Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Tony bankrolled up to Secret Wars. The ANAD team was so low on funds that the team wasn't paid. That's why Falcon, Vision, Thor and some kids were all he could recruit. The secondary teams were funded by Deadpool and Sunspot at that time. After Civil War II, Spider-Man signed up and took over as funder for the main team, which lasted until Secret Empire. Then Johnny Storm took over from both Deadpool and Spidey as the teams' financier (Janet van Dyne probably would've done had Reed Richards not been declared dead causing Johnny to inherit a fortune), as seen in the last few issues of Uncanny Avengers and mentioned at the end of No Surrender. He set up an Avengers Inc investment fund, and it's now that which funds the team.
    Crap that's over complicated.

If anything in the wake of Stark's ongoing issues, it should have been Janet Van Dyne funding the team.

She's rich as heck and she's a founding member.

Anything else makes no sense to me.

Black Panther or Namor could fund the team but it would have to be way more international in flavor than it usually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    If all founders can have a say on the running of the team, why is the Hulk barred?
    Because he quit after about 2 missions and pretty much wants nothing to do with the team, his founder status was given to Cap for admin purposes and Cap is well Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Crap that's over complicated.

If anything in the wake of Stark's ongoing issues, it should have been Janet Van Dyne funding the team.

She's rich as heck and she's a founding member.

Anything else makes no sense to me.

Black Panther or Namor could fund the team but it would have to be way more international in flavor than it usually is.
    Jan's rich but I don't think she's Tony rich, also she has two companies to run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That would explain Armor Wars and Force Works but what about when Stane had all his assets? And who was funding the team during the Hydrobase era (if that was the pre-Silver Centurion days)
    The Maria Stark Foundation was always funding the team, not Tony directly. No matter what happened to Tony and/or his companies, the foundation could never be touched because he didn't own it.

So, would the estate tax be a couple of heroes?

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Please remember to tip your waitstaff generously.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    The Maria Stark Foundation was always funding the team, not Tony directly. No matter what happened to Tony and/or his companies, the foundation could never be touched because he didn't own it.
    Oh. I didn't know the Maria Stark Foundation was around since the team's inception. My bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oh. I didn't know the Maria Stark Foundation was around since the team's inception. My bad.
    It hasn't historically been referenced by name but it's been sort of known that A trust was funding the team for decades. It was also referenced in the EMH episode "Some Assembly Required".

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    It hasn't historically been referenced by name but it's been sort of known that A trust was funding the team for decades. It was also referenced in the EMH episode "Some Assembly Required".
    I remember mention of the Maria Stark Foundation when Stark lost his company to Stane (in the 170s) and the Avengers financing was a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Cap America = Cap Marvel
    Iron Man = Black Panther
    Thor = Doctor Strange
    This comment = Confusion
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Jan's rich but I don't think she's Tony rich, also she has two companies to run.
    And she's Nadia's guardian now too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman