Page 8 of 568 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    So you are saying the retaliers refused to stock Hal Jordan merchandise? I know the toy line didn't do well, but I see his shirts in every Wal Mart I go to. Can you show me were it was stated that reatliers refused to put Hal merch up and how many? Cartoons have impact yes, but I don't see how you can say most casual fans know John over Hal? Again I'm just asking. I don't see how you can speak for casual fans as if it's fact. There is no definitive proof I'm sorry if I derailed the thread. I just wanted to ask in both characters appreciation so know one could come in and bash either character.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/...imated-series/

From the article:
    I asked if it really came to down to the lack of merchandising sales, as Bleeding Cool had previously reported regarding Young Justice. He said yes. Since the Ryan Reynolds’ film, retailers were stuck with film merchandise that just wasn’t selling. This lead to those retailers being very reluctant, if not downright refusing, to any carry merchandise from the Animated Series. Therefore, a lack of sales on that front lead to a lack revenue for an admittedly expensive CG Series.
    And no, I have not polled the world. I just try to use common sense. When Hal Jordan's biggest presence in media is a critically panned, financial failure of a movie, of which many people asked why he wasn't John Stewart, and his next biggest presence is a cartoon that was cancelled after a season, and his next biggest is a line of merchandise that didn't sell, whereas John Stewart's biggest presence is being a main character on a hugely popular long running cartoon show, with a hugely popular looooooonnng running merchandise line... I'm led to believe that John Stewart has a casual fanbase and Hal Jordan has much less of one.

I really can't see why it is difficult to see why a person would come to this (to me) obvious and incredibly reasonable conclusion.
    Last edited by Desh; 05-19-2014 at 08:54 AM.

I wish they would go with John in the GL movie

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I wish they would go with John in the GL movie
    I've heard from people who are supposedly in the know that if/when they do Green Lantern on the big screen again, it will be John Stewart. Also, I have a hunch that John will show up on Arrow and or The Flash, and I think this may have something to do with it:
    http://greenlantern.co/van-jensen-an...for-a-project/

Don't they start filming The Flash show in the summer? I think I heard something about that. I know for certain Van Jensen wrote some kind of script Nick Jones Jr. is involved with, because I saw Jones say on Twitter something like, "Just saw your script. Can't wait to get filming." And really, what are the chances that the John Stewart actor and the John Stewart writer are going to be getting together by some chance and there will be filming and it WON'T involve John Stewart? I can't see any other project that could involve him other than The Flash or Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/...imated-series/

From the article:

And no, I have not polled the world. I just try to use common sense. When Hal Jordan's biggest presence in media is a critically panned, financial failure of a movie, of which many people asked why he wasn't John Stewart, and his next biggest presence is a cartoon that was cancelled after a season, and his next biggest is a line of merchandise that didn't sell, whereas John Stewart's biggest presence is being a main character on a hugely popular long running cartoon show, with a hugely popular looooooonnng running merchandise line... I'm led to believe that John Stewart has a casual fanbase and Hal Jordan has much less of one.

I really can't see why it is difficult to see why a person would come to this (to me) obvious and incredibly reasonable conclusion.
    It's not common sense. John was a part of an team cartoon. It wasn't as if it was a solo. Also I read the article you posted and it did say that some retailers didn't want to sell some of the merch. I just thought there would be one that said how many. I can't really see how it can be said as a fact that John has more casual fans awareness than Hal, but if that's your believe. Then can't argue with that. Again thanks for posting your reply as it was something I was interested in. I've derailed this thread enough lol. We can get back to talking about John.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-19-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    It's not common sense. John was a part of an team cartoon. It wasn't as if it was a solo.
    That doesn't really matter. His character was there enjoying the exposure that Hal Jordan was not getting. Apparently, people must have liked the result, because the show was very popular and successful. If his character did not have a lot of awareness and a casual fanbase, why in the world would people think Green Lantern is supposed to be Black, and why would they be upset when they see he's not? The fact that people actually cared enough to voice their dismay shows that they were, to some degree, fans of the character. At the very least, they were aware of John Stewart and not Hal Jordan.

Also I read the article you posted and it did say that some retailers didn't want to sell some of the merch. I just thought there would be one that said how many. I can't really see how i can be said as a fact that John has more casual fans awareness than Hal, but if that's your believe.
    However many there may have been, it was apparently enough to where it utterly stopped the cartoon show.

This isn't really confusing or hard to figure out.

Guy on a popular cartoon show for years that is still coming on today, and with a lot of really popular merchandise connected to him...

compared with...

Guy in a hated movie that made people wonder why he was not the guy mentioned above, and in a cartoon show that was cancelled after one season.

Whatever else, like comics, DTV's, and highly detailed and expensive figures are neither here nor there, because they aren't typically enjoyed by a casual audience.

That is how I can say that. Hal Jordan has simply not had the amount of positive exposure John Stewart has. I don't really even see how that's debatable. But go ahead and believe what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    That doesn't really matter. His character was there enjoying the exposure that Hal Jordan was not getting. Apparently, people must have liked the result, because the show was very popular and successful. If his character did not have a lot of awareness and a casual fanbase, why in the world would people think Green Lantern is supposed to be Black, and why would they be upset when they see he's not? The fact that people actually cared enough to voice their dismay shows that they were, to some degree, fans of the character. At the very least, they were aware of John Stewart and not Hal Jordan.

However many there may have been, it was apparently enough to where it utterly stopped the cartoon show.

This isn't really confusing or hard to figure out.

Guy on a popular cartoon show for years that is still coming on today, and with a lot of really popular merchandise connected to him...

compared with...

Guy in a hated movie that made people wonder why he was not the guy mentioned above, and in a cartoon show that was cancelled after one season.

Whatever else, like comics, DTV's, and highly detailed and expensive figures are neither here nor there, because they aren't typically enjoyed by a casual audience.

That is how I can say that. Hal Jordan has simply not had the amount of positive exposure John Stewart has. I don't really even see how that's debatable. But go ahead and believe what you want.
    You said he had starred so that's what I answered to. Again if that's what you believe I'm not debating it. You believe it. As I stated I don't want to derail the thread. I've got a friend of mines that does work for comic companies as he has a John Stewart that he just did. As soon as he does I'll post it here. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-19-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Guys, enough with the Hal-John debates. I'm getting to the point that I'm going to start deleting posts and asking for bans for trollish behavior from now on. I don't care which GL you like (including Guy, Kyle and Simon, too), be a little more considerate regarding other people's feelings and views on this matter. Consider this warning #1.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Spectacular Member ParticleFreezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    WaveHeater is that you!?
    I think waveheater got a bad rap on the other forums. I'm the total opposite of that guy. He dealt with waves, I deal with particles, he wanted Geoff Johns starving and homeless, I just want Geoff removed from anything having to do with the comics industry.

Spectacular Member ParticleFreezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Guys, enough with the Hal-John debates. I'm getting to the point that I'm going to start deleting posts and asking for bans for trollish behavior from now on. I don't care which GL you like (including Guy, Kyle and Simon, too), be a little more considerate regarding other people's feelings and views on this matter. Consider this warning #1.
    I won't pretend to know anything about modding, but in my opinion I think it's healthier to keep those Hal/John discussions contained in 2 or 3 threads so folks can get it out their system in an intelligent manner rather than outlawing it completely and having it creep out in the backyards of Decent threads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Thank you for intervening The Darknight Detective. I was about to bring down the hammer before I saw your post.

Also, Sherlock Holmes, we already laid out all the evidence, whether you accept it or not is up to you. After a while, this debate was just going around in circles. I won't pursue it any more on here.

Quote Originally Posted by ParticleFreezer View Post
    I won't pretend to know anything about modding, but in my opinion I think it's healthier to keep those Hal/John discussions contained in 2 or 3 threads so folks can get it out their system in an intelligent manner rather than outlawing it completely and having it creep out in the backyards of Decent threads.
    Welcome to every other Green Lantern thread sans the Appreciation threads.

Hmm... Nobody has started a discussing concerning the GREEN LANTERN CORPS #34 AUGUST 2014 SOLICITATION? I stopped by to view what people thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Leopard View Post
    Hmm... Nobody has started a discussing concerning the GREEN LANTERN CORPS #34 AUGUST 2014 SOLICITATION? I stopped by to view what people thought.
    I seriously hope nothing happens to Yrra.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I seriously hope nothing happens to Yrra.
    I hope not but when you also consider the July Solicitation, it looks bad.

GLCOR_Cv34.jpg

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #34
    Written by VAN JENSEN
    Art by BERNARD CHANG
    Cover by TREVOR McCARTHY
    DC UNIVERSE SELFIE variant cover
    On sale AUGUST 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
    After last issue’s shocking revelation John Stewart’s world is turned upside down! Is it too late for him to find the truth, or has he started down a dark path he can never return from?

That's an awesome cover.

Man, I hope nothing bad happens to John and he doesn't become a villain.