Page 544 of 568 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 8518

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    It's up in the air at this point. Maybe they allow him to give Hal more focus than John like he did in the comics, maybe they won't. All we can do now is wait.
    The announcement says the movie will be inspired by his GL run. Hardly a shocker, but like I said, Johns doesn't seem to have much executive power in the DCEU anymore so yeah, it boils down to whether the higher-ups would support his vision or not.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-11-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The announcement says the movie will be inspired by his GL run. Hardly a shocker, but like I said, Johns doesn't seem to have much executive power in the DCEU anymore so yeah, it boils down to if the higher-ups would support his vision or not.
    Even without his direct involvement I imagine it would probably have been based a lot on his run regardless.

Wow, this is really really bad news. Why can't this guy ever stay away from John Stewart and other black characters.

In more positive news I enjoyed John's showing in Hal and the GLC #45. Nice feat with John busting Zod's hand with the kryptonite knuckles and I enjoyed the exchange on the philosophies of battle between John Stewart and Zod given their military backgrounds.

When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    It's up in the air at this point. Maybe they allow him to give Hal more focus than John like he did in the comics, maybe they won't. All we can do now is wait.
    You are right. I was stressing a bit over this yesterday. It is what it is. I hope to be surprised, and see the two treated as equals.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Wow, this is really really bad news. Why can't this guy ever stay away from John Stewart and other black characters.
    Trust me, I know how you feel. It would be insane if Geoff got the green light (no pun intended) pull his wall-flower technique of John Stewart on the silver screen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    In more positive news I enjoyed John's showing in Hal and the GLC #45. Nice feat with John busting Zod's hand with the kryptonite knuckles and I enjoyed the exchange on the philosophies of battle between John Stewart and Zod given their military backgrounds.

I always felt John & Zod would have made a more interesting rivalry. I am glad it is being explored now.

Although it is worth noting that John inherited the ring of Tomar-Re after Hal returned to active duty.

Mighty Member

That panel alone sold me on a John and Zod rivalry. But I need the whole story. Where do I start with this one?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Trust me, I know how you feel. It would be insane if Geoff got the green light (no pun intended) pull his wall-flower technique of John Stewart on the silver screen.
    Yea, you're right. In the comics, he could get away with it, but on the movies, he can't. Out of all the writers, he's pretty much known as THE GUY who put John Stewart in the background while other GL's succeed. The audience is already expecting John to be on the screen, but they're not expecting him to play black best friend. I don't think Geoff Johns will go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    That panel alone sold me on a John and Zod rivalry. But I need the whole story. Where do I start with this one?
    The current Darkstars arc started in Hal & the GLC#42 so you could jump on there, it's been quite good so far with lots of allies and enemies of the Corps popping up, both old and new.

But the previous arc with the Green Lantern Corps fighting Zod's family started in #37 it's mainly Kyle and Hal though.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    It's nice to see John Stewart having some relationship with other characters. Robert Venditti really do like the John Stewart character. There's no doubt about that.

But I have to wonder whether it was Geoff Johns' decision to include both characters in the film or was it WB

It's nice to see John Stewart having some relationship with other characters. Robert Venditti really do like the John Stewart character. There's no doubt about that.
    There are many underused villains who I wish DC would use more against different heroes. I thought Zod would work well as a Green Lantern villain ever since he met the Corps in World of New Krypton, and even better as personal foil to John with their respective military history.

Even Black Adam has been known to travel in space from time to time.

I also find it strange some people are complaining about Sinestro being in the Legion of Doom matched against John in the new Justice League, they actually do have plenty of history with each other.

Mighty Member

But I have to wonder whether it was Geoff Johns' decision to include both characters in the film or was it WB
    Geoff never seemed to have any interest in John, so it had to be WB.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member

I think it was more a WB thing to include John. Plus, including John in the GLC film was in the cards years ago.