Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which Marvel characters are the "Most DC" and "Least DC"?

It has been often said that Batman is the "Most Marvel" hero DC has, i.e. the one DC hero who could always fit into the MU, without any change at all.

It has also been said that Superman is the "Least Marvel" hero DC has, i.e. the one DC hero who could never fit into the MU, not without major changes.

I agree with both sentiments.

But I kinda wonder about the flip side of that equation.

Who is the "Most DC" hero that Marvel has?

Who is the "Least DC" hero that Marvel has?

I'm blanking on the Most DC hero Marvel has ... Captain America, maybe? Thor, perhaps? Black Panther, possibly?

I would guess that Spider-Man, the "classic" Peter Parker version, is the Least DC hero Marvel has.

What do you think?

Captain America is probably the most DC hero while the X-men/Spider-man are the least DC hero.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Captain America is probably the most DC hero while the X-men/Spider-man are the least DC hero.
    This is probably the most accurate take you're going to find.

Deadpool-least DC, Captain America-most DC (not Stevil Rogers)

Yeah, Spidey was the first teen hero at the big two to not be a sidekick (remember, DC didn't own Shazam until the 1970s). The X-Men were also teens, and predate the Teen Titans (though not the individual members of that team). So they're both very unlike the traditional DC hero. Cap, on the other hand, is a boy scout, not unlike Superman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

People will probably disagree with me on this, but I think Black Panther is a pretty DC-ish hero.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Black Panther's not a bad pick, Frontier. But I agree with those who've already picked Captain America as the ''most'' DC character.

I'd probably pick Deadpool as the ''least'' as well.

BANNED

how people think Deadpool is unlike a dc character when he is literally a amalgamation of deathstroke and ambush bug is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    how people think Deadpool is unlike a dc character when he is literally a amalgamation of deathstroke and ambush bug is beyond me.
    Well, he's more of a parody .

To put a slightly different spin on question:- if companies came to a swap arrangement, where each allowed one character to move from one to the other for a year, I think the Marvel character I’d most like to see in DC is Sue Richards.

And I certainly wouldn’t want to see Batman in Marvel for a year, certainly not the way he’s written nowadays.

Wally West would most likely be more fun, especially if his top speed was dialled down to be just a bit faster than Quicksilver. There is something cheering about thought of Wally outpacing QS, then moaning about “when I was really fast, I could have....”

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    To put a slightly different spin on question:- if companies came to a swap arrangement, where each allowed one character to move from one to the other for a year, I think the Marvel character I’d most like to see in DC is Sue Richards.

And I certainly wouldn’t want to see Batman in Marvel for a year, certainly not the way he’s written nowadays.

Wally West would most likely be more fun, especially if his top speed was dialled down to be just a bit faster than Quicksilver. There is something cheering about thought of Wally outpacing QS, then moaning about “when I was really fast, I could have....”
    I think Wally and Kyle Rayner would probably migrate to the Marvel Universe fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Wally and Kyle Rayner would probably migrate to the Marvel Universe fairly well.
    I agree. And I suspect in that a fair number of the “hard core” fans of those two characters would love them to do a “Marvel tour” while D.C. ponder how to put them to better use....

I'm not well-versed in DC's universe, so when I think of DC characters I tend to think of super-powerful, larger-than-life characters who defend the world but are always a bit removed from it.

So Thor was the first one that came to my mind.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Definitely Captain America. Dude would fall right into Checkmate just fine.

Most is Steve Rogers, though Panther comes really close.