Page 566 of 568 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568 LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 8518

John could always date Vicki Vale.

That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    To be honest, I'd rather John & Hawkgirl keep it platonic.
    Me too. And I sort of want him and Vixen to start dating, because I read somewhere a while back that there was a plan a loooooooooooooooong time ago to have Black Lightning's wife Lynn be the sister of John Stewart. So there would have been Black Lightning, Green Lantern John Stewart, Lightning and Thunder in the same family...and if John and Vixen started dating (my personal wish, possibly) she could be an aunt-like figure to Thunder and Lightning. I think that would be a really cool concept, to have 5 superheroes in the same family. Move over, Fantastic 4!

But I don't think the "Lynn Stewart is John's sister" plan ever came to fruition (unless I'm mistaken).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post

That would be cool.
    Well, if Batman can date Lois Lane, then why not? lol

That would be cool.
    "Vicki Vale...Vicki Vale...she likes... Batman, Batman, Batman...."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but the thing is, is that it's not just John Stewart fans who want to see the romance to finally become a reality between John and Hawkgirl, but Hawkgirl fans wants this to happen as well. You see it all over websites and twitter from her fans posting pics of John and Hawkgirl together.

Also, you have Rex Stewart exists in the future. So it seems like the relationship is inevitable.

You're right about the other writers. I do feel some writers (like Johns, Tom King etc.) would break them a part that could potentially make an negative impact on John Stewart's character. If they do it, I think they're only doing it, because they have kind of agenda.

There could be an interesting exploration with John and Hawkgirl. Even DC artist Patrick Zircher (who's a big fan of John Stewart) said if there was a book with Hawkgirl, he would love to draw a book with both of them headlining the title together and being in a relationship.

Agreed. Her name was Rose Hardin, which John and Hal fought each other over her lol.
    I get what you are saying. You make very sound points, as always.

I think such a romance will only last until the next writer comes along. They tried to hook Hawkgirl (Kendra) up with Roy Harper, and that crashed and burned.

Speaking of which, who is Hawkgirl...Shayera or Kendra?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well then I guess Wally should stop trying to reunite with Linda and go after Artemis instead.
    Forgive me if I offend, but is your avatar an accurate reaction you have after reading some of our crazy comments?

Extraordinary Member

That would be cool.
    No....thanks.

John already has a funny history with female reporters.

Whatever happened to Tawny Young?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Me too. And I sort of want him and Vixen to start dating, because I read somewhere a while back that there was a plan a loooooooooooooooong time ago to have Black Lightning's wife Lynn be the sister of John Stewart. So there would have been Black Lightning, Green Lantern John Stewart, Lightning and Thunder in the same family...and if John and Vixen started dating (my personal wish, possibly) she could be an aunt-like figure to Thunder and Lightning. I think that would be a really cool concept, to have 5 superheroes in the same family. Move over, Fantastic 4!

But I don't think the "Lynn Stewart is John's sister" plan ever came to fruition (unless I'm mistaken).
    If Kat is not an option, I'd go with Vixen. She is not tied to another franchise, and could be John's anchor to Earth.

Extraordinary Member

Now, I have that song in my head....you are cold......blooded!

Mighty Member

The only reason I'm iffy about a John and Hawkgirl pairing is because writers would use it as an excuse to pit him and Carter against one another. That wouldn't interest me.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I get what you are saying. You make very sound points, as always.

I think such a romance will only last until the next writer comes along. They tried to hook Hawkgirl (Kendra) up with Roy Harper, and that crashed and burned.

Speaking of which, who is Hawkgirl...Shayera or Kendra?
    It's Kendra. But I believe Shayera exist somewhere currently in the DCU.

That's what I'm mostly worried about. The next writer (who't not a fan of John Stewart) would do something awful to break them a part. The conclusion with John and Yrra's relationship was a good story, but John got too emotional and as you said, he got hurt about it by losing Yrra. And I certainly don't want to see John gets emotional like that again if something happens with him and Kendra. I don't want him to turn back into the mopey character like Geoff Johns did with him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    The only reason I'm iffy about a John and Hawkgirl pairing is because writers would use it as an excuse to pit him and Carter against one another. That wouldn't interest me.
    The potential John and Hawkgirl pairing would have more to do with their relationship and chemistry build up like what we've seen in the JL/JLU toons. Scott Snyder said one of his favorite stories and moments in the history of the Justice League is that he liked the relationship of John and Hawkgirl. So I would doubt that pairing would have to do with other writers using it as an excuse for him and Carter to go against each other. But even if that's the case, I wouldn't mind seeing some crossover between the two. It would be quite interesting. It would certainly build John's profile in the DCU.

Forgive me if I offend, but is your avatar an accurate reaction you have after reading some of our crazy comments?
    Not really, but now that you mentioned it...

Grouchy smurf is my favorite since I was a kid

Hear hear. That's actually Dave Batista reimagined as a smurf, since his wrestling catchphrase is "Deal with it". Didn't know this avatar would turn out to be popular since I've had multiple people ask me about it since I started posting here. lol

Nooooo!!!!

Yeah I agree on the whole Hawkman thing. I don't want that to happen.

For John
    - Vicki Vale, Cat Grant or any strong female civilian character with a purpose in DCU
    - Vixen
    - Fire - She needs to be back anyway

I liked Hawkgirl back in JL days but those days are in the past.