Page 548 of 568 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 8518
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I just got through reading Justice League #2 from comixology and I will be buying the comic from my LCS. This is probably the best Justice League run I've read. I love how Jorge Jimenez draws the expressions of the leaguers. His artwork on John Stewart is incredible. This guy is definitely one of DC's highest profile artists right now. Anyone who's interested in the book, mainly because of John Stewart, then yes, there's more panels with him and not just the preview. I haven't enjoyed a DC book like this in years. Scott Snyder really likes this character. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Yeah, Snyder did a great job with this one!
    You guys keep it real. It feels great to read positive recommendations for a comic featuring John Stewart again!

John vs Sinestro I can't wait to see this matchup!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I've been reading Venditti's recent GL run with the whole Zod and Darkstar stuff. (shoutout to Black Adam on here) John may not get overall focus in this series but i feel that Venditti writes him well. Never once did i get the impression that John was wallpaper or was the BBF. He's involved! And at the end of the day, that's what i want.
    Thanks bud I'm glad your enjoying it! I must admit I have a love/hate relation ship with Hal & the GLC, I love Venditti as a writer and the fact he pulls a lot from existing DC and Green Lantern history and I hugely admire the fact he tries his best to give all the GLs their time in the spotlight but as Sodam Yat mentioned I hate the fact this book will always essentially be about Hal and him saving the day.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

I'm also surprised that Batman would rather choose John Stewart to be on the team rather than Hal Jordan.
    Makes sense to me. John is a planner and a methodical, strategic, big-picture thinker. Hal's impromptu style doesn't mesh so well with Batman's need to anticipate everything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Makes sense to me. John is a planner and a methodical, strategic, big-picture thinker. Hal's impromptu style doesn't mesh so well with Batman's need to anticipate everything.
    I imagine Bruce having the most Frank Miller flavored inner monologue meltdowns when he has five plans to utilize against a villain, when Hal suddenly shows up, pulls a plan out his left toenail, and intervenes.

Despite having the best of intentions, the scene below really paints Hal in a bad light (no pun intended). I think John would have held back in order to fully access the situation before intervening on Batman's behalf.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I always held the belief that John probably reminds Bats of James Gordon.
    Gordon usually plays such a supporting role in just being the guy who gives Batman ledes that I didn't see it at first, but I could see John approaching situations similarly to the way that Gordon does in Batman: Year One.

While I can't see John having an affair, can anyone else see John doing this sort of stuff?

Great connection, Anthony!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    You guys keep it real. It feels great to read positive recommendations for a comic featuring John Stewart again!
    It was really great seeing Snyder's appreciation for John's background as an architect. I liked that about Jensen's approach to the character as well.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The things Batman were saying this issue were so on point. And I feel like its exactly what many fans have been wanting for this character. "Ever since Xanshi, you've just been a soldier", this has been so true and im glad it has been brought up. Jensen was like the only one so far to get John right and so far Snyder is starting great.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 06-20-2018 at 01:15 PM.

^^ Apparently Snyder has done some research, since most of the younger writers that grew up with DCAU do tend to see John Stewart as "the soldier" type. Breaking away from that for a bit is clearly a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The things Batman were saying this issue were so on point. And I feel like its exactly what many fans have been wanting for this character. "Ever since Xanshi, you've just been a soldier", this has been so true and im glad it has been brought up. Jensen was like the only one so far to get John right and so far Snyder is starting great.
    That's probably one of the most strongest parts in this issue. It's really something that a real high profile writer actually seems to be doing John Stewart right so far. Jensen was another writer to get John right. And now Snyder seems to be going down that path as well.

I'm glad you brought this up, because here's what he said from live DC Comics Q/A when asked about what he likes about John Stewart on Facebook yesterday.

I manually typed in Scott Snyder's response from the video, just in case no one don't feel like going through the link to watch the video. There's probably some very very small misquotes I typed in, but it's accurate.

What I love about John Stewart is he gives me another skeptic on the team. He’s another character that’s sort of is analytical. He was a soldier, but he was an architect. An architect is somebody who’s aspirational. So even though he’s kind of skeptic and he’s somebody who understands the harsh reality of things and he has some scars from Cosmic Odyssey, from other things, and he kind of leads when he’s asked to lead. His role in this series is: Martian Mahunter and Batman comes to him in this issue actually and says: “You been a soldier a long time and the leader who ask you to lead, we need you to be the architect again. We need you to help us build something impossible”. So..I love him because he’s sort of a character that is being asked to go beyond what um sort of limits he set for himself for the last few years. And I love what’s been done with him in the Corps and all that stuff, but we want to kind of elevate him a bit here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Snyder View Post
    ... we want to kind of elevate him a bit here.
    He's not saying John needs some higher rank in-universe. He's saying John should be given a bigger spotlight and more development. I love that...

Almost as much as I love John dabbing during his superhero landing.

Next level right there

That artwork is amazing ^^

Mighty Member

He's not saying John needs some higher rank in-universe. He's saying John should be given a bigger spotlight and more development. I love that...

Almost as much as I love John dabbing during his superhero landing.

Next level right there

Holy fragging Jesus!!! This is going to be my phone background until I die. And also this is the first time I didn't mind Xanshi being mentioned. It didn't bother me.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

That's probably one of the most strongest parts in this issue. It's really something that a real high profile writer actually seems to be doing John Stewart right so far. Jensen was another writer to get John right. And now Snyder seems to be going down that path as well.

I'm glad you brought this up, because here's what he said from live DC Comics Q/A when asked about what he likes about John Stewart on Facebook yesterday.

I manually typed in Scott Snyder's response from the video, just in case no one don't feel like going through the link to watch the video. There's probably some very very small misquotes I typed in, but it's accurate.
    Love everything he's saying. Man this JL is starting great.

BANNED

So is the Sinestro Corps still around?

Extraordinary Member

Gordon usually plays such a supporting role in just being the guy who gives Batman ledes that I didn't see it at first, but I could see John approaching situations similarly to the way that Gordon does in Batman: Year One.

While I can't see John having an affair, can anyone else see John doing this sort of stuff?

Great connection, Anthony!
    You will see the same level of respect in the DCAU. Batman actually respects John. John did not have to "earn it" from Bats. It was very similar to how Bats interacts with Gordon. Batman knows John is about business, and not ego/glory.

I'd like to see a John Stewart/James Gordon story....it's very unlikely I ever will.