Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quasar love...

Incredible Member

Not gonna lie, I actually preferred it when Wendell was a straight up energy being after he initially came back during Secret Invasion before they reconstituted him for the War of Realms. Just felt like a more unique take on the character imo. That being said I honestly did prefer Phyla-Vhell as Quasar with the Quantum Sword.

Rosenberg pitched Quasar and Ka-Zar, but the editors turned it down.
    Rosenberg talked about some failed pitches that he keeps thinking about. One was a buddy-cop style team-up with a space man and a cave man, starring Quasar and Kazar as the title characters.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...el-eccc-panel/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Kazar in space might have been interesting. Based on what we're seeing in Avengers, I can totally imagine Kazar just floating around in space with nothing but a loin cloth and a knife in his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I'm...kind of glad that was turned down. People keep forgetting that Ka-zar has a family and a very big cat and is the defender of the Savage Land.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Spectacular Member

Quasar and the Uranian is the perfect story - the old man and the young man - the 1950s alien head and the handsome blond muscular SHIELD agent. They have such a shared history, it writes itself.

Spectacular Member

His most recent costume was definitely his best.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Kazar in space might have been interesting. Based on what we're seeing in Avengers, I can totally imagine Kazar just floating around in space with nothing but a loin cloth and a knife in his mouth.
    At that point, it'd become R-rated, since there is no gravity to keep the loin cloth down!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    My favorite costume for Quasar.

He's always been one of my favorites... basically Green Lantern for marvel
    I absolutely loved it when he got that costume. But I have to admit some of his more modern looks, like the one on the first page of this thread, look really great too.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I absolutely loved it when he got that costume. But I have to admit some of his more modern looks, like the one on the first page of this thread, look really great too.
    I'm not a fan of altering the shape and look of the quantum bands. Those are artifact level weapons and the costumes should be built around them... regardless if they look clunky to modern eyes. They just are what they are... Other than THAT.... yeah, I like the 1st page costume too. the masked one is still my favorite, but the newer ones are spiffy too. Just wish the bands were unaltered.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm not a fan of altering the shape and look of the quantum bands. Those are artifact level weapons and the costumes should be built around them... regardless if they look clunky to modern eyes. They just are what they are... Other than THAT.... yeah, I like the 1st page costume too. the masked one is still my favorite, but the newer ones are spiffy too. Just wish the bands were unaltered.
    Funny, the masked one is the ONLY one I never liked! For some reason, I'm still a fan of the headband and original bands. I guess because they were different. In any case, the most modern costume overall is my favorite. Add a headband, and revert the bands to their original state, and I'm happy.

Heh.

Guardians annual spoiler.

[SPOILER]So Wendell finds out Avril is alive and sets out to look for her.[/SPOILER]

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Heh.

Guardians annual spoiler.

[SPOILER]So Wendell finds out Avril is alive and sets out to look for her.[/SPOILER]
    I feel the need to complain a little about this Quasar story. I'm GLAD he's back, and he LOOKS great, and generally it captured his optimism and character, but....
    1) There was not a single fight scene. It was just talking. (yawn)
    2) I couldn't help think that the way he discussed Avril was more like - hey everyone, I'm going to be around a bit, but once I find Avril, I'm out of here
    3) How could he be taken captive so quickly? For that matter, how could any of those insanely powerful characters be taken captive at all?
    4) I didn't like the fruit juice reference. It makes it sound like he's not just the optimistic Captain America of space, but he's a goody-two-shoes who doesn't drink, smoke, or do other fun things which adults happen to do. That's not fair, from a character development perception. No one will be excited about a character in 2019 that lives a monk lifestyle. He's optimistic and good, not boring. There's a big difference, as shown by Captain America.
    5) Finally, the scene with Avril shows HER with Quantum Bands, but HE has the Quantum Bands. Is the suggestion that he can duplicate the Quantum Bands? That was never suggested, which is OK, but it's odd to just show it without explanation or notice. I presumed he just collected the QBs from space after Avril was supposedly disintegrated. If she had duplicates, then boy those duplicates were just as powerful as the originals. If he has that ability, why hasn't he done that ever before (that we are aware of)? Seems a big deal - and is totally left unexplained.

