OblivionsNexus

Default I have a question about Logan and Fury

Okay it may just be me I'm not sure. But is there a reason that Nick Fury seems to hate Wolverine? I know that they knew each other during the war in Fury's younger days, but nowadays he actually seems to hate Wolverine and I'm not sure I understand why. At times he seems to treat Logan like a weapon, a dangerous criminal, or animal, or even going so far as to treat him like a full traitor which I know is something that Fury hates above most anything else.
    I'm just trying to understand exactly what the issue is here and where it stems from. Because there are other times when he seems to get along with Logan and almost treat him like an old army buddy. Then the very next time they run into each other Fury doesn't even call him by name he just calls him WeaponX and I don't get it.
    Please I'm really lost here and trying to actually understand what's going on. Any new insights are appreciated.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

What comics is this taking place? I thought the WWII veteran Nick Fury isn't even on Earth anymore and took the Watcher's place on the Moon.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionsNexus View Post
    Okay it may just be me I'm not sure. But is there a reason that Nick Fury seems to hate Wolverine? I know that they knew each other during the war in Fury's younger days, but nowadays he actually seems to hate Wolverine and I'm not sure I understand why. At times he seems to treat Logan like a weapon, a dangerous criminal, or animal, or even going so far as to treat him like a full traitor which I know is something that Fury hates above most anything else.
    I'm just trying to understand exactly what the issue is here and where it stems from. Because there are other times when he seems to get along with Logan and almost treat him like an old army buddy. Then the very next time they run into each other Fury doesn't even call him by name he just calls him WeaponX and I don't get it.
    Please I'm really lost here and trying to actually understand what's going on. Any new insights are appreciated.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Can you supply specific instances? Logan and Fury's relationship has always been fairly professional as far as I remember except for the anger Logan felt towards Fury after the Secret War mind wipe incident which did seem to blow over fairly quickly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionsNexus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    What comics is this taking place? I thought the WWII veteran Nick Fury isn't even on Earth anymore and took the Watcher's place on the Moon.
    Sounds to me that he's talking about the HOUSE OF M where Logan was more or less in charge of SHIELD; and Nick Fury was their 'Token' Human during that time....!!