Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Doomsday Clock gets more delays

https://www.newsarama.com/39737-doom...onth-each.html

Next issue won't be till June, then no end issues till the end of August. Poor JSA/Legion fans

BANNED

After dropping this book after the first issue, I was indifferent to it. At this point I'm actively disliking it. This is ridiculous.

WTH?! Iím so glad I dropped this garbage! Just freaking cancel this book and let the DC universe move forward! This is absurd especially considering up to this point itís nothing but a Watchmen sequel with a Superman cameo and a supporting appearance from Batman.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, The Flash, & TMNT!

They should have just released it all at once. Everyone would have probably been hyped for such a big story and would have got a mega issue of the whole story.

All these delays have made it not very exciting. Personally i dont really care about it much

*facepalm*

This is embarrassing. At this point they need to just wrap this crap up because it’s going to be 2020 by the time Johns is finished. They should’ve released the book as one trade.

It's not that interesting of a book to have to wait so long between issues.
    Guess I'm done with it.
    Maybe I'll get the trade someday.
    When it's on sale.
    Cheap!

I think I might be alone in this but I’m honestly indifferent. I like the story, I trust the team doing it but I kinda gave up caring when each issue would release after it went Bi-Monthly, I do want the JSA, Shazam and the Legion back and I know its annoying that it holds that back but I honestly dont care that much. I’ll keep reading the book because I’m a third in anyway

This is fast approaching embarrassing. When an issue or two is delayed, that's part of the way thing operate. Things happen and no one's perfect. But this series hasn't even reached its sixth issue uyet and it's on its umpteenth delay. And ypou know that if five and six are deayed a month, then the rest of the bi-monthly issues will also come out a month or more later than they were last scheduled to.

I know the book is detail oriented. i get that and that such a story takes more time to prepare for both story and art. But it's not like any of this was a surprise. Anyone with a passing knowledge of creating comics and knowing about Watchmen could have told you this isn't just a simple slugfest to write and draw.

Have got to be kidding me. The story is moving at a snail's pace as it is...and these delays are the nail in the coffin.

If it's Johns schedule running the DCEU, then he should take on a co-writer and just drive the top-level story outline. If it's Frank's attention to detail driving the delays, he needs a co-artist. Alternate art on each issue, OR have 1 artist for Prime Earth and one for Watchmen Earth.

Literally who even remembers the plot anymore? I just want the JSA and Legion back at this point, the wait isn't worth it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Have got to be kidding me. The story is moving at a snail's pace as it is...and these delays are the nail in the coffin.

If it's Johns schedule running the DCEU, then he should take on a co-writer and just drive the top-level story outline. If it's Frank's attention to detail driving the delays, he needs a co-artist. Alternate art on each issue, OR have 1 artist for Prime Earth and one for Watchmen Earth.

Literally who even remembers the plot anymore? I just want the JSA and Legion back at this point, the wait isn't worth it.
    TBH wasn't moving me too much as is since it is more Watchmanny than DC comicy. Where's Ron Lim when you need him? he saved the Infinity Guantlet back in the day (though I would have preferred 100% Perez maybe not if it would have mean waiting a year for it to finish).

Spectacular Member

Yeah, I am out. Infinite Crisis, Flash Rebirth, Green Lantern Rebirth were all the big books from Geoff John's and had to contend with delays. The story hasn't even been remotely worth this garbage.
    "Bimonthly Guaranteed"....can't even make that work.
    Just give it up...get your sh** together and put the whole thing out as a deluxe format book. Those that care will by it...completests will buy it...maybe

I'd be laughing my butt off over this if it didn't mean that any return of the JSA was likely to be delayed even further.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Eh. Probably reads better in Trade anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Eh. Probably reads better in Trade anyway.
    What doesn't these days?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I don't much care in a personal sense; plenty of other good stuff in the meantime, not something where I'm desperate to get my hands on it as soon as possible, and I really don't care about when the JSA or Legion may or may not come back. But while I support delays for the sake of a good comic, even heavy ones, it's a whole different kind of embarrassing and increasingly unprofessional-looking when it's the lead book of the company - that others are waiting to finish so they can pull the trigger on their own stories - than with something like Doom Patrol.

(That being said, the cries for it to be cancelled or reformatted seem...I can't tell how much that's just an expression of exasperation or a serious suggestion, but I really hope it's the former, because the latter pretty obviously isn't happening.)
    You can follow me on Twitter or Tumblr, if more of my opinions sounds like something you'd like.