I like his look and the fact he is back, I just hope this isn't all just a set up to pass on the legacy and leave. That would very much anger me. As one person suggested on Twitter, we've seen that different alien species have worn the Quantum Bands as a single belt, and we've seen the bands can change shape, so it's not insane to think that the bands can be bigger/smaller/can be merged into one. I guess they can also (maybe) be duplicated to cover three, four, five arms or more. If that is possible, then maybe they can be duplicated entirely to be used by others. The problem is that Eon has awarded them to an individual. Maybe that individual is the Quantum Band fulcrum/core? Then any others who have the bands can do so as long as that main QB person is alive and using the Bands himself/herself? Like a living Central Power Battery. Also, maybe that ability would be limited only to those sharing the same alien DNA with the fulcrum? Phyla was 1/2 Titan Eternal, and the Titan Eternals came from humans. Avril is/was human. Maybe both were able to wear the QBs because Eon had bequeathed the Protector of the Universe designation to the human race? Just an idea.
    Last edited by Quasar's Bands; 06-06-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar's Bands View Post
    5) Finally, the scene with Avril shows HER with Quantum Bands, but HE has the Quantum Bands. Is the suggestion that he can duplicate the Quantum Bands? That was never suggested, which is OK, but it's odd to just show it without explanation or notice. I presumed he just collected the QBs from space after Avril was supposedly disintegrated. If she had duplicates, then boy those duplicates were just as powerful as the originals. If he has that ability, why hasn't he done that ever before (that we are aware of)? Seems a big deal - and is totally left unexplained.

I like his look and the fact he is back, I just hope this isn't all just a set up to pass on the legacy and leave. That would very much anger me. As one person suggested on Twitter, we've seen that different alien species have worn the Quantum Bands as a single belt, and we've seen the bands can change shape, so it's not insane to think that the bands can be bigger/smaller/can be merged into one. I guess they can also (maybe) be duplicated to cover three, four, five arms or more. If that is possible, then maybe they can be duplicated entirely to be used by others. The problem is that Eon has awarded them to an individual. Maybe that individual is the Quantum Band fulcrum/core? Then any others who have the bands can do so as long as that main QB person is alive and using the Bands himself/herself? Like a living Central Power Battery. Also, maybe that ability would be limited only to those sharing the same alien DNA with the fulcrum? Phyla was 1/2 Titan Eternal, and the Titan Eternals came from humans. Avril is/was human. Maybe both were able to wear the QBs because Eon had bequeathed the Protector of the Universe designation to the human race? Just an idea.
    I was wondering if this had been explained in prior issues or not,...

If it hasn't been... there is one potential loophole - Thanos created duplicates of four Quantum Band wearers in Quasar #26, and three of them were killed off the next issue when Wendell overloaded their bands while in the Quantum Zone (the Marvel Boy clone went on to appear again in Quasar #40-43 until Wendell dumped him in the White Room). Given that that happened other times in the series without destroying the bands (the guy in Quasar #1 and the fake Contemplator in #47), they should still be floating around in the Quantum Zone. So Wendell could potentially have retrieved them and given one of those pairs to Avril (of course, it would mean he would still have been wearing his quantum bands in invisible mode during the whole Pleasant Hill thing without intervening, but they're not meant to come off anyway...)

If Avril disappeared with the Quantum Bands... maybe Eon just gave Wendell new ones? Occam's Razor and all that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    If Avril disappeared with the Quantum Bands... maybe Eon just gave Wendell new ones? Occam's Razor and all that.
    Eon's dead. And didn't make them in the first place, s/he just found them hirself. [Which is why Mar-Vell didn't get them when Eon recruited him as PotU, and neither did Gravity when Eon's child/successor Epoch attempted to recruit him. In both cases, they didn't have access to the bands.]
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 06-06-2019 at 10:35 AM.