Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I just had to do a post to give a standing ovatation to Kelly Thompson and Pere

Perez. This isn't a spoiler or review but a gush. I just want to say Rogue and Gambit has been a true delight from first issue to last, with each getting better. I can't remember the last time a comic made me laugh, grin, get sad, get upset, and get inspired all at the same time through the sheer words and art on the page. The biggest compliment i can give is having read all 5 issues i never once thought outside the emotions of the story because everything was just so well done i never left the story until the issue was over. This was a truly great series.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

It was mostly fan service and none of the Sinister issues or hard choices were truly tackled.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    It was mostly fan service and none of the Sinister issues or hard choices were truly tackled.
    But if that was what the story was about and you selected the hard choices you felt needed to be tackled, wouldn't that in of itself be fan service? I enjoyed the complete story Kelly chose to tell. The story was about Rogue and Gambit going on a mission and having to pretend to be a couple to crack the case. They did that and more and it was spectacular. I feel i got more than what i was solicited to get.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I loved White's comments about "rekindling" a beloved romance, or whatever, on Twitter. I couldn't resist throwing shade that it was only until the decided to derail it again because drama.

Unlike Gold at least they know how to use Nostalgia in this story to create something good to read.

For a mini it was very good with good art, action scenes and drama (without getting boring).

The biggest problem is maybe the motivations of the villain that we only discovered in the last issue but doubt we see her again then it does not make much difference.

I’m dying laughing at that last page! I can’t find that fan made internet comic of that exact thing but that was brilliantly done KT. I loved every issue of this mini series. Brilliant job KT. This was a treasure

I agree. Kelly Thompson deserves a standing ovation for what she did with Rogue/Gambit. She helped remind everyone why that relationship is special and I hope the success of this series leads to others like it, as well as other opportunities for her to write more X-books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I agree. It was great. I wish we had more such quality stories like this.
    Thank you for one of the best Romy stories!

Agree!!! Standing ovation! Kelly Thompson and Pere Perez take a bow! You had SO many boxes to tick to pull this off in only 5 issues. You'll never make everyone happy, but I for one have loved every single issue. Marvel, we need more of THIS, like all of this, in the X-books!!! Thorough character research, humor, creativity, nostalgia, creative action scenes, romance, impeccable facial expressivity, character progression, and esoteric analysis. I really hope to see more of KT's writing, more of Pere's art, and more of the new, non-angsty Rogue and Gambit relationship.

Yes!!! This issue was terrific! Thanks KT & Pere Perez!! So sad it is over. I want an ongoing now.

Wasn't a fan of the series, but I don't care for Gambit and Rogue together so it isn't a surprise, although I do like them individually. Despite not caring for them together I followed the series a bit because I wanted to see how the author tackled their issues that have been out there for a number of years now, and overall I was disappointed. Trying to pass off a lot of their problems as Rogue just liking to run away from problems was weak to me. It is a very light way to address them.

Though my biggest problem with the series addressing their situation was that Magneto's name wasn't once mentioned in the whole mini. I get the feeling that not using his name was a very deliberate decision by the author, but trying to pass off Rogue and Mags' relationship as a "fling" because Rogue wanted to "experience' someone else was was very disappointing. Mags isn't a character you just have a flig with, especially given her long history with him. Rogue choosing Magneto over Gambit was the one thing that had never been addressed really and I was curious how the author would deal with it, but she never really did. So the big thing I was curious about didn't get any resolution.

But of course this series wasn't for me. It was a nostalgic mini for readers that are fans of them as a couple and that is all it was. I hope that Rogue and Gambit aren't back together as I think Gamibt is written terrible when they are, but I guess we will see.

1649596-canrogueabsobanimals.jpg

Last page amazingness. Man, KT, you are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    1649596-canrogueabsobanimals.jpg

Last page amazingness. Man, KT, you are awesome.
    Yes!!! This was genius!!! Loved it.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Wasn't a fan of the series, but I don't care for Gambit and Rogue together so it isn't a surprise, although I do like them individually. Despite not caring for them together I followed the series a bit because I wanted to see how the author tackled their issues that have been out there for a number of years now, and overall I was disappointed. Trying to pass off a lot of their problems as Rogue just liking to run away from problems was weak to me. It is a very light way to address them.

Though my biggest problem with the series addressing their situation was that Magneto's name wasn't once mentioned in the whole mini. I get the feeling that not using his name was a very deliberate decision by the author, but trying to pass off Rogue and Mags' relationship as a "fling" because Rogue wanted to "experience' someone else was was very disappointing. Mags isn't a character you just have a flig with, especially given her long history with him. Rogue choosing Magneto over Gambit was the one thing that had never been addressed really and I was curious how the author would deal with it, but she never really did. So the big thing I was curious about didn't get any resolution.

But of course this series wasn't for me. It was a nostalgic mini for readers that are fans of them as a couple and that is all it was. I hope that Rogue and Gambit aren't back together as I think Gamibt is written terrible when they are, but I guess we will see.
    So the issue didn't end on a concrete note of them being a couple again?

If you're not a shipper, there may be hope Jordan D. White (editor) has stated that functional relationships are boring. So Rogue x Gambit will be back to square one of fighting and drama soon enough. It's not gonna be happy for too long, then they'll eventually split again because it's Marvel's formula.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But if that was what the story was about and you selected the hard choices you felt needed to be tackled, wouldn't that in of itself be fan service? I enjoyed the complete story Kelly chose to tell. The story was about Rogue and Gambit going on a mission and having to pretend to be a couple to crack the case. They did that and more and it was spectacular. I feel i got more than what i was solicited to get.
    We'll see. I doubt any big name writer follows up on what was pushed here. Gambit is on the Jean squad and Rogue is usually pushed harder than LeBeau.