Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Astonishing X-Men #11 Spoilers

We saw through the preview that Proteus has started his garden and his seeds are planted all over the world. Psylocke is in command and has a plan. The Xmen put it to use. It mainly consists of OML. Archangel and Mystique using metal and morphing into his mother. Once they drain him, Rogue and Bishop convert his energy and release him back to the universe so to speak.

Whilst this all went down Psylocke and X combined forces to burn out the seeds across the planet. As they are working on it they discover they are not enough to accomplish the task. X mentions the network of psychics the Shadow King was using and that Betsy who is in control should tap into it. She agrees and does so. As soon as she does X says oh yes my pretty and transforms into the Shadow King.

Honestly predictable and boring. Art was good. I enjoyed the blend of coloring and effects used but story fell real flat. Proteus' end was very anti climatic and the reveal was seen coming in like issue 3. I can see why a reboot is coming.

Between this and Weapon Lost #1, Soule just isn't right for X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Am i to take it that the "shadow king" they killed was Xavier?
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 05-02-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Between this and Weapon Lost #1, Soule just isn't right for X-Men.
    Pretty much this. Betsy’s not supposed to be this gullible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Well, Ughhhh... but still the point of this book it's to bring back Xavier right.

So maybe he it's with Fantomex in the astral plane.

I told ya'll Xavier was never back and this was always Shadow King. The black text bubbles was the dead give away from the beginning and explained why Marvel never made a bigger deal about him being back and why it hasnt been referenced in the other books. This reveal kind of makes up for that now
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-02-2018 at 06:09 AM.

So...should just wait and buy the TPB?

BANNED

Pretty good issue. Garney's art was absolutely stellar. I'm really curious to see how Betsy will get them out of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post
    Well, Ughhhh... but still the point of this book it's to bring back Xavier right.

So maybe he it's with Fantomex in the astral plane.
    He probably wasn't there in the first place. Fantomex might still be alive if Psylocke can get SK out of him.

This was such a slow ..predictable story

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    He probably wasn't there in the first place. Fantomex might still be alive if Psylocke can get SK out of him.

This was such a slow ..predictable story
    If there was no Xavier, the parts where he talks alone with Shadow King make no sense. But there was literally no indication of a moment where they swapped, except if it was in issue #5 where there was an Xavier talking to the whole team and another talking to Fantomex. Also, Charles had his own thought bubbles. Maybe he's just stuck under SK's mind.

One more bad issue. Glad that it ends next issue.

BANNED

For funsies, people should reread the discussion thread of the (already kind of mediocre) #1 issue and see how everyone's screaming from the roofs that the X-Men are now saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    For funsies, people should reread the discussion thread of the (already kind of mediocre) #1 issue and see how everyone's screaming from the roofs that the X-Men are now saved.
    It was sort of like we were in a fabreeze commercial.

“I’m blindfolded, but it smells great in here! Am I in a glorious meadow?”

*four issues in takes off blindfold* ”... oh, I’m in a creepy damp warehouse full of garbage that you just sprayed fabreeze over... great”

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Pretty much this. Betsy’s not supposed to be this gullible.
    It's......strange to say the least. I've never seen a story with an ending so predictable, it's unpredictable. The signs were blaring so loud that you'd think it was a purposeful red herring. Xavier is probably gonna be hidden inside Shadow King or bleeding out somewhere on the Astral Plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    YIIIIIIIIIIKES!

I'm gonna scream if Soule is writing the book where Bishop, Psy, Rogue, and Gambit are going next. Haven't we suffered enough with Gold?

Well, at least Gambit didn't say boyo.

Was X meant to be the Shadow king all along, or did Shadow King simply escape from X's control?

And it wouldn't be a surprise to see Psylocke and Fantomex team up to beat Shadow king. I think a lot of people feel that is going to happen.