Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quasar love...

Astonishing Member

Wendell Vaughn was the best Quasar. Period.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'm still over here hoping Marvel give us a pair of Quasar by Gru Omnibusses
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member

Wendell's return as Quasar in GOTG #1 is now confirmed -- and we'll be seeing more of him in the upcoming GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY ANNUAL #1!

My favorite costume for Quasar.

He's always been one of my favorites... basically Green Lantern for marvel

The solicit for June's GOTG Annual confirms that it was no mistake. Wendell is back. I guess after Avril Kincaid was killed, he didn't want to burden another successor, so he took back the mantle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That’s my favorite Quasar costume as well. Can’t wait for more Wendell and Cosmo

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think this was my favorite Quasar costume. It is funny that for a character that has been around as long as Quasar has he has never really had a really bad costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The solicit for June's GOTG Annual confirms that it was no mistake. Wendell is back. I guess after Avril Kincaid was killed, he didn't want to burden another successor, so he took back the mantle.
    HOnestly I don't know why they keep trying to replace Wendell with these random female characters. They end up dying anyways.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

What's funnier to me is they keep trying to replace Wendall with gay female characters, and yet in the early 90s Gru was looking to do a bisexual story with Wendall, but wasn't allowed.

Glad to see Wendall back. Avril seemed to be a character Spencer created as a plot device.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yeah, that's clear in hindsight. He probably couldn't have used Quasar as the global shield destroyer if it was Wendell.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Yeah, that's clear in hindsight. He probably couldn't have used Quasar as the global shield destroyer if it was Wendell.
    Yes, because the storyline would have ended in issue #1 when he took it down and didn't die in the process.

Go Wendell!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Yes, because the storyline would have ended in issue #1 when he took it down and didn't die in the process.
    Yeah. On Avril's first attempt, she failed to take down the shield and ended up in a coma. When she recovered, she tried again, succeeding this time but at the cost of her life. That drama would've all been averted if it was Wendell. He would've succeeded on the first attempt. Editorial wouldn't have allowed him to die either.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    One of the many things I desliked in the recent Captain Marvel movie was the lack of a true hero's journey. Wendell's story, on the other hand, is the ultimate hero's journey, from the green rookie who could barely acesses his true power, to the Protector of the Universe who actually manages to survive his assignment, and one of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, learning and growing with each experience, with each failure and each success, overcomming his flaws, however, always retaining the oh so human aspect of the character. That's why Quasar is, and will always be, one of my favorites.

Peace

Mighty Member

Yeah. On Avril's first attempt, she failed to take down the shield and ended up in a coma. When she recovered, she tried again, succeeding this time but at the cost of her life. That drama would've all been averted if it was Wendell. He would've succeeded on the first attempt. Editorial wouldn't have allowed him to die either.
    Agreed on all counts. It wasn't a knock against Avril. It was more a case of Wendell's experience in using the bands and assessing what was needed to make the shield come down. His own solo series was proof of how his skill improved over time against cosmic level heroes and also higher level beings. I'm going to also assume he would have access to Epoch for knowledge and insight as well where Avril would not.