Page 525 of 568 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 8518
    BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Is John still the leader of the Green Lantern Corps, while the Guardians are in the background overseeing things? If so, this could be why John may quit being the leader if the guardians are hiding things from him.

I also hope it's with the best intentions as well. The guardians always seemed fond of John. He was also offered as being an Alpha lantern, due to his loyalty and responsibilities as a Green Lantern. It would be rather poor for the Guardians to risk losing one of the best lanterns of the corps.
    I am hoping the Guardians take over full time. I don't think John works as leader of the GLC, and a full-time member of the JL.

I am assuming he's still a Green Lantern when he joins the Justice League, and this UV thing happens afterwards.

Mighty Member

Am I the only one that thinks maybe this ultraviolet lantern ring isn't associated with any emotion? What if it's like a power up of some sort. Like Superman's solar flare. Maybe it's something only John can achieve?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Since its being rumored that Morrison is taking over Green Lantern, do you guys think it will include John and would you like him to write John?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Since its being rumored that Morrison is taking over Green Lantern, do you guys think it will include John and would you like him to write John?
    It's possible. And yes, it would be nice for him to write John.

Grant Morrison said on record, during his interview on Final Crisis that John and Kyle are his preferred lanterns. So it's good to see Morrison being fond of those characters as well.

But Scott Snyder said that there's big plans for Hal (which he told a fan). And then you have Deniz Camp (who's a real good talented writer and poster on CBR forums), who's favorite lantern is Hal Jordan also said it's a big new creative team going to be a part of the Green Lantern franchise and he's excited about it. I could be wrong, but he may not be this excited if it was John starring in a Green Lantern book under one of the biggest DC writers. This all leads to me thinking that it's going to be Hal Jordan that's going to be the pick for Grant Morrison, assuming if the rumors are true of course.

Another thing I would like to point out is that some of Morrison's stories has always been very complex and weird (in a very good way). I thought Green Lantern mosaic was sort of like this. So yea, that's a reason on why I would like to see him write John.

guess which GL is in the Teen Titans Go! movie?
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    guess which GL is in the Teen Titans Go! movie?
    Yeah, it's pretty exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I would imagine Morrison might touch on John, though I feel like Snyder probably has "dibs" on the character and his future developments.

I really hope John gets a solo out of this JL run for more character development and more high end feats. In all honesty, when you think about it, he SHOULD be the best/main lantern because:
    1) He's a former marine who EXCELLED at his job (leadership, willpower, armed/unarmed combat, and strategy development )
    2) He's an ace architecht. Solid constructs built with every last detail with structurally sound designs ftw.
    3) He's noted as the best flyer
    4) He's the most level headed out of the group and just gets the job done.
    There is NO LOGICAL explanation as to how a cocky pilot and a comic book artist are better lanterns than John.
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 04-22-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Mighty Member

From JLA #103. I think this was my first exposure to John outside of the cartoon.

RCO013_1468807935.jpg

And im expecting John to have some good moments under Morrison, even if he isn't the focus.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

BANNED

Man, I prefer John with black gloves, even fingerless ones, lol.

Great interaction with Superman. I hadn't see it before. It would be great if John got his own solo with a solid creative team who really liked the character....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Man, I prefer John with black gloves, even fingerless ones, lol.

Great interaction with Superman. I hadn't see it before. It would be great if John got his own solo with a solid creative team who really liked the character....
    It's a shame that we'll never know what Brian Azzarello would have done with John in All-Star Green Lantern.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    It's a shame that we'll never know what Brian Azzarello would have done with John in All-Star Green Lantern.
    I loved his run on Wonder Woman. Besides his proposed All Star project, he included John as the GL in Future's End. It would be interesting to see his take in John in a John-centered solo title.

I don't see John Stewart getting any type of solo, whether it's a mini or a series. I think the Justice League book is going to be the only book he's going to be with the other leaguers. Of course John deserves to have his own solo. But if he's only going to be in the Justice League, it's fine by me. I won't have a problem with it. It's better for him to be in that book, hanging out with other different superheroes, than to guess and figure out whether he's going to be a background character in a lantern book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would imagine Morrison might touch on John, though I feel like Snyder probably has "dibs" on the character and his future developments.
    I'm more than sure if John isn't on a solo book, he'll be featured and play a good role as a guest star in Morrison's title. Morrison is a good creative talent that likes to focus on both underrated and obscure characters. He really is indeed fond of John. I can't see him not using the character as a guest star in some kind of event or arc at all.

Grant Morrison usually focus on the bigger scope of a story. The Green Lantern mythology is pretty big, considering it's a superhero cosmic adventure. Since the universe is really big, we can see probably see fresh ideals from him.

As I said earlier, if someone could make a John Stewart story that's very close to Green Lantern: Mosaic, it's definitely him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Yea, it was during the Johns' era. Would've been nice, considering John was the only human lantern who didn't have a mini or being the lead character.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 04-23-2018 at 03:01 AM.