View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Science #35

1 6.67%
  • Death or Glory #1 [series premiere]

4 26.67%
  • East of West #37

3 20.00%
  • Gravedigger's Union #6

0 0%
  • Scales & Scoundrels #9

2 13.33%
  • Sex Criminals #24

1 6.67%
  • Spawn #285

0 0%
  • Stray Bullets: Sunshine & Roses #34

3 20.00%
  • The Walking Dead #179

1 6.67%

Default Weekly Image poll #18 - Ride or Die boys

Waddup famsquad, it's paneltime!

Last week's poll was won by Kill or be Killed #18, in a shocking turn of events that surprised everyone.

This week's notable releases include the beginning of Black Science's new storyline, as well as a new one for Gravedigger's Union. Then Scales & Scoundrels is doing a more-or-less one-shot issue this week about lonely mermaids, and Stray Bullets seems to promise a particularly trippy issue this time...

New this week is the premiere of Death or Glory, drawn by French superstar illustrator Bengal and written by some dude called Rick Remender? Always nice to see newcomers in comics!
    It's a heist/crime/car/motorcycle/chase story set in the West of America, a cross-county race of sorts. Bound to look stylin' of course, and it's debuting at a double-sized pagecount to boot!

308453.jpg

New Remender Book Day. Ah, I remember that exciting feeling.

That said..

East of West #37. And congrats to Hickman and Dragotta and company on the Amazon TV show announcement.

Another bullet for Bullets.

Fantastic Member

I was impressed by Death or Glory. Black Science didn’t do as much for me, I’ll stick with it until the end but I’m glad they’re finally starting to wind it down (sounds like two arcs left).

Those were the only two for me. Would’ve given East of West, Sex Criminals, and Gravediggers a shot if I were caught up.

I voted for East of West, the only one I got this week.

I use to mostly have a look at the trades of Remender's books when they come out. I got tired of Black Science after a few arcs - I was pretty enthusiastic at first.
    Last edited by Abe; 05-05-2018 at 12:51 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

I'm the same way with Black Science. I don't know what happened specifically, it just lost me.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Haven't read Death or Glory (tonight maybe) or Stray Bullets (unless I read this tonight...) but one or the other's gonna get my vote, I betcha.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Voted Stray Bullets for its usual insanely can't-believe-it moments, conveyed with excellent moments of dialogue and usual flawless graphics--scariest comic book around. Death or Glory's weak opening soured me until midway where it really begins to get engaging. It was an okay first issue, but Bullets grabbed me.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I decided today to pick up Death or Glory #1 since there were still a good amount of issues on the shelf. I'm glad I did. It was really good. With Descender, Kill or Be Killed, and East of West all coming to a close, I'll be adding this to my pull list.

Not good enough to change my vote from East of West though. I'll miss that book once it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    New Remender Book Day. Ah, I remember that exciting feeling.

That said..

East of West #37. And congrats to Hickman and Dragotta and company on the Amazon TV show announcement.
    Man I really hope Amazon puts a decent budget behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    Man I really hope Amazon puts a decent budget behind it.
    Right? It could really be somethin.

I realise I'm a bit behind but I picked up Death or Glory #1 at my LCS this week. Really liked it so I think I'll be adding it to my pull list.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I realise I'm a bit behind but I picked up Death or Glory #1 at my LCS this week. Really liked it so I think I'll be adding it to my pull list.
    I picked it up a week after it's release and felt the same way about it. Glad I decided to pick it up and glad there were extra copies hanging around at my LCS