Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Did Hal try to kill Sinestro at the beginning of Rebirth? I can't remember. He killed a ton of people as Parallax if that counts.

He wasn't quite Parallax, yet...

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Did Hal .... He killed a ton of people as Parallax if that counts.
    It really depends where you start what eras and writer you jump in on.
    I remember an arc where Guy Gardner was straight up murdering people. Jordan was like that's not what the ring is for, you don't use it to kill, and wouldn't follow Gardner's lead, instead begins saving people.
    So Gardner tries to kill Jordan.

Sevral years later it's Jordan who is now using the ring to kill, something he said he'd never do.

I think on his way to becoming Parallax, he personally kills ^Sinestro, Bodika, and Kilowog to get to the Central Battery.
    Then by absorbing it's power, although they should all of had enough power to get to safety, he conveniently gets saddled with suposedly wiping out the entire Corps who were left unable to recharge.
    Although if you look at the Guardians, it's them who ridiculously give up, they lay down and "die" of what? Sadness? It's so ridiculous. Leaving Ganthet, who doesn't try and save even one Green lantern, if he knows they are out there supposedly dying. So what does he do? instead he leaves all the GLs to die.
    And flies off to earth to give it to some random (Kyle Rayner), rather than saving and giving it to any of the GL champions, those who the ring actually detected.

Of course this entire ridiculous plot was all editorially mandated complete out of character action, for Hal and the Guardians, they just needed all the Guardians and the entire Corps eliminated so they could do their Kyle has the only ring and is the ONLY GL shtick. LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-26-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Honestly at this point Green Arrow has probably killed more than enough people to be called a Serial Killer.

Did Batman really kill Darkseid? Wasn't it Superman who actually killed him? It gets weird when you get into the God stuff. But ol' Bats has killed a few people in the Golden Age. Driving people off the road, punching people off of rooftops and kicking people who have their head out the window to break their neck.

I don't think Jon Stewart actually killed that planet. I mean, he didn't set up that bomb.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gorblax View Post
    Yeah, that’s still murder.
    Not every killing is a "murder".

Also GA killing Dinah's torturer is his best example. Prometheus is another.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Jay Garrick also killed Wildcat upon request in order to take his last "extra" life and free him from a spell affecting those with magical or meta-human powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Did Batman really kill Darkseid?
    He did not.
    Darkseid was possessing Dick Turpin's body. Batman shot Turpin non-fatally in the shoulder with a Radium bullet.
    Now, Radium is lethal to New Gods, so this forced Darkseid to choose between death or leaving Turpin's body. He chose the latter.

Batman still murdered the KGBeast in cold blood in a cruel and unusual manner before that got retconned.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Hal Jordan was an active-service fighter pilot, so he's killed in combat before he even got the ring, which was a major plot point of New Frontier, and afterwards, he was shot down doing a bombing run on Russian-sponsored terrorists during Infinite Crisis 52 leap year.

Batwoman has killed or attempted to kill several people.
    Violet Paige killed her father.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He did not.
    Darkseid was possessing Dick Turpin's body. Batman shot Turpin non-fatally in the shoulder with a Radium bullet.
    Now, Radium is lethal to New Gods, so this forced Darkseid to choose between death or leaving Turpin's body. He chose the latter.

Batman still murdered the KGBeast in cold blood in a cruel and unusual manner before that got retconned.
    I think I remember that. Was more of the leaving him to die type of thing though wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He did not.

If you shoot somebody with a substance that is specifically stated to be lethal to them, then it is a fatal shot not matter where it is placed (and a shoulder shot can be fatal).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If you shoot somebody with a substance that is specifically stated to be lethal to them, then it is a fatal shot not matter where it is placed (and a shoulder shot can be fatal).
    I do think the idea was that Batman doesn't like killing or using guns so he'd have to use one in the final battle, but if we're getting technical, sure he intended to kill Darkseid but I don't think he wouldn't have killed if other things hadn't happened in the story. So I'm splitting hairs haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    He wasn't quite Parallax, yet...

What is it with breaking necks in the DCU? Didn't Barry break Zoom's neck? And Wonder Woman killed Maxell Lord that way. Even Superman in Man of Steel. I guess it's just a brutal way to do it without being too graphic.

Huh. So if I'm reading this thread correctly... Martian Manhunter is the only founding member of the Justice League who's never killed anyone.