Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Honestly the way that I read into this was that that had been Xavier but when they defeated Shadow King, he piggybacked on Xavier like a parasite and was hiding within him biding his time. Proteus bringing the Astral plane to the real world combined with the psychic energy from the psychic network gave him the power that he needed to completely reconstruct himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly the way that I read into this was that that had been Xavier but when they defeated Shadow King, he piggybacked on Xavier like a parasite and was hiding within him biding his time. Proteus bringing the Astral plane to the real world combined with the psychic energy from the psychic network gave him the power that he needed to completely reconstruct himself.
    That sounds like a reasonable explanation that Shadow King piggybacked on Xavier.

, was X face and body really destroyed ?

The one or two words dialogues didn't help at all. Many of these are found.

No,no!
    Do it.
    oh yes.
    no
    yes
    argh

The whole 12 issues could have been condensed into 6 issues for much better dialogues.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 05-02-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That's how I'm reading it, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Between this and Weapon Lost #1, Soule just isn't right for X-Men.
    Unfortunately, he's shown he doesn't have a deep understanding of the characters he's writing. And there's a lot of filler- the Proteus subplot wasn't really needed and I think the story should've been wrapped up in six issues. I think one of the biggest crimes is bringing together such an iconic group of characters and not using them to their full potential. Psylocke is really the only one who's done anything, and I think his take on Betsy is quite dry. I think it's very telling that Soule could have essentially told the same story with practically any X-Men and it wouldn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    It's......strange to say the least. I've never seen a story with an ending so predictable, it's unpredictable. The signs were blaring so loud that you'd think it was a purposeful red herring. Xavier is probably gonna be hidden inside Shadow King or bleeding out somewhere on the Astral Plane.

I'm gonna scream if Soule is writing the book where Bishop, Psy, Rogue, and Gambit are going next. Haven't we suffered enough with Gold?
    I mean, we all called it as soon as 'X' surfaced back in issue 6(?). Yawn. Idc if this means Xavier is gonna stay dead (I'd actually prefer it) I just hope the cast all make it out- unless if they're killing off OML or Fantomex, in which case I'm all for it.

I'll die if it's Soule. Besides, I think only Betsy + Bishop are confirmed thus far to be in another title after Astonishing #12. Rogue might be a Gold mainstay and Gambit is jumping to Red anyway, so they're probably accounted for. I'm hoping Mystique and Angel get a title once this wraps too. I've said elsewhere recently that Psylocke leading a team of X-Men consisting of Angel, Bishop, Mystique, Banshee, Sunfire and Frenzy would be a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Mystique was right.
    I love Mystique. I hope she sticks around for an ongoing; on a more heroic trajectory and aligning herself with Magneto or Psylocke OR with Sabretooths kill squad in Weapon X. So long as the writer/s know what they're doing I'm here for it.

BANNED

Writers nowadays use the same X character in more than one X-book, they don't give a damn about what the other writer write unlike the X-Men books back in 80s,90s where each X-character only appears in one X-book in the same month.

That's why we have Wolvie, Gambit running around in so many X-book at the same time.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Par for the course issue, I hoped the black speech pattern was a result of Xavier's battles with the SK, and not another unfortunate Farouk return.

Also, between the casts of XM:G and AXM we should be having some at the very least interesting storytelling it's utterly disappointing what both writers have done with such prominent casts.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Another mediocre issue. At least there's only one more, so I can drop this before it gets just plain awful...

It's hard for me to hate on Soule, but Marvel is not his universe*. He needs to go back to DC where pretty much all of his output was excellent.

*Daredevil being the exception, cuz that sh!t's been great from his first issue!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Speaking of Mystique has it even been referenced that Psylocke psychically "fixed" her in UXM?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Speaking of Mystique has it even been referenced that Psylocke psychically "fixed" her in UXM?
    No but it doesn't seem necessary or pertinent for the story, imo.

A lot of this griping and whining on this thread is really unfounded when Lord Knows we x-fans have suffered much, much worse and it borders on petty and ungrateful. I enjoyed the issue. and I don't think the X/Shadow King/Xavier thing is quite over yet to determine what exactly we just saw.

But let's please not equate IvX and Astonishing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    Yes, when this came out, it felt like the A-list book, but now it feels like C-list to be never referenced by anybody ever again.
    That's how they handled Humphries Xforce run. Nobody talks about it, well except for one thing in particular, that no other writer mentiones, even if some fans wish otherwise lol.

BANNED

Not yet but I'm hoping it's addressed at some point. If not, I hope it's considered by other writers and used as a means of solidifying her path

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

Also, between the casts of XM:G and AXM we should be having some at the very least interesting storytelling it's utterly disappointing what both writers have done with such prominent casts.
    I don't agree with you. X-Men Gold is much better than AXM.

BANNED

I told ya'll Xavier was never back and this was always Shadow King. The black text bubbles was the dead give away from the beginning and explained why Marvel never made a bigger deal about him being back and why it hasnt been referenced in the other books. This reveal kind of makes up for that now
    Which is also why he never referred to himself as Professor Xavier or Charles. He was X. The X-Men KNEW this wasn't the Xavier they knew, whoever he was. Also it seems very unlike Xavier to trap a person in the astral plane to still their body, and this is the Shadow King's method of operation. Perhaps the Xavier we saw the Shadow King talking to, the one who battled him was merely a projection/aspect of the Shadow King. The Shadow King is a trickster, after all. He's calling himself the spider, and the spider is a great trickster in certain African cultures.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Which is also why he never referred to himself as Professor Xavier or Charles. He was X. The X-Men KNEW this wasn't the Xavier they knew, whoever he was. Also it seems very unlike Xavier to trap a person in the astral plane to still their body, and this is the Shadow King's method of operation. Perhaps the Xavier we saw the Shadow King talking to, the one who battled him was merely a projection/aspect of the Shadow King. The Shadow King is a trickster, after all. He's calling himself the spider, and the spider is a great trickster in certain African cultures.
    Ok then. So does that mean that Prof X is not returning to Marvel?

I kinda liked his new body and look. LOL.

Hopefully, Prof X can banish Shadow King back to the astral realm and gain control of his body.

I always wondered why those black dialogues were there and the real Xavier would have given Proteus a chance rather than try to kill him just for being alive.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 05-04-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    You mean, unlike Xavier to trap a sentient being to be a Danger Room for his students?
    Or unlike Xavier to hide the truth about the Deadly Genesis team to the X-Men?
    Or unlike Xavier to send a impressionable young girl to spy on the Hellfire Club?
    Or unlike Xavier to <insert whatever dark retcon the writers think up>?

I'm not a fan of those damaging storylines as it tarnished his image unnecessarily at the expense of others. But we have to deal with those being cannon, so we can't say for certain that Xavier wouldn't trap someone on the Astral Plane.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir