Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    It was sort of like we were in a fabreeze commercial.

“I’m blindfolded, but it smells great in here! Am I in a glorious meadow?”

*four issues in takes off blindfold* ”... oh, I’m in a creepy damp warehouse full of garbage that you just sprayed fabreeze over... great”
    LOL this is the perfect analogy for almost every new book they give us.
    This series in particular felt like "You're perfect, You're beautiful. You look like Linda Evangelista, You're a model, Everything about you is perfect" after the first issue from most readers.
    Now they like, "Vanjie"

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    If there was no Xavier, the parts where he talks alone with Shadow King make no sense. But there was literally no indication of a moment where they swapped, except if it was in issue #5 where there was an Xavier talking to the whole team and another talking to Fantomex. Also, Charles had his own thought bubbles. Maybe he's just stuck under SK's mind.
    Actually there is. If Shadow King was playing both parts. Their interactions were only to further fool Rogue, Gambit and Mystique who Xavier was holdi ng within him and upgrading. They would have seen the conversation play out. I believe it is very plausible that Xavier was a construct of a shadow King and this was his ultimate goal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    It was sort of like we were in a fabreeze commercial.

“I’m blindfolded, but it smells great in here! Am I in a glorious meadow?”

*four issues in takes off blindfold* ”... oh, I’m in a creepy damp warehouse full of garbage that you just sprayed fabreeze over... great”
    LOL omg this is legit funny.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    If there was no Xavier, the parts where he talks alone with Shadow King make no sense. But there was literally no indication of a moment where they swapped, except if it was in issue #5 where there was an Xavier talking to the whole team and another talking to Fantomex. Also, Charles had his own thought bubbles. Maybe he's just stuck under SK's mind.
    Xavier's speech bubbles were ALWAYS black. SK might have been talking to himself and set it all up as a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Pretty much this. Betsy’s not supposed to be this gullible.
    I'm not surprised considering this is the same man who gave us this:
    Untitled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    This series in particular felt like "You're perfect, You're beautiful. You look like Linda Evangelista, You're a model, Everything about you is perfect" after the first issue from most readers.
    Now they like, "Vanjie"
    I'm in love with how much RuPaul this forum watches.

Also...super glad I only bought the first comic of this run, simply for the Terry Dodson Psylocke variant.

Fantastic Member

what? There was even a Charles Xavier mini story after the main story of issue 6. They treated X just like he is the real Charles Xavier and now he is not? I need some time to accept it....

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Now they like, "Vanjie"
    OH MY GOD!

Your comment is perfection. it should be printed and framed.

Well can not say that I'm surprised with the end with SK and this is the biggest problem everyone has suspected since the beginning.

Deserves some points for the action scenes but in terms of plot this story should have finished three issues ago.

About Proteus know he was a villain but I felt sorry for him at least a bit and the fact that the X-men did not even try to save him or actually tried to actually talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I told ya'll Xavier was never back and this was always Shadow King. The black text bubbles was the dead give away from the beginning and explained why Marvel never made a bigger deal about him being back and why it hasnt been referenced in the other books. This reveal kind of makes up for that now
    This. From the beginning those black bubbles were weird as ****, it was obvious something was going on there.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    what? There was even a Charles Xavier mini story after the main story of issue 6. They treated X just like he is the real Charles Xavier and now he is not? I need some time to accept it....
    See, for people like you this was a good swerve - for people like the majority of the rest of us we saw it coming a mile away. It would've been cooler if it turned out that X was legit, or at least less expected.

Soule's writing is solid, and the art on this book is stellar, but I just think that (between this and the Hunt for Wolverine) his ideas aren't... fresh.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    they were duped. This X dude never acted anything like Xavier. His speech bubbles were black and he wasnt being referred to as Xavier, just X. Its amazing how anyone fell for it, especially Psylocke.

BANNED

so is this going to end up with the shadow king Xavier and fantomex ending up regressed to babyhood or teenage hood and becoming the male cuckoos as the X office seems to have run out of original ideas? The askani will show up from future to take custody of them because they denote the coming of the holy mutant Trinity but the X men are like no way and it will lead to a crossover event where the wolverine family will kidnap the trio to keep it out of evil hands with the x men askani cable and his x force all chasing them but it's Bishop who will save the day by shooting baby/teen Xavier in the head accidentally yet again which makes extermination happen and makes him the last x man once again and he is going to kill himself when stryfe comes and tells him it was all a mirage induced by him due to implanting him with a symbiote.

I dunno, I’ve kinda liked this whole thing.

I’ve loved the interactions within this team and whilst we saw the end result a mile off, I still like how the Shadow king was involved, he’s a great classic X-Men villain.
    I’ve loved Psylocke taking charge, Bishop being back and some great art.

This would maybe read better as a tpb but I’ve overall been quite pleased with this story.
    Last edited by SonOfPsylocke; 05-02-2018 at 11:26 AM.

So Rogue was the real Cable to defeat Proteus, it has logic. but it does not stop looking like a horrible book.

A couple of cool scenes with Rogue do not make me change my mind about how horrible this book has been.

This is still one of my least favourite X-Books, but if it's just inconsequential and Xavier doesn't come back then I'm sure I won't mind it as much. If Rosenberg's run is something really stellar I might get these two trades just for the shelf's sake.

I don't like the idea of what Soule is doing afterwards if it isn't an X solo series (which I'd ignore) though. I really don't want to see him take over a flagship title, he's had far too much impact on the books as is and just doesn't have the chops. Just let him have Wolverine or whatever.

BANNED

Remember when Soule said that this book would completely change the landscape of the X-Men universe?