Anybody else miss the Wendell Vaughn Quasar? I know that he passed the brackets to Avril Kincaid after the Pleasant Hill story, but didn't she die at the end of Secreruns Empire? I didn't mind the character, but she was never given the chance at all (neither was Phyla-Vell either).
But I would like the Avril Kincaid character to come back as Quasar but also have Wendell Vaughj back in action too. It never really made any sense to me why he gave up the mantle or how he was able to remove the brackets. If I remember correctly, they couldn't come off until the user died, which he did during Annihilation.
What I would like to see happen is have Avril return still using the Quantum Bands and find out that Wendell still has the power too. I remember his return was based on his usage of the Quantum Bands and his body was compromised completely of the Quantum energy. Once he got the Bands back, he created a new body for himself that was "flesh and blood". He told Avril that the Bands were causing him issues, so it could be explained that he is a Quantum being and the Bands were causing a significant overload. The he has become infused with the power like Alan Scott did in JSA. Alan was no longer human in the strictest sense and was a being comprised of Green Flame. He didn't even need the ring anymore and had only manifested it when he took back the name Green Lanterm.
Those are my thoughts....anyone else want to see this happen?