous Hector Hammond against the unstoppable might of the Darkstars. It's a suicide mission straight to the homeworld of the Controllers', the puppet masters pulling the Darkstars' strings. Who will survive? Get your rings charged to 100 percent for the penultimate chapter of "Darkstars Rising"!
    Maybe the Controllers are involved?

Or maybe the infection is due to the crack in the Source Wall?

These threads could all be unrelated, but who knows?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #4
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    What is hidden in the darkest depths of the ocean and farthest reaches of space doesn't even compare to the insidious secrets buried in the pasts of Flash, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter! While the rest of the League battles to save their friends before all of reality unravels, the citizens of Earth make a startling decision…to join the Legion of Doom!
    What we do know is that John is not the only hero dealing with secrets in July.

I'm a little more relieved about the direction they're taking John now.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 04-19-2018 at 04:08 AM.