Page 565 of 568 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568 LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 8518

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They went on a few dates, but it wasn't like Superman and Wonder Woman during The New-52. It wasn't that serious. But still, it was never acknowledged in the solo Flash book from what I remember.
    I didn't know that. I wonder why it's no longer brought up anymore. Maybe someone at DC probably didn't like that direction it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    To be honest, I'd rather John & Hawkgirl keep it platonic.
    lol I'm sure you would rather see Katma and John back again (if she's ever come back to life), since you're a huge fan of that relationship

Extraordinary Member

All this is my opinion.....

The crap that goes on between Black Panther & Storm bites. So much potential gets wasted on BS reality TV style drama between those two.

I would hate for that to happen to John Stewart, and the fanbase. You just know some writer will come along, and break-up John & Hawkgirl with a quickness.

John has endured heavy loses by writers and editors since the 1980's. These loses have only make the character less compelling, because for every loss, rarely does attempts to rebuild last.

The end game for Hawkgirl will always be Hawkman, inevitably.

John is not a smash and pass type of man, so losing her would only hurt him.

I don't see a romantic future with Yrra, or her Durlan doppelganger. Writers would have to go that extra mile.

Kat is the best option. She is firmly set in the GL mythos. I see a lot that can be done with their relationship in modern times.

BANNED

If the Sinestro Corps is no longer around, I'd like to see a John-Soranik relationship.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    If the Sinestro Corps is no longer around, I'd like to see a John-Soranik relationship.
    I say no to Kyle's leftovers.

With Kyle having smashed Carol Ferris, I'd rather John avoid breaking the bro-code.

I say no to Kyle's leftovers.

With Kyle having smashed Carol Ferris, I'd rather John avoid breaking the bro-code.
    Yea, I agree. I certainly don't want to see some kind of love triangle with them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Yea, I agree. I certainly don't want to see some kind of love triangle with them.
    John with Soranik is as good an idea as Kyle with Carol was.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    John with Soranik is as good an idea as Kyle with Carol was.
    I certainly hope that was sarcasm

Extraordinary Member

Let's not forget, we gotta throw in that water-head bastard, Sinestro.

The current JL story has built up enough heat between John & Sinestro.

Having too many GL characters bed-hopping is to much like the X-Men, imo.

We already have un-fans claiming John is stealing the JL slot, and the rivalry with Sinestro.

We don't need John snatching up the lovers of other characters.

If John was caviler about his sex life, then I could see.

John once hooked up with an ex of Hal's during the Mosaic era. Her name was Rose, IIRC.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure if it is still canon, but Hal swooped up on Guy's lover, Pre-Crisis.

We don't need any more sharing, lol!

All this is my opinion.....

The crap that goes on between Black Panther & Storm bites. So much potential gets wasted on BS reality TV style drama between those two.

I would hate for that to happen to John Stewart, and the fanbase. You just know some writer will come along, and break-up John & Hawkgirl with a quickness.

John has endured heavy loses by writers and editors since the 1980's. These loses have only make the character less compelling, because for every loss, rarely does attempts to rebuild last.

The end game for Hawkgirl will always be Hawkman, inevitably.

John is not a smash and pass type of man, so losing her would only hurt him.

I don't see a romantic future with Yrra, or her Durlan doppelganger. Writers would have to go that extra mile.

Kat is the best option. She is firmly set in the GL mythos. I see a lot that can be done with their relationship in modern times.
    I understand what you're saying, but the thing is, is that it's not just John Stewart fans who want to see the romance to finally become a reality between John and Hawkgirl, but Hawkgirl fans wants this to happen as well. You see it all over websites and twitter from her fans posting pics of John and Hawkgirl together.

Also, you have Rex Stewart exists in the future. So it seems like the relationship is inevitable.

You're right about the other writers. I do feel some writers (like Johns, Tom King etc.) would break them a part that could potentially make an negative impact on John Stewart's character. If they do it, I think they're only doing it, because they have kind of agenda.

There could be an interesting exploration with John and Hawkgirl. Even DC artist Patrick Zircher (who's a big fan of John Stewart) said if there was a book with Hawkgirl, he would love to draw a book with both of them headlining the title together and being in a relationship.

Let's not forget, we gotta throw in that water-head bastard, Sinestro.

The current JL story has built up enough heat between John & Sinestro.

Having too many GL characters bed-hopping is to much like the X-Men, imo.

We already have un-fans claiming John is stealing the JL slot, and the rivalry with Sinestro.

We don't need John snatching up the lovers of other characters.

If John was caviler about his sex life, then I could see.

John once hooked up with an ex of Hal's during the Mosaic era. Her name was Rose, IIRC.
    Agreed. Her name was Rose Hardin, which John and Hal fought each other over her lol.

Mighty Member

You also have to remember there is a generation of DC fans whose first exposure (and main exposure) to both John and Shayera was Justice League and Justice League Unlimited and way more invested in them as a couple than putting her with Hawkman.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Well then I guess Wally should stop trying to reunite with Linda and go after Artemis instead.

Well then I guess Wally should stop trying to reunite with Linda and go after Artemis instead.
    I think Barry had a relationship with Linda on the CW show.

I didn't know that. I wonder why it's no longer brought up anymore. Maybe someone at DC probably didn't like that direction it seems.
    I think it was probably because the main Flash writer was doing his own thing and was more invested in building back up Barry and Iris' relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think there's a preview of an upcoming Justice League issue that shows the Sinestro Corps. with Soranik still a member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    You also have to remember there is a generation of DC fans whose first exposure (and main exposure) to both John and Shayera was Justice League and Justice League Unlimited and way more invested in them as a couple than putting her with Hawkman.
    Granted, the DCAU didn't seem all that invested in Hawkman in general (heck, Hro Talak was actually supposed to be Katar Hol before DC intervened).
    I think Barry had a relationship with Linda on the CW show.
    Barry takes a lot from Wally on that show...

Mighty Member

As a Wally/Linda fan, I do worry that might happen sometimes.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers