Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    So the issue didn't end on a concrete note of them being a couple again?

If you're not a shipper, there may be hope Jordan D. White (editor) has stated that functional relationships are boring. So Rogue x Gambit will be back to square one of fighting and drama soon enough. It's not gonna be happy for too long, then they'll eventually split again because it's Marvel's formula.
    It certainly looked like they were together. She says that 'you and me are forever' and he asks her to meet his cats. it is possible that future writers ignore this, but it is is cannon!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

It was garbage. The art couldn’t save the shoddy story. Just another fan wanked problematic x-relationship.

So the issue didn't end on a concrete note of them being a couple again?

If you're not a shipper, there may be hope Jordan D. White (editor) has stated that functional relationships are boring. So Rogue x Gambit will be back to square one of fighting and drama soon enough. It's not gonna be happy for too long, then they'll eventually split again because it's Marvel's formula.
    I imagine the intent was that they are together, but it is tough to say until we see it in other books I suppose.

Yeah, I don't think they will be together long even if they are back together. It is only a matter of time until Magneto, a Magneto clone, Rogue's powers, something from Gambit's past, or Gambit being an idiot and deciding to work for some villain again will come into play to spark some conflict.

Wow, guess this is the Romy hate thread.

Sorry y'all but it's their time in the sun. May it be a long day!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

So much butthurt. I get not everybody likes the relationship but hating it so much is just bad.
    I'm happy for what this book has done with their relationship and I hope they stay together for a long time.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    So much butthurt. I get not everybody likes the relationship but hating it so much is just bad.
    I'm happy for what this book has done with their relationship and I hope they stay together for a long time.
    Well that's the thing. You like them together, so naturally you enjoy it. But for people who hate them together, or feel the characters are ruined when they're together are gonna complain and hate it, because it's gonna get shoved in their faces until the finally break up again, which they will eventually.

It's easy to say people are whiners for the sake of it, or just being salty when you're getting whatever it is you want. lol It's like a rich person telling a poor person they whine too much about money.

But when Romy looked like it was being trolled by Duggan, the Romy fans were just as salty.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-03-2018 at 08:33 AM.

BANNED

Well that's the thing. You like them together, so naturally you enjoy it. But for people who hate them together, or feel the characters are ruined when they are are gonna complain and hate it, because it's gonna get shoved in their faces with the characters until the finally break up again.

It's easy to say people are whiners for the sake of it, or just being salty when you're getting whatever it is you want. lol But when Romy looked like it was being trashed by Duggan with Deadpool, the Romy fans were just as salty.
    I'd argue a major factor is how the writers themselves handle it. There's a LOT of writers who flat out fail to write relationships (ANY relationships) well. Case in point Guggenheim with Kitty and Peter, and Hopeless with Warren and Laura. A badly-written relationship can sour readers on it even if it's one that should be enjoyable on paper. Especially if it's allowed to overwhelm everything about the characters, and they become defined by it within a given work.

Speaking as someone who fell in love with Gambit and Rogue as INDIVIDUALS in the Animates Series, I was COMPLETELY charmed by this series.

Their relationship wasn't really one that I had fervent feelings about in the books, as to whether they are best together or best apart.

I thoroughly enjoy them apart. They're terrific in their respective arenas. And I really enjoy their flirty behavior in said arenas.

That being said I'm an official shipper now.
    I need, need, neeeeeeeeed follow-up/follow-through for Gambit, Rogue, Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro.
    Last edited by Fokken; 05-03-2018 at 08:38 AM.

BANNED

Remy takes really well the fact that Rogue once left him to hook up with a grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Remy takes really well the fact that Rogue once left him to hook up with a grandpa.
    Silver Daddies were IN, that season.
    Remy understands trends. #Trench #Headsock #SilverDaddyBangin