Page 568 of 568 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568
Results 8,506 to 8,518 of 8518
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Actually, the Batman/Wonder Woman romance seemingly did carry over to the comics, as a subplot involving their romance was occurring in JLA simultaneously to the Justice League animated series's run.
    Is it still going on?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    hahaha

I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Having John paired with Hawkgirl in the long term kinda destroys the central basis of the Hawkperson IP though. Hard to see a company doing that.

I would guess the Batman/Wonder Woman relationship from that show didn't carry over because it makes it more difficult to make the stories work editorially and blends the mythologies in a weird way, which you could also say about GL/HG.
    Doesn't Warhawk exist in continuity now (as this was announced a few years back)?

I think it should happen, because 1) It's somewhat inevitable. 2) I've seen fangirls wanting to see both of them paired together. 3) It raises John's profile even more as a character.

In a way, I rather see John separated from other Green Lanterns, especially if he's playing secondary character.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Is it still going on?
    Although it's not going on now, but it still happened in post-crisis though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    hahaha

This was hilarious. I never seen John Stewart so less serious like this before haha.

John Stewart appears in this issue. There's some funny jokes in that issue.

The characters closely resembles the JL/JLU cartoon as you see on the cover.

BANNED

More John vs Sinestro

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Did Katma kiss/date Hal before John?

Despite being a test pilot, and a Green Lantern, and a member of the Justice League, Hal somehow finds time to become friends with a few other Green Lanterns, one of whom is Katma Tui from the planet Korugar. She never really becomes a girlfriend of Hal’s, but Katma appears to be the only female member of the Green Lantern Corps for a time -- and she also happens to be gorgeous. Hal and Katma like and respect each other as fellow Green Lanterns, but sometimes Hal can’t resist laying a kiss on Katma. Katma claims that Hal’s kisses have no meaning for her at all:

However, that doesn’t stop Katma from occasionally giving Hal kisses of her own:

In fact, Katma seems to think kissing Hal is a lot of fun, especially if it gets him into trouble -- as in this case, where Katma (disguised as an Earth woman) kisses Hal right in front of Carol Ferris and John Stewart:

All of this playful physicality comes to an end, though, when Katma Tui falls in love with John Stewart and eventually marries him.
    http://hoosierinanity.blogspot.com/2007/09/

BANNED

John Stewart looking like Harry Belafonte:

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 08-04-2018 at 08:37 PM.

BANNED

John and the people of Korugar:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Thank you. It's always nice to be around other John Stewart fans.

Yeah, I think Jensen will use John as a Star Sapphire to have him fully move on from the past and be more forthcoming about his feelings. I think he'll go back to Soranik and take her up on her invitation to talk about what happened. The scene with Soranik actually made me wonder if Jensen plans on starting some kind of romantic thing between the two.

Visually, she's reminding more of Katma, now that she's grown her hair out some.

I think Jensen's goal is to repair John Stewart from all the damage that the writers did to him, which started in the late 80s when they killed Katma and made him sad, and only got worse and worse and worse from there. I think he may be putting him back to his original pre-Cosmic Oddysey status quo.

- Korugarian love interest
    - Hopefully not responsible for the destruction of a world (I think Jensen will go more into the Xanshi thing and absolve John)
    - Not sad anymore.

I think Gerard Jones kinda' sorta' tried to achieve this, but all his work on John in Mosaic was more or less brushed under the rug as soon as it ended.
    The John/Barry food fight solicit makes me think that Snyder will continue to move John closer to his 1980s version, while retaining the elements people are familiar with from the Justice league cartoon.

There is a notion that rather large threads may contribute to server load. As such, we are experimenting with closing existing threads to see if it helps matters.
    Feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules