Page 547 of 568 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 8518
    BANNED

Makes sense that John would be Bruce's preferred GL given their similar approach to problem solving... and bad luck with women so far. :P

BANNED

Man, that was a really good preview. So I guess my predictions about the recruitment of an ally were correct after all

So I guess John Stewart been a leader for years!?

My dreams have came true. I was hoping that when John Stewart joins the team, it shows an introductory on why he's there, rather than being there at random. This gives a little character development for John Stewart. Going by the preview, this is how you write a character. Give him screen time and develop his character in one of DC's top comic book sellers. John Stewart's dialogue was hilarious too!

It's nice to see Batman recruiting John Stewart, due to his thought process and leadership skills.

Scott Snyder's writing on John Stewart is looking good so far.

It looks like this week is going to be a good week for John Stewart fans.

Mighty Member

It feels good to know what that flower was.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I was thinking about the flower the whole preview. We're definitely getting into Cosmic Odyssey territory for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That's a great question?

Did Sinestro discover it first, John somehow takes it, and now the conflict between them is about controlling the UV?

John having power that Sinestro thinks is rightfully his is enough to justify a rivalry.

Perhaps they don't need to bring up Kat to have a legitimate conflict.
    I think the Ultra Violet spectrum is something that Sinestro knew about before John, as Scott Snyder mentioned in an interview (IIRC). I'm sure John is going to discover it by harnessing it first before Sinestro. John Stewart pretty much has something Sinestro wants. This could be why there's going to be a rivalry.

Bringing up Kat wouldn't be a bad thing, though. There could be more potential John fans out there that's reading this book and want to learn more about the character and his history. Kat is rarely talked about these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I was shocked to see him in the book.

About the Cosmic Odyssey instance, I wonder if John was never in that story, would he still be in the Justice League? Sometimes something may seem extremely bad, but turns out very good in the long run.

BANNED

Didn't Carol, under the possession of the Predator, murder Kat? I guess DC wants people to forget that, which may be why Kat is rarely brought up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    JL issue #2 preview. John Stewart approved.
    https://nerdist.com/justice-league-2-exclusive-preview/
    Now, that was just insane, in a good way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Didn't Carol, under the possession of the Predator, murder Kat? I guess DC wants people to forget that, which may be why Kat is rarely brought up.
    Writers had two opportunities to bring Kat back. The first was during Blackest Night, and the second was the New52.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    JL issue #2 preview. John Stewart approved.
    https://nerdist.com/justice-league-2-exclusive-preview/
    Too cool ...

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think it's just that his head is titled and Cheung has done a lot of cross-hatching.
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Now, that was just insane, in a good way.
    Yea, I'm amazed that John would even get focus here by a top tier writer. It really does seem that John is there because Snyder feels he fits with the league. John being a diverse character isn't even the reason he's on the team and it really shows.

I'm also surprised that Batman would rather choose John Stewart to be on the team rather than Hal Jordan.

I just got through reading Justice League #2 from comixology and I will be buying the comic from my LCS. This is probably the best Justice League run I've read. I love how Jorge Jimenez draws the expressions of the leaguers. His artwork on John Stewart is incredible. This guy is definitely one of DC's highest profile artists right now. Anyone who's interested in the book, mainly because of John Stewart, then yes, there's more panels with him and not just the preview. I haven't enjoyed a DC book like this in years. Scott Snyder really likes this character. That's for sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I just got through reading Justice League #2 from comixology and I will be buying the comic from my LCS. This is probably the best Justice League run I've read. I love how Jorge Jimenez draws the expressions of the leaguers. His artwork on John Stewart is incredible. This guy is definitely one of DC's highest profile artists right now. Anyone who's interested in the book, mainly because of John Stewart, then yes, there's more panels with him and not just the preview. I haven't enjoyed a DC book like this in years. Scott Snyder really likes this character. That's for sure.
    Yeah, Snyder did a great job with this one!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm also surprised that Batman would rather choose John Stewart to be on the team rather than Hal Jordan.
    I always held the belief that John probably reminds Bats of James Gordon